Beta version v6.4.06 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000/NEO S/NEO X release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, May 21, 2022.

1. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

A bit troublesome but it preserves your scanned data what's the target!! ;)

2. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Yes, Zidoo team went into extend of building synchronize tool in case you move the drive but they won’t support active movie database while the drive is disconnected :(

3. serg fedorov

serg fedorov Active Member

No, returning to the desktop (crashes) is not due to the number of pictures, players, or other things. This is a problem with installing a new firmware. Somehow the updates are not installed correctly, so in the future we have crashes to the desktop.
    I spent a lot of time to understand this. Previously, I deleted, as it seemed to me, interfering applications and photos. But this does not completely solve the problem.
    If there are any crashes, then only reinstalling the firmware will help. Install the firmware until the complete disappearance of any sorties. Otherwise, when the firmware is installed "crooked", there will be crashes to the desktop.
    I had HT4 and Uapp crashes. Now, after several reinstallations and a return to 3.90. there are no flights.

gymnos likes this.
  4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

It's not even slightly troublesome - took me seconds to do that test - it works exactly as required.

Ovidiu Ogrean likes this.
  5. gymnos

gymnos Member

Problems with screensaver...

This is critical for OLED panels, I hope it will be fixed with the new beta firmware.

6. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

OLED TV's should have their own (much smarter) screensaver which also should work with images received via HDMI.

OLED led aging and peak output are the spearpoints for development at the moment as they told me during ISE2022 in Barcelona.

7. maglione

maglione Member

Thanks, put the original pictures screen saver (ZDaydream), 4 o 5 pictures, and no more crash and work ok.

AngryVirginian likes this.
  8. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

When screensaver kicks in subtitles of the movie are still visible......I think that bug was there before I do not exactly know from which version on.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2022
    Jordan Walker likes this.
  9. Raphael71

Raphael71 New Member

Anyone else having the issue that posters always are reloading very slow?
    I did setup like suggested with custom folder on the zidoo and also to prefer local poster artwork.
    Still it always takes ages to load the poster images when scrolling.

Anyone have an idea what to do?

I have over 1000 MKV's, maybe this is the reason?

vddan likes this.
  10. Yohmi

Yohmi Member

I confirm having this behaviour too.

Thank you Markswift2003 for your tutorial !
    It doesn't look complicated at all indeed but it's not where I was expecting it to be.

11. maglione

maglione Member

Idem.

12. Yoram Ariel

Yoram Ariel New Member

Reported this a couple of weeks ago, did not get a response yet.

"Thank you for the new version (Z10 Pro - Z10-Pro_P_v6.4.06_G_202205211612_ota-package).
    After updating and then re scanning my music collection in Music Player, I can't scroll and view album thumbnails in the browser when browsing albums, I only see placeholders. Most if not all of the album covers will eventually appear if I stop scrolling and wait, sometimes up to a minute or more until all the placeholders are populated. So it looks like the scanning was improved (as I expected from the update), but the presentation is now broken and useless (at least for my needs).
    Music collection is residing on a local powered USB 3.1 drive. mostly high res FLACs, WAVs and DSFs. On the disk the tracks are in album folders divided into A to Z folders on the top level sorted by artist (artist name first in folder name). Folder.jpg is typically present in each album folder and also most FLACS contain embedded album art. 2731 albums, 32581 tracks, 1730 artists.
    Scanning method is using local data and filtering out only the filetypes I need, I tried various other scan and display methods, same results.
    Help appreciated."

Raphael71 likes this.
  13. Bartimaus

Bartimaus New Member

Hi,

yesterday I had a problem with the player.
    Display is set as follows: 3840*2160@23,976
    FrameRateSwitch: only Framerate

Then I wanted to watch a film that was originally on the BluRay (MKV) at 25fps. The picture stuttered, the beamer showed me 24fps as the input frame rate. The player showed 25fps.

The problem only disappeared after I set the frame rate to 3840*2160@25fps in the settings.

Is this a known problem?

14. Armin Moesslacher

I let the Zidoo choose it not my TV.........or the Beamer (they follow the Zidoo auto setting then which he derives from the source material).

15. Bartimaus

Bartimaus New Member

So do I.
    I meant DisplaySettings@Zidoo, as it's mentioned here:

16. Armin Moesslacher

cant you put the display mode on the Zidoo to auto (so no fixed res and frame rate) ? this may help

17. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

This will probably be the framerate being specified incorrectly in the MKV file - open in MediaInfo and look at "Frame Rate" vs "Original Frame Rate" and also look in the header for "Default Duration" which for 25fps should be 40000000ns (nanoseconds).

18. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

My TV screen saver won't kick in when using a device attached via HDMI. I have installed the Fotoo app which works when at the Zidoo GUI. If I pause a video Daydream kicks in with movie art I copied onto the Zidoo folder.

gymnos likes this.
  19. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Another method would be to use the server name instead of the IP address. So instead of something like

smb://192.168.0.121/Films

use

smb://my_nas_name/Films

Then if IP changes all we be good.

Bill-Z9X and gymnos like this.
  20. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

something that cannot be done with NFS as far as I am aware. Static DHCP cures that in router table though.