Beta version v6.4.06 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000/NEO S/NEO X release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, May 21, 2022.

1. beteryip

beteryip New Member

When can we support 18T capacity usb disk? exfat format.

2. danbez

danbez New Member

Very odd. Yes, I did a full power down but the results were the same. Also, since I am using one of the pre-defined EDID (#1 - LLDV, the one you created), I don't have the option to export it.

3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

exFAT is never to be used for HDD's. It is meant for flash type devices like SDHX cards and is not designed robust for HDD's.

Have my doubts going above 17,6 TByte with NTFS (Android 32-bit OS limit) and no idea about EXT4 as I don't know how that one works in details. With 4K sectors this capacity results above a 32-bit sector counter limit. Under W10 (64-bit only) it works just fine using NTFS.

@mirror
    The new Neo Alpha is advertised with support up to 18 TByte by the way so Zidoo should say under which conditions exactly.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2022
    nc88keyz likes this.
  4. serg fedorov

serg fedorov Active Member

UHD Blu-ray and UHD remux have problems with turning on the vs10 engine or with Afr. Sometimes they start right away, and sometimes from the third or fifth time the engine starts to work correctly vs10 and 23 Hz. From the first or second time, the engine turns on, but at 60 Hz, or it turns on at 23 Hz, but without vs10.
    There are no such problems with MKV and MP4. Everything works perfectly.

darkeyes909 and gymnos like this.
  5. Yohmi

Yohmi Member

You meant you're experiencing issues with UHD DV m2ts files ?
    No issues on my side with UHD DV mkv remux (vs10 engine).

6. serg fedorov

serg fedorov Active Member

Yes, it is with m2ts (in folders).
    As already said, there are no problems with the MKV.

7. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I have noticed that scraping TV shows using TVDB brings back incorrect genre tags.

For example Barry has genres of 'War, Western' - it should be 'Comedy, Crime'

Likewise The Man Who Fell to Earth has genres of 'Action, Romance'. It should be 'Drama , Science Fiction'.

ALL TV shows scraped have incorrect genres.

Correct genres if use TMDB or TVMaze.

Can the Zidoo team look into this?

Visconti12 likes this.
  8. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

They call it "Category" but suggested to use "Genre" instead, together with a correct categorization as mentioned by @blenky

9. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

Yep, I also reported that: http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...or-posterwall-ht-4-0.89876/page-3#post-167761

blenky likes this.
  10. Is there, or will there, be anything done about trakt and multi episode files?
    Or, better yet, will Zidoo eventually better handle multi episode files?

Nicholas Hewitt and vddan like this.
  11. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

I am using digital signage mode as a preroll folder for movies, and as a trailers channel. I have a python script running and updating trailers every 4 hours on my NAS, but the digital signage mode does not do the expected behavior:

It should certainly refresh the contents of the target directory for the playlist, ( ie files added should be updated upon each reboot and triggered action.

Also , it would be super if random could be an option that sticks in Digital Signage mode. As it is now, I am getting about 2-4 new trailers each day. These all come from apple in 1080p, again from an automated python script that runs every 4 hours.

Some real scripting ability would be great to see in the future.

Digital Signage has great possibilities.

Similar to CinemaVision , formerly Home Theater Experience, it could be used to trigger scripts for 3D, vision, 4k movies. etc. with prerolls, audio bumpers, intermissions, trivia etc.

Wishful Thinking or something Zidoo Software Devs could have some fun with?

12. 56k

56k Member

just make 2 partition should work 12T and 6T ?

13. Nice Monkey

Warning: Most media players don't like more than one partition. Did not retry for many years on Zidoo admitted!

I don't think it helps for the sector counter as that uses absolute disk references as far as I am aware.

Repeat using exFAT is a bad idea anyway. Not suitable for HDD's just meant for solid state memory like SDXC cards, Sticks and SSD.

darkeyes909 likes this.
  14. andy22

andy22 Active Member

Correct me if i'm wrong, but here is my understanding of ExFat and partition/file sizes.

ExFat has literally no "real" flash memory features like JFFS, JFFS2, YAFFS or F2FS. Exfat is basically just FAT32 with file size and table data stored in 64bit instead of 32bit and some tiny optimizations.
    So Exfat is as "suitable" as any FAT based filesystem for HDD's, since they all share the same basic way of operation. There is nothing wrong with using ExFat for HDD's, if you cant use anything better/modern.
    So actually you don't want to use exFat on a SSD, since exFat has no logic to optimize wear-leveling, so you entirely depend on the SSD's controller logic. Its mainly used on flash-cards, since those have much simpler layout and are more robust in general, while exFat is still a simple and lightweight filesystem.

The actual partition size has nothing directly to-do with 32 vs 64bit OS or the filesystem. Its just that the "ancient" MBR partition scheme has 32bit entries, while the now 22 year "old" GPT partition scheme has realistically no limit. So why would you want to use MBR over GPT, since gpt is supported on any OS?

Last edited: Jun 19, 2022
  15. Ozzyoz

Ozzyoz Member

Markswith2003 ..... it would be nice to have separate brightness and contrast adjustment, for both SDR and HDR .
    What do you think ?

darkeyes909 likes this.
  16. Nice Monkey

Sorry but:
    - exFAT is indeed a lightweight filesystem similar to EXT2 for Unix. It misses robustness for HDD's dealing with double FAT's, bad sectors, journalizing etc. Yes it will work for sure till an error happens.
    - Don't confuse sector references (HW operation) with GPT and MBR which work for that aspect 100% identical. You still need to tell the drive where the actual sector is by a fixed reference regardless the FAT (EXT4, exFAT, NTFS) and Partioning (GPT, MBR) used. With USB that is done by the specific USB/ATA bridge and hence no problem (with recent bridge versions).
    - Don't think a Zidoo (=Android OS) will deal smart with SSD for performance and wear-leveling in any way. It is just made to work as far as I know. Being media players the number of writes are typically so low that will hardly be a problem and neither is performance.

I like all my HDD's plug & play between USB Dockings and SATA connections Internal or External using any OS.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2022
    darkeyes909 likes this.
  17. beteryip

beteryip New Member

I spent a lot of effort to move the 18T file out and reformat it to NTFS. Unfortunately, the Z1000P still doesn't recognize it, and it can't be connected to the built-in HDD slot (essentially, it is still a usb connection). USB3.0 is also unsuccessful, but the 10T hard disk is recognized normally.

18. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

For large files and speed you need to format your HDD in NTFS. No doubt. You only need to format pen drives in Fat32 or ExFat to plug it into your TV.

darkeyes909 likes this.
  19. Nice Monkey

Just try a 17.5 TByte format.

20. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

My internals are EXT4 both 10TB at the moment. Formatted in the Zidoo UHD3000. So far no problems. When there is a special price I'll try a larger hdd