ZIDOO Z9X

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Aug 4, 2020.

1. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

20200904_120950.jpg 20200904_121220.jpg
    Did a factory reset - still same issues. ANyone else seeing these issues? MKVs OK - just full BD's.

Edit: attached screen shots of the info screen when playing MKV and full BD.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
  2. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

Thank you Mark.
    Is there a way I can see that there's a HDR10+ output?

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Good catch - wasn't aware of that one - that will certainly be in the next bug report!

4. Markswift2003

I can see it reported by the Vertex OSD but the Zidoo only reports HDR10.

Another one to report ;)

5. Markswift2003

I'll rip an HD BD and try it - is this with BluRay folders or an ISO?

6. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

Great, hope they can fix this one.

7. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Both. Resolution is correct playing movie direct.

There is also some weird issues with some full BD titles (Cloud Atlas (HD) and Alien (UHD)) where after displaying the info the screen flips back to HT4 but movie continues to play in background - as the audio continues. Only happens on some titles - but issue is consistent.

8. Markswift2003

Confirmed that both FHD BluRay and UHD BluRay, folder structure and ISO play back at the GUI resolution and not the content resolution. (Frame-rate follows content correctly)

On the next bug report...

9. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Thanks. Wonder if this and crashes I have seen are related to the addition of the info function added to full BD playback

10. Markswift2003

Is this resolution thing a recent change - did full BDs play at the correct resolution in previous firmwares?

11. Markswift2003

Just a quick update on the IPv6 freezing issue for those interested.

The Zidoo devs have fixed it - the network burst coincident with the freeze has gone and the coincident UDP calls now only occur at boot and at no other time.

I'm sure this fix will be rolled into the next public firmware.

Well done Zidoo! Nicely done.

Derek Watson, JS_racer and Rob W like this.
  12. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Yes. Resolution was always correct and no crashes until I installed latest firmware yesterday.

13. Peter Cheung

Peter Cheung Member

My case settings as screen shots.
    Tested UHD Ant Man 2 ISO & FHD Apocalypto ISO.
    Resolution correct except FHD.
    FHD Bluray Navigation with upper resolution 3840 x 2160 instead of 1920 x 1080 (the last screen shot) but FHD ▶️ quick play is correct.

Attached Files:

14. Markswift2003

UHD is only correct because you have the gui resolution is 4K - if you set the gui to 2K, you'll find UHD BD plays at 2K too.

Bug report is already with the engineers.

15. Peter Cheung

Peter Cheung Member

My meaning is there are also mistakes, when I play FHD BDISO by using the function Bluray Navigation [ (BD) button ] the resolution should be 1920 x 1080 but it wrongly presented as 3840 x 2160, reflected by the position I highlighted in red on my last screenshot.

16. Markswift2003

Just wanted to be clear - you said

"Tested UHD Ant Man 2 ISO & FHD Apocalypto ISO.
    Resolution correct except FHD"

Which implies that UHD is correct but as previously posted, the same behaviour is present in UHD BD ISO and folders if you test at 1080p23.

17. Peter Cheung

Peter Cheung Member

I do not have that intention, I want those mistakes be reflected by also another scenario.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  18. kenneth2281

kenneth2281 New Member

hello when i search for Netflix on the playstore it dosent show how can that be
    and the youtube wont play in 4k

19. Rob W

Rob W Active Member

The Netflix and YouTube apps should show in the apps tray on home screen as place holders they are modded versions to support 4k and are downloaded directly. You don't get them from play store.

20. kenneth2281

kenneth2281 New Member

i have the zidoo z1000 pro and those to apps are not install is there some place i can download them