Beta version v6.4.62 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Apr 19, 2023.

1. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

More to the point when will Zidoo be releasing new hardware with a new SOC? The Z9X is coming up to three years old.

2. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

Around July.

3. lanz

lanz Member

So there's a good chance we won't get a new firmware before then?

4. thivame

thivame Active Member

If they can't even make good firmware out of a 3-year-old box, what's the point of taking a box released less than 6 months ago???
    Personally, I'd rather have something older that works than something very recent that makes you suffer....

gymnos and Letmein like this.
  5. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Is there any more info on what to expect?

6. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

7. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I've had various media boxes over the years and every one started with and ended with various undefeatable issues. To me this is an accepted 'feature' of these boxes as they we expect them to play a variety of different formats from varying sources.

For me the Z9X is great, flawed but great. I expect the new ones to follow exactly the same pattern!

darkeyes909 likes this.
  8. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

They're noticeably faster and firmware is now pretty stable using the new RTD1619BPD which is exclusive to Zidoo for the moment.

Visconti12 and xskip like this.
  9. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

10. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

No, no FEL processing yet unfortunately, but there's simply nothing viable to do it at the moment and unfortunately Dolby seem to be digging their heels in a bit at the moment.

gymnos likes this.
  11. thivame

thivame Active Member

The law of overconsumption

12. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

Music Player 7 seems to be limited to outputting 24 bit audio files to 16 bit ones

ie hit OK button while music playing and output popup appears showing its only at 16 bit instead of its native 24 bit

This is playing to a Denon 3700H which can nativly support 24/192 audio

Any way to fix this?
    Not sure if it was in earlier f/w , Im just starting to play round with SACD isos and 24/192 etc Flacs

13. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Firmware needs some retouches still now but greatly satisfied!!

14. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

i have noticed now on several mkv movies at the end when credits appear it starts getting jerky and freezing, you have to stop and restart anybody else noticed this?

darkeyes909 likes this.
  15. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

Not on mine. Maybe it’s the way the MKV was encoded? Since (and before) mkv’s have been rock solid.

16. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

No my mkv's are fine tried on another player works fine, most people do not watch until the end with cedits so will not see this issue but its there and been for awhile now but worse with this firmware.

17. iCr

iCr New Member

Yes, i have same problem here. When i try to play videos with hi-res embedded audio (96|24 PCM), HT4 plays it at half speed.
    How to fix this?

18. Z49845

Z49845 Member

I have many FLAC files with 24Bit. Is the UHD3000 with this firmware really only sending 16 Bits over HDMI?
    I can not see on my AVR if it is 16 or 24 Bits. Using analog output which is transformed in the AVR to PCM again for Dirac processing seems not so elegant.

19. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

I tend to watch credits right to the end and haven’t had that experience reported by others.

20. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

seems to be on my Z9X
    ie hit the OK button while playing a 24 bit flac and pop up shows 16 bit output

cant for the life of me figure out how i got that pop up showing last night ,lol
    total brain fog this morning
    Also ive switched amp to pure direct ,so cant see anything on there now :p

One thing ive also noticed is MP7 doesnt seem to "open" many of the SACD isos
    almost all play first song only
    Ive installed apps i saw suggested on this forum like Hiby Music app
    That opens them all and plays all tracks perfectly as did others i tried but Hiby app is 16 bit limited

Last edited: Jun 2, 2023