Beta version v6.4.62 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Apr 19, 2023.

1. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Obviously update to v62, the change log shows a great improvement. And v62 is much more stable.

2. Yohmi

Yohmi Member

Since the latest firmware update introduced very harmful issues, I wouldn't jump right into it, unless it is said to fix a problematic issue you're facing.
    In my case, it might improve performance a bit (but not solving issues that matter to me), but it might also break my NAS connectivity so it's an easy choice. Keep in mind, reverting back to an older firmware isn't an easy thing, and it could even brick your device.

Six66Mike and Edworld like this.
  3. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

I would say the vast majority of users here are on this current v6.4.62 firmware since it was made available in April.
    If there were truly "very harmful issues" evident in this firmware - that I am yet to find with many months of daily use (excluding issues with HT4 that are well known and documented separately), then many more may have complained by now. Multiple NAS connections (Thecus, QNAP, WD Cloud, Seagate Home) via Gigabit SAMBA, as well as internal and USB HDD's have all been rock solid.
    The changelog is on the first page of this thread.

4. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

Have to agree with UHD3000, I can’t report any problems, HT performing flawlessly, updates automatically. When there is a matching problem it generally comes down to a naming issue and easily fixed. Sometimes for rare titles not listed in tvdb or TMDB I use tmm and use imdb as the scraping source only. No stuttering from any of my sources, QNAP or internal drives or attached usb. I would love to know why some people are having so many reported problems. I have kept my system simple inasmuch I only have MKV files and I always remux them before use to strip out all unnecessary tracks like languages and subs I don’t need. The only improvements I would like to see is the ability to refresh the NFO file.

tc2007 likes this.
  5. Six66Mike

Six66Mike Member

And as I pointed out previously when asking how the current FW was going, there's no running bug/defect log either of issues to come from .62, which is a huge gap that should be rectified.

So I'll stick with x.42 until there's a clear picture of the remaining issues in .62 and some sign that developers are going to address them in the near future. Right now, that doesn't exist.

But thanks for making assumptions on behalf of all users.

Stammis Chris likes this.
  6. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

Suit yourself.... but I have no issues with .62 firmware either. HT4 is working great... local trailers playing just fine.. no stuttering or playback issues from 4 separate NAS units... all good. I also do what @Netmask does.. MKV files, strip out the unnecessary language tracks, only keep any forced subtitles. I don't download any garbage files from the internet. VS10 engine for all content fed to my projector looks fantastic. Quite pleased...

skelton and Phil181 like this.
  7. tc2007

tc2007 Active Member

The only problem I currently have with my UHD3000 is PGS subtitles will crash a movie if it is Dolby Vision. I have to download SRT titles if I am lucky enough to find one.

8. DIKKE

DIKKE Active Member

Over here the Z9x, and solved almost all DoVi & HDR with subs issues by using a different filename structure.
    So if you use the -rr ( sonarr and such ) apps, have a look a this https://trash-guides.info/Sonarr/

9. jettthasan

jettthasan New Member

Hi, how do I access the developer settings of Zidoo z9x pro, to add dns.adguard.com

10. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Developer options are accessed as with any Android device - goto the "About" page and click 7 times on the build number.

11. jettthasan

jettthasan New Member

Thank you, I reached there, but I could not find a place in the content where I could add the text dns.adguard.com, such as private dns-. Hidden files are visible and processed in the Android phone with hidden setting 1.6.3, but I think Zidoo is software restricted; there is no Wi-Fi network-private DNS section. When I look with Activity Launcher, wi-fi sections are not allowed.
    My goal is to block ads in some applications I use. Thanks for sharing information

I'm sorry, I'm using zidoo z9x pro. I wrote this when I found it in my search.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2023
  12. Mikewolf

Mikewolf New Member

I've had my zidoo Z10 Pro at home for ages now and I've never done an update because there has never been one. So I have to say that somehow the air is out of here, how long will the beta status remain? Somehow nothing works here at all, very bad service.

13. Netmask

Do you have this version http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/beta-version-v6-4-65-for-z9x-z10-pro-z1000-pro-uhd3000-v6-7-85-for-neo-s-neo-x-neo-alpha-release.97215/

14. Mikewolf

Mikewolf New Member

I'm not pushing a beta version onto the zidoo
    the 42 version is 2 years old that's more than ridiculous

15. Netmask

But every Zidoo update is beta, I can’t remember an update marked final. I’ve installed every USB update for my UHD3000 that’s been issued without issue. I suspect you will be waiting till hell freezes over for an OTA release with all the models they service. BTW every media player I’ve owned the updates were all marked beta. Good luck

Oldpainless, rozel and xskip like this.
  16. Oldpainless

Oldpainless Active Member

@Netmask - all these new members........just sayin....

17. KBJ

KBJ New Member

That link appears to be invalid.

18. GLN2

GLN2 New Member

If you copy the entire string it is a valid webpage.

KBJ likes this.
  19. KBJ

KBJ New Member

I thought I had done that, but I just tried again, and it worked; thanks.