Beta version v6.4.06 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000/NEO S/NEO X release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, May 21, 2022.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Can you send a copy of the EDID (connected Zidoo > Anthem > JVC)

To Download EDID
    ================
    Settings/Display/Custom EDID/Save EDID
    Change the file extension from .bin to .txt to post on forum

2. Vincenzo Boemi

Vincenzo Boemi New Member

Sure,
    when I'm back home...
    Tia Mark, your support is invaluable :)

Vincenzo

3. Markswift2003

No problem :)

4. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

In watch history, that would be nice to display the full information for a TV Show at the bottom of the poster:

« Season 2 Episode 2 » instead of « …son 2 Episode 2 ».

There is enough room on the thumbnail of the poster to display the full word « Season ».

Last edited: Jul 14, 2022
  5. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

This is more a feature than a bug but we would really need a new option coming in PoP Menu to "Refresh Informations" of the scrape in the database, especially for the TV shows, but not only.

When you scrape a TV show where some informations are missing or are not translated yet in your language (TMDb and TVDb), you are sticked with that situation and you can't refresh the informations (or the background images of the episodes), even if they have been added later.

With this situation, you can have a part of a season translated in a foreign language and the rest in english, just because the translations were not there when you scraped the Show the first time. And even if the translations have been added since then, you can't do anything to refresh the database of HT. Same problem if there are some spelling mistakes in the title or the plot of the episode/movie that have been corrected.

I think that this option could be extremely useful for all users, especially for people using other languages than english, because the translations are added on TMDb or TVDb some time later than english. And in the case of TMDb, we could refresh the background images of the episodes to get them in HD when uploaded later than the low res backgrounds coming from the tvdb bot.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2022
    Taler, Etienne, darkeyes909 and 2 others like this.
  6. Vincenzo Boemi

Vincenzo Boemi New Member

Hi Mark,
    here the edid from JVC RS2100 (NZ7) trough Anthem AVM 70.
    Tonight I saw 'Life' in HDR with no prob.
    TIA,

Vincenzo

Attached Files:

7. Markswift2003

Ok - so nothing odd in the EDID. Until your last message I was expecting the HDR section to be missing - this can occasionally happen because the EDID is a combination of the JVC and the Anthem which is created automatically by the Anthem and very rarely, it can be truncated because the EDID is restricted to 256 bytes.

What's odd about your problem is that you said that HDR is in Auto, the output is SDR and occasionally the output would be VS10. You also said the gamma and colour looks correct.

So in that case, if the content is HDR and if the Zidoo is playing colour and gamma correctly in SDR that means the Zidoo believes that the display cannot use HDR and is converting to SDR. Therefore the EDID couldn't have the HDR block.

If that wasn't the case and it was just the JVC using SDR to playback HDR content, the colour and gamma would be very wrong - lacking colour, very grey & very flat.

However, the EDID does contain the HDR block, the SDR playback looked correct so the only conclusion is that the content is SDR.

Another possibility is that the way the disc is ripped is the problem however in that case, if the BDMV structure was the problem, the gamma and colour would be wrong as described above.

8. Romil

Romil New Member

9. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

Download: Check the online update, should enable "Receive the beta version" option.

10. Romil

Romil New Member

Thank you!

11. Delfanboy

Delfanboy New Member

Hey,

Using this latest FW version I have a hard time with volume control through CEC. Turning on "Media player controls TV volume" doesn't work for me. It just shows a notification of "Volume control is acting on TV via CEC". The same goes when I turn on "Media player controls AVR volume". CEC is on on the TV and AVR. The box goes through the AVR into the TV. What might be the problem here? The AVR is AVR S750H and the TV is a C1.

Cheers,

12. Romil

Romil New Member

I have the same setup pass through with a Sony x90J and x1700H. I have no issues. May be it is in the config(HDMI) of the AVR or TV.

13. Delfanboy

Delfanboy New Member

I mean, I don't know. CEC is turned on on both the the TV and the AVR. All the CEC functions are working properly on my AVR, Xbox and TV. I remember it did work for me previously, but turned CEC off completely on the box as I had other issues with it, like the box turned the TV on all the time.

14. UTAVATU

UTAVATU Active Member

Dear Friends

@Markswift2003 @mirror I would like to ask, if there will be any official FW for Z9X? I saw 6.4.18 custom only...

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Sincerely

15. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Of Course just gotta wait a little ……..

and it be for all media boxes eventually.

16. Markswift2003

Yes of course.

17. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

2 months and no updates for Z9x and others? C0me on guys

18. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

Have you looked at the V6.4.18 thread?
    I've installed and it is working fine on my Z1000 Pro, so far (I am yet to play with Music Player 7).

Bill-Z9X and thenextvision like this.
  19. serg fedorov

serg fedorov Active Member

Yes, the 18th firmware is good. But the trailers don't work. Personally, I had a problem with audio stuttering on the MP7. Namely, when the screen saver is on, the sound in the music player starts to stutter. When you turn off the screen saver, everything is OK.
    Enable usb debugging in developer mode. The stuttering of the sound disappeared, but the mp7 started to fly out, about the second song.

20. GoldenRetroGames

GoldenRetroGames New Member

Dolby Vision doesn't work properly for me on this version. I have a Sony 65X930E and DV content displays too dim and washed out. Reverting to 6.3.92 fixed the problem. Hopefully this can be fixed before 6.4 goes to wide release.