Beta version 6.0.60 for Z9X

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Nov 6, 2020.

1. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Nothing changes on my LG CX with DV MKV's. Constant resync and then choppy playback.

First impressions on new HDR settings

Playing 4k SDR:

Tried DV VS10 for SDR. Getting occasional screen flash and resync. Not as bad a before but still annoying.

DV10 seems to be fine. I didn't see any resyncs or flashes

DV LL - saw one resync

All look fantastic though!

2. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

As been repeated for years one model gets the firmware first just in case it has to be pulled or .......
    And i think my life will carry on as per usual waiting 1 WEEK for the Z10 Pro firmware to arrive on my laptop .

i have more important things going on than pulling my hair out over waiting a week for a firmware release .

skelton and Markswift2003 like this.
  3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

I think the motherboards are 100% identical from what I have seen except unused connectors not being mounted. The front display is different and so is the additional fan.

They still have to make individual builds for the 3 models. So they prefer to get the standard model out and make quick fixes for things that slipped through (their internal Chinese tests) and then release that update for all models at the same time.

4. JS_racer

JS_racer Member

is lldv and dv for hdr going to give the same results for hdr content ?? and is the dv for hdr the preferred method for hdr content if the set displays dolby vision ??
    updated a few minutes ago.
    using marks recommended settings on my sony 950h

DennisTheMenace likes this.
  5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Essentially, yes - the difference being that SDR will pass through.

JS_racer likes this.
  6. Rob W

Rob W Active Member

Experience with LG C6 is still pretty bad for dolby vision content and VS10 modes. The new VS10 modes don't seem very useful we need a 4k 24p VS10 mode for legacy dolby vision or a disable standard dolby Vision mode for VS10.

Auto HDR mode isn't switching properly to VS10 on this display which supports standard Dolby Vision and HDR. 4k 24p dolby vision content starts playback without video just shows android desktop with audio playing. Forcing VS10 mode or the new VS10 HDR mode enables dolby Vision 1080p 60 and some dolby vision content plays but it's 1080p and 60hz. It won't allow forcing 4k 24p dolby vision, it won't allow 1080p 24p dolby vision. It won't convert dolby vision to 4k HDR 24p. If VS10 is set it won't playback 4k HDR movies at 4K 24p it instead forces everything as 1080p 60hz dolby vision.

It would actually be much better if your not going to get 4k 24p dolby vision working on this display to just ignore the standard dolby vision capabilities completely so that everything can be output as 4k 24P HDR10 using the VS10 engine instead of the inferior 1080p 60hz dolby vision.

7. xskip

xskip Active Member

after upgrade, problem with Poster Wall.
    All my custom covers (BluRay covers) replaced with movie posters. All of them.
    ALL. :)

and i have "use local images first" set to ON.

this is hours and hours changing back one by one.

new rescan-still the same.
    from backup-still the same.

eh.

8. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

OK I must admit after installing the latest beta I'm struggling to fully understand which of the seven HDR modes to use!

I have a DV display so pondering what are the best HDR settings for the following content

HD SDR
    UHD SDR
    UHD HDR10
    UHD DV

9. Markswift2003

Oh crap - I know what that feels like!

I've been trying to convince Zidoo to allow backing up of posters and fanart along with the SQL database for a while now - unfortunately the database only includes URLs to images that may or may not still be valid when you come to restore. (in my experience the TMDB links disappear or change very quickly so backups quickly become unviable)

The closest I can get to a failsafe solution is to export nfo and posters once you're happy with them so at least, if all else fails, you can do a full rescan with local images and data and you end up with the same posters. This has only become a viable solution in the last two firmwares as they just added trailer info to the nfos.

Trouble is, then all the "added dates" are screwed which can only be fixed with a little bit of fiddling in the SQL tables.

When it works, the database is fine but it's very very easy to tip it over.

xskip likes this.
  10. Markswift2003

Auto ;)

xskip likes this.
  11. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Very underwhelmed by this update.

Would love the option to force TV Led processing for Dolby Vision in Auto or VS1o HDR Mode.

Also no improvement on Dolby Vision profile support.

Bill-Z9X likes this.
  12. destroyer2usa

destroyer2usa New Member

Works great for me paired with Sony AF9 oled. I didn't have resync problems before and after update.

I like the new HDR options, i enabled VS10 for SDR and also the new dimming option for PGS subtitles with HDR bluray remuxes works great.

All in all a great player keeps on getting better and better.

I haven't tested yet if enabling LLDV with HDR10 content still results in a dimmer picture with less pop compared to Auto setting. Will test that tomorrow.

13. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

Anyone has checked if this issue as noted by @Markswift2003 has been fixed?

[​IMG]

14. xskip

xskip Active Member

Here you go, my test. LG CX, HDR Auto:

Attached Files:

15. Markswift2003

Yes and no ;)

With the addition of the new VS10 modes to v6.0.50 and above, it must be noted that the above "VS10 HDR" and "VS10 SDR" relate to VS10 modes where the EDID dictates HDR only or SDR only rather than VS10 converting SDR or HDR to DV.

ammar11 likes this.
  16. jwort93

jwort93 Member

Just to make sure I understand, you’re saying that when outputting HDR10 in DV via VS10, the black clip and white clip are correct?

17. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

Thanks Mark.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  18. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

?
    Surely the HDR DV modes are designed to apply DV processing to non DV content?

I've been impressed with SDR content via VS10 - but a little confused when to use each of the DV options

Last edited: Nov 7, 2020
  19. DennisTheMenace

DennisTheMenace Active Member

Ok i know mkv Dolby Vision don't works but beside this the new hdr options are great. I love the "Dolby Vision VS10 Engine for HDR"

20. JS_racer

JS_racer Member

So for hdr content, is vs10 for hdr, and lldv the same or is one better quality wise?
    I like the option of non hdr regular or made hdr.

Guessing if i wanted hdr all the time, then lldv is the better option, have been using auto. Tv is a sony 75x950h