Beta version 6.0.60 for Z9X

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Nov 6, 2020.

1. JS_racer

JS_racer Member

this vs10 vs lldv has me confused,
    is lldv better if it is available ?? and if it is available, does the vs10 for hdr use the lldv also ??
    (black level, or other things, blocking)

2. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Most LG OLED users find LLDV to be darker than Native Dolby Vision (TV processing).

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Not sure but it does seem that if the Dolby Block specifies Standard + Low Latency, Low Latency is taken in preference - I believe Dolby are trying to move more to LLDV - I guess the first move is the prevalence of MEL titles all of a sudden.

4. Markswift2003

Since both are single layer (BL + RPU), technically both are very similar - the big difference is that LLDV doesn't have the HDR10 base layer compatibility of Standard DV - it's not HDR10 and is in a proprietary colour space (unless you spoof the EDID).

Personally I'd chose LLDV with VS10, but at the end of the day it's personal choice again.

5. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Sadly they have not fixed the bug where full bluray movies (HD or UHD) playback at the GUI resolution (but correct frame rate). This is the second firmware since this bug was identified but still broken.

Likewise when you change HDR setting HDMI Mode still defaults back to Auto. This again has been unfixed through a couple of firmwares.

6. destroyer2usa

destroyer2usa New Member

I had set VS10 for SDR option.

When playing back remux 4K bluray hdr10 got converted to BT709. Switching to Auto fixed it and output was HDR10.

7. Markswift2003

Both of these are on my bug report - I have a feeling the HDR resolution switching thing is down to the SOC, but the BluRay playback needs fixing - so is this a new issue from the last two releases or has it always been that way?

8. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I think the full BD resolution bug was introduced in v6.0.35. Fine before that. It's annoying as I need to set GUI to match BD before play! Playing direct bypassing bluray menu in OK.

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/zidoo-z9x.80006/page-28#post-132114

9. JS_racer

JS_racer Member

is a recovery image needed then back to 6.0.35 like it was for 6.0.45 to go back to 35 ??

10. towalski

towalski New Member

This is still beta? It's worth to update from .35?

11. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

it depends on what you expected. For me, the V6.0.60 is a placebo update, I had no improvements, and in the case of an IP TV app, even deterioration in playback.
    I'm waiting for the next one, or the one after that ...

12. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

I also want to go back to 6.0.35.
    I'm a bit confused as to how to downgrade now. Did you just do the USB-"update" with the 6.0.35_ota_package.zip?

13. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Okay, that's what I thought. You have to do the "good old" emergency flash first.

14. JS_racer

JS_racer Member

Thats what i thought, good to know. To downgrade, recovery, then flash desired version...

15. DaMacFunkin

I have to say I have a CEC bug with this firmware, if i power down the Zidoo my AVR (Denon) doesn't switch inputs or Turn On / Off with the TV - LG C9.

As soon as I pull the power plug on the Zidoo the entire thing starts to work again.

I have toggled the CEC switch on and off on Z9X but it has no effect.

16. Choubs

Choubs New Member

I have exactly the same problem as you @DaMacFunkin on a Zidoo Z1000 Pro (v6.0.46_G), at the moment I have disabled the CEC until the problem is solved.

17. DaMacFunkin

It's definitely the Zidoo, just dusted of my trusted Lindy CEC filter adaptor and all is fine.

Zidoo please fix CEC, it was flaky on 045, it's now painful, thank you.

18. DaMacFunkin

19. DaMacFunkin

Err, I'm on 060 and it is not fixed, it's frigging painful.

It's even worse, can you not see I have had to place a filter on it?

20. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

Zidoo quick CEC settings and Realtek developer CEC settings look like not synchronized settings and apply in strange order.
    Zidoo CEC settings
    [​IMG]
    Realtek developer CEC settings
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 12, 2020