Beta version v6.4.06 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000/NEO S/NEO X release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, May 21, 2022.

1. serg fedorov

serg fedorov Active Member

I talked about this at the very beginning. About vs10 in particular. Also rolled back to the 90th firmware.
    But now there is 6.4.18, everything is OK there. At least I really like it. Fixed a few issues and added a nice new music. player.

2. GoldenRetroGames

GoldenRetroGames New Member

I'll give 6.4.18 a try this weekend. Is the new music player just cosmetic or have they improved the audio quality? Playing music on the Z9X has been pretty disappointing, as it lacks the 'punch' from an other device I have. It's so noticeable that my wife even commented about it. She's the last person who normally notice anything related to sound quality.

3. serg fedorov

serg fedorov Active Member

I also mentioned sound quality. In mp6, in my opinion, there were not enough upper and lower frequencies. Mids were ok.
    MP7, it seems to me, have been corrected. There is a brilliant and deep bass.

rozel likes this.
  4. bkwashby

bkwashby New Member

What is it with the Z1000 Pro and the CEC not shutting off even when it's turned off in the settings? I even have a Lindy CEC blocker on both ends of the HDMI cable coming off the box and my TV is still detecting the CEC. Can anyone help or can this be fixed in the next update?

5. Taler

Taler New Member

100 percent agreement,

this absolutely desirable and important feature should actually already be implemented by default.
    I often had to re-read and rebuild my entire library to get some updated episode information of a series.
    So please, please dear Zidoo team such a feature should definitely be implemented in an update.

Thanks a lot for your great work

Greetings Thaler

6. Kenshin

Kenshin Member

I’ve been asking to zidoo support for months but there’s nothing !

darkeyes909 and Taler like this.
  7. Nathan W

Nathan W Member

Anyone having CEC issues after this update? Volume down over CEC no longer works, volume up does though. Any ideas? (coming from 6.3.92)

8. GARY CAMPBELL

GARY CAMPBELL New Member

Uploaded the 6.4.18 on my z1000 pro i love it so much i changed the HDR setting to DV for all HDR and SDR its a lot brighter than HDR on my TV Samsung QLED only trailers don't work.

9. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Yes that's what I do, even for HDR10+ titles - recommended by @Markswift2003 . Just a phaff changing the settings each time, not that this pops up often

10. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Which settings do you change each time? You shouldn’t have to change anything.

11. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Sorry @Markswift2003 for not being clearer - I'm refering to settings in my Vertez2, on memory I leave the settings as they are on the Zidoo

12. Markswift2003

But you shouldn't have to change anything on the Vertex either...

13. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Thank you Mark - hope you are still enjoying Italy :)

It's a while since I played a HDR10+ release but I have my Zidoo outputting everything as LLDV. Are you suggesting then, with the existing EDID you sent me (see attached) that I can leave things as they are?

The Vertex2 is currently set with 1. "Use custom HDR for TX0 and TX1 when input is LLDV" in HDR/AVI and 2. in EDID, "CUSTOM" is selected. I thought for HDR10+ playback I needed to unselect 1. and change 2. to "AUTOMIX" - do I not need to do this?

Attached Files:

14. Markswift2003

I would leave it exactly as is for all content - that way everything gets converted to LLDV.

If you want to output HDR10+ then yes, one way is to set EDID to Automix but because the 1619 does not currently process the HDR10+ metadata (this is a Realtek issue NOT a Zidoo issue), if you do that you only effectively get HDR10 anyway, so better to convert to LLDV along with everything else in my opinion.

Visconti12 likes this.
  15. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Thank you
    Thank you - I think you told me that before, come to think.

16. Boris 1956

Boris 1956 Member

I have on Zidoo 1000 pro this version v6.0.45_G beta, I would like to upgrade to V6.4.06 or later, but it won't work for me through the normal upgrade, do I have to use a stick or maybe connect the zidoo wired, thanks for the help

17. puremind

puremind New Member

Use a stick and install the latest