Beta version v6.4.62 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Apr 19, 2023.

1. lanz

lanz Member

You'll lose Dolby Atmos and maybe others in PCM, so it's not advisable. If you have an old soundbar, why not?

2. thivame

thivame Active Member

So do I,
    The .60 is more stable than the .62, however, I've already had crashes with .
    Back to the HT home screen when I acted too quickly on the remote several times, back to the zidoo home screen when I wanted to watch a second episode of a series while it was doing a scan, and stuck on a black screen when launching a video, I had to turn the zidoo off and on again, and the video launched without a problem...
    I miss the .42 because it's very stable and fast, but some of the improvements on the 0.60 mean I'm sticking with it (even if it does annoy me a bit).

B0RN and vddan like this.
  3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

You lose everything with PCM!

All you get is a stereo downmix from every codec.

darkeyes909 and Netmask like this.
  4. darky_zidoo

darky_zidoo Active Member

Hello,

I was checking movies today on completeness...and noticed some DTS movies had weird sounding speech (garbled). So i checked those movies on my pc and the sound is normal.
    I didnt notice this untill this firmware.

(Ps i did already reset my equipment to rule this out.
    Ps2 it only sounds normal if i switch to lpcm 2 channel. Other settings have no effect
    Ps3
    Format DTS/codecID A_DTS,/Bitrate 1.5mbps/Samplerate 48khz/Bitdepth 16.
    Both movies are AVC in mkv

Last edited: Jun 4, 2023
  5. Markswift2003

Can't think why that would be - the Zidoo simply passes the bitstream from the file to the amp for DTS etc so it can't affect the audio in any way and the amp decodes the bitstream to audio.

6. darky_zidoo

Thank you Mark. I find it curious too. If i jave time..i will try to go back a firmware version.
    And i will check if i see something why my pc plays them normally (bitstreaming thu spdif)

7. Markswift2003

If you want to pm me a link to a test file I can have a look.

darky_zidoo likes this.
  8. darky_zidoo

Thank you. I will make a sample for you when I am home.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  9. Oldpainless

Oldpainless Active Member

Ok, I want to throw my 2 cents in on the lastest f/w - granted, I use ZDMC as my daily driver (i've not scanned in on HT4 or the Audiot player) and I have ZERO problems.

10. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

Ya... there is still something not quite right with HT4 on this latest firmware... even with the updated HT4 apk, I still get intermittent issues of the the movie info screen either crashing back to the Zidoo home screen or just back a level to my landing page of HT4.. Seems to be tied to while the new trailer player (DVD player) is acessing or playing one of my local trailers? I even had it crash back to the Zidoo Home screen with the local trailer file continuing to play the audio. @Markswift2003 have you noticed anything even with the latest HT4 apk?

11. thivame

thivame Active Member

I've noticed a few times that when I watch an episode of a TV series, when I come back to the series information page, the trailer is already playing in the background... strange... it didn't do that before.

12. Markswift2003

Have to be honest and say no, but I haven't been using the Z9X a whole lot recently... ;)

13. Oldpainless

Alpha testing?

14. Markswift2003

Might be...

blenky likes this.
  15. Oldpainless

;)

16. lanz

lanz Member

Damn, if beta testing is already that hard for some people what about being an alpha tester. Will there be a brand-new HT5? Has there already been an announcement with a release date?

Last edited: Jun 4, 2023
    Letmein and vddan like this.
  17. Edworld

Edworld Member

V6.4.60 here

I had a similar issue last night with Baby Driver mkv where Spacey introduces the second team (Jamie Foxx) to Baby and no matter what I did it kept happening. Finally gave up and went to bed.

This morning I was able to finish the movie with no issues on the same scene.

darky_zidoo likes this.
  18. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

Over my years of messing with my home theater (pre and post Zidoo ownership)... anytime that I had noted a strange sound issue with DTS bitstream, it seemed to always be an issue either with my receiver or the audio/HDMI connection that needed to be reseated.

Letmein likes this.
  19. Markswift2003

We're really no further down the line here - I tested @darky_zidoo 's files and they play perfectly here (Z9X, Z9X Pro, Neo Alpha to a Denon 7200)

I also passed them to an owner of a Z1000 Pro and again, played back with no problem.

I can only conclude it's something to do with the receiver but given that it's a Denon, a make I'm extremely familiar with, I can't figure out what could do it there either!

Bit of a mystery..

20. darky_zidoo

I just send Denon support an email. Curious if they reply.
    Thank you for your help.