Beta version v6.4.06 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000/NEO S/NEO X release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, May 21, 2022.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Music Player. Depends if you play music on the Zidoo... ;)

2. Markswift2003

Jinx!

dr4go and DELUCAS like this.
  3. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Lol - I thought it was a new audio or video standard that I was unaware of!

And no I don't use my Zidoo for music.

dr4go and DELUCAS like this.
  4. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Ha ha

yes it does sound like that and i keep thinking ooohh something new being released but ……….

5. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

6. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Now thats the release im anxiously waiting on . ;)

7. serg fedorov

serg fedorov Active Member

If the new MP7 will play music as well as the UAPP, then credit and praise to the developers of the zidoo software.

8. mirak

mirak Member

Music Player version 7 App and you should care about it because MP6 is not what such device deserve.

serg fedorov likes this.
  9. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I doubt it will, but agreed

serg fedorov likes this.
  10. Markswift2003

It works really well.

Album Artist, Artist and Compilation tags are now honoured. Navigation is Artist/Album/Track as it should be, and multichannel DSD (DSF and ISO) can be output in multichannel PCM.

The front end is the same but with different logic and the backend has been rejigged.

Still needs a bit of spit and polish, but a firm foundation has been laid.

The app needs updating to mirror the logic changes - hopefully that won't be long..

Last edited: Jul 7, 2022
    fsim2000, Bill-Z9X, vddan and 5 others like this.
  11. serg fedorov

I wanted to say that MP6 has a significant drawback, namely, it works well with medium frequencies, but high and low (bass) are not enough. This can be a plus for broadband acoustics, but if the acoustics are two or three-way, and if there is also a super tweeter, then this is already a minus. It will be well audible that there is not enough brilliance of high frequencies and deep bass of low frequencies. Horn acoustics also reveals these shortcomings.
    The UAPP does not have such shortcomings and works well over the entire frequency range.
    Tested on 3-band vintage JBL and 2-band Altek horn.

rozel likes this.
  12. dwalme

dwalme New Member

Is music audio not bitperfect coming out of the Z9X?

13. Markswift2003

Depends what processing is involved - obviously DSD needs some fiddling with to output in PCM and of course you have the DAC performance if you decide go that way, but as far as apps go, then no, with like for like input and like for like output, there should be no difference.

It's way more complicated than good old video ;)

14. dwalme

dwalme New Member

I am referring to digital output. Say 2 channel FLAC 16-bit 44.1khz output over HDMI as PCM. Is that not bitperfect?

15. Markswift2003

Yes, absolutely.

dwalme likes this.
  16. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Last edited: Jul 8, 2022
    dwalme likes this.
  17. Nice Monkey

That is a bit difficult to understand with digital RAW output via HDMI, Internal DAC on HiFi models or using an External DAC. For me UAPP and MP6/7 sound exactly the same using the same DAC/Analog AMP plus speaker chain. Using the analog out on Z9X that may be the case?

I have a good feeling about MP7 with the new scanning engine. Is doing roughly 1000 Tracks per minute which finally allows for bigger libraries.

18. serg fedorov

I'm using an external USB DAC. An analog cable goes from an external DAC to an amplifier (sometimes to a receiver).
    If you use alternately MP6, and then UAPP, then this difference is very audible.
    Besides me, they tried to compare on different DACs, and they all came to the same conclusion - the mids dominate in mp6, and the brilliance and deep bass are not enough.

19. Nice Monkey

@serg fedorov
    I can explain this only if the External DAC doesn't do correct buffering and clock stabilization running synchronized on USB source clocking.

The data coming out of a media player in bitperfect or similar modes is identical and the only variable is clocking which is extremely critical for sure.
    This is why they invented femto crystals and XMOS buffering for above all unstable USB input interfaces.

Please repeat the test using a UHD3000 or even a lot better a Neo X or Neo Alpha.
    But a good USB External DAC using similar components should do the job too.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2022
  20. muslhead

muslhead Member

would be really interesting if the new mp7 would actually play a universal playlist that every quality audio player can play such as m3u, pls or even xml?
    IF not, are the only playlist that work with the neo's are internal generated (dont know format type since the function is unusable in its current state)
    Seems like this is a basic requirement of even a subpar player, let alone one that is targeted for the audiophile market.