Beta version v6.4.62 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Apr 19, 2023.

1. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Bro dont even include me here... Brighter is not always better, I know this but when the brightness is turned way down for worse, there's an issue. I laugh at people who watch in Vivid mode and will discount them in a heartbeat. I am not part of that group.

2. Oldpainless

Oldpainless Active Member

On the LG OLED's (well, certainly mine), Vivid mode when the set is in PC mode is just as good, if not better, than filmmaker mode. Try it.

A note on PC Mode: In PC mode, the sharpness settings are applied differently: 0 is input reference. 1-10 applies an anti-aliasing filter/algo (so +9 will be very soft compared to 0). 11+ is actual sharpening, if that's your thing.

Last edited: May 27, 2023
  3. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Yup very familiar with sharpness on LG, keep all that stuff to zero / off. Im a bit of a purist and dont muck with picture settings like that and extra brightness is last thing on my mind as well.

Letmein likes this.
  4. Oldpainless

Oldpainless Active Member

Ok....

5. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

UPDATE for anybody still having issues with HT app crashing and drives dismounting etc. - I flashed and downgraded my FW to the previous .60 FW and after two days, no crashes yet and haven't had the need to watch things closely either. Everything just works for now.

gymnos and Deano86 like this.
  6. thivame

thivame Active Member

that's what I did a few days ago, but I find that this firmware lacks reactivity compared to the previous ones.

7. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

Just noticed since this update (altho it’s been awhile since I did one on the Zidoo) I can no longer format a new disc to EXT4. The only options now are FAT32 and NTFS
    No big deal but I much prefer EXT4. From now on I’ll format any new discs on my Linux machine.

8. DIKKE

DIKKE Active Member

question..anyone here using the F1 ( car racing ) app with the Z9x ?

9. salora

salora Member

I had to do that after installing the G version of 6.4.62 which is a nightmare.
    Though i went for the non G 6.4.62 and everything is fine so far

B0RN likes this.
  10. salora

salora Member

I did it on uhd3000, it's working except i have to use the "mouse" toggle to proper navigation in the menu

DIKKE likes this.
  11. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Interesting, ate you saying the G version was screwed up and not the other one.
    When they put the links out in beta threads, are they always G versions or both? Not that im going to try .62 again... it was a crapshoot.

thivame likes this.
  12. salora

salora Member

I updated first from 4.60 to 4.62 with no major issue. As i needed to install apps i installed 4.62 G , even after a hard reset i could not keep ht4 open constantly crashed.
    After flashing and back to non G 4.62 everything is fine

B0RN likes this.
  13. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

I wonder if there has been any work done by the engineers as to why the way the various models react differently to firmware updates?
    With my UHD3000 and Firmware Version v6.4.62_G_202304191454 and HT v4.2.50 I haven't experienced any of the latest problems reported. Maybe there is a clue somewhere in the differences?

14. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Im pretty sure i got the non G version initially and had issues but cant be 100%. Still, since .62 doesnt bring anything special to the z9x... ill stay at a very stable .60 for now as I hated flashing the zidoo... it told me the data was corrupt like 8 times throughout the process but Thankfully everything was fine after a hard reboot.

15. lawdawg

lawdawg Active Member

Any chance we could have the option to disable the "Volume control is acting on AVR via CEC" message? And just to clarify this message is not being displayed by the AVR, I can change the language on the Zidoo and it displays the message in that language.

Having it pop up on EVERY use of volume up/down/mute is rather distracting when watching a movie. I know the volume is being controlled by CEC on the AVR, I had to expressly turn that setting on in the Zidoo. I am getting forgetful in my old age, but I'm not that bad ;)

Attached Files:

theory and thivame like this.
  16. After a few weeks with 62 firmware now my z1000 pro stops playing mkv after max 3 minutes I did a factory reset but it did not help any ideas

17. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Try a hard reboot, otherwise a flash and downgrade is also in your future. I did it over the weekend and went back to much more stable .60 Beta.
    I am probably never upgrading my Z9X again after the last fiasco.

18. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

It's hard to suggest ideas, when your description of "stops playing mkv after 3 minutes" is so vague... how does it stop? back to HT 4 screen? back to Home screen? Locks up Zidoo and forced to power down? Only 4K or all MKV files... etc...

B0RN likes this.
  19. Back to the start screen of the movie

20. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

All movies or just one or two ?
    ie badly created mkvs ,plenty of those go around for d/l

Over lan or usb ?