Beta version 6.0.80 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Dec 11, 2020.

1. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hello Zidoo Team,

MKV DV with PGS subtitles works, nice job.

Solving the atmos problem is complicated and will take time, and Zidoo never promised a solution with this new FW.

Since rtd1619dr devices are available zidoo always said it is new to them and it will take time, meanwhile you can watch MKV DV in dd5.1 or dts.

-------

I will update my thread about PGS subtitle with MKV DV

See you

Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
  2. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

PLEASE!! Can everybody stop downloading the new FW?

With this speed I'll have it by the time version 8.4.90 is out :)

rozel likes this.
  3. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

netflix support dolby audio now;)

4. OlivierQC

Hello Mirror,

With DD5.1 or Atmos or both

Ok i will check and update my thread.

Thank you Mirror

5. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

He isn’t saying that the Z9S supports Dolby Vision, in MKV what he is saying is that neither does the Z9X.

I think the reply from Mirror is piss poor to be honest, shocking customer service, he is basically saying they are not currently doing anything about it because other players are having problems...
    The shield has a widerproblem with colours but not with actually playability you don’t get lock ups trying to play DV and Atmos at the same time, maybe Zidoo isn’t powerful enough.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
    darkeyes909 likes this.
  6. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Can somebody tell me how to access the "Save" button after having set the Samba password? I almost need an ambulance here...

7. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

Ah I see, thanks for the clarification. He sounds like he gave up already, maybe he can look for other alternatives that really works?

Myself I akways sell anything I’m not happy and buy a better one. Like my home theater, I’ve lost count how many times I sold and buy other speakers and subwoofers in the last 15 years lol.

8. Oldirtydog

Oldirtydog Member

i have X9s ,my friend have Z9s and the both players is better that Z9x. Only reason to me and him to change the players is suporting vision on Zidoo z9x,but over 4 monts and more we see beta shit from zidoo.

9. OlivierQC

Hello Mirror,

I have stuttering problem with the Netflix apk. yes it is in 2160p and DD5.1 but it is not watchable.

I'm waiting to see if other people have the same problem

See you

10. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

Just to clarify:
    DV inside mkv is properly defined and afaik nobody (at least no important parties like matroska or Mike from MakeMKV) disagrees with that.
    So there really is no reason for you to wait.

11. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

Hmm, that’s sad then. I’m maybe considering another player that supports DV in MKV properly. Do you have a suggestion? PM me if it’s not appropriate to say here. Cheers.

12. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Wow...

13. Genadi

Genadi Member

Unfortunately i'm still "1080p" Dolby Vision on my lg 2016 tv

Oldirtydog likes this.
  14. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Started up Netflix Mowgli in HDR with 7.1 Atmos and that plays just fine here.

Great to see this working. I am running the G-version FW.
    Also good to see the SMB option for UID+PWD

15. Polypenko

Polypenko Active Member

Netflix app works on LG c8pla but indeed showing 4k movies in 1080p and HDR mode,
    when using the Netflix app. in the Lg TV it shows 4k movies in 2160p and Dolby Vision mode.

16. Fatih Durmus

Fatih Durmus Member

mirror said that before.
    "Because the EDID of the display device is not detected in third party app,You've got the wrong layered encoding.
    we are likely to solve it in the next firmware"

I think there is no solution now. (I couldnt try yet)

17. Cezary

Cezary Member

In Samba quick settings section there isn't possible to use "j/J" letter in server name and password text fields :)

18. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

You are saying uppercase/lowercase does not working or the specifically the letter "j/J" is not supported?

19. Cezary

Cezary Member

only j/J character. Could you try?

20. boxerfan

boxerfan Active Member

Uh oh.
    On the 80G firmware, when playing music video MKVs, quite often I lose audio about half way through.
    It was fine on 66G (before update),
    Anyone having this audio loss issue?