Beta version 6.0.80 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Dec 11, 2020.

1. Magyar Péter

Magyar Péter New Member

External srt subtitles appear with jumping and flashing effect yet on Z9X. The text appears and disappears, the next text pop up and disappear then the previous text pop up and disappear. This problem is very miserable and it become worse then the previous firmware...

2. Fatih Durmus

Fatih Durmus Member

You right

3. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

.60 or.66 definitly avoid this one

TBH thread originator should edit and remove the links to .80 , before anyone else downloads them

4. darkjina

darkjina New Member

I recommend 66.

5. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

‘Route 66’ :D

pcristi and Whitfield like this.
  6. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Months ago I had Nvidia Shield Tube version. That device had the same problems of this Zidoo playing Dovi files with Atmos lossless audio. Stuttering suddenly after 5/1o minutes and in some case after 40/50 minutes. People complainingon Nvidia forum never get an answer from them and many users said that the cause was to find in not enough ram (2Gb). So I decided to replace the Tube version with Pro Version (3Gb ram) and these problems have disappeared.

Regardless of price point !
    It could be €1000
    Sooner than later someone on these forums or elsewhere will purchase a UHD3000 model with more 4Gb Ram
    And put the test to theory wether lack of Ram is causing this so called playback issue the op was saying that resolved the Nvidia issue .

Will have to wait till January now to find out if ..........
    Lets hope a later firmware comes and helps out this playback issue .

7. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

shame we couldnt have mem widget displaying up in a corner see it it bottoms out round time the stutters etc all starts
    Thou it can be wildly differing places
    ie ive seen some rips always fail after say 3 mins.....then remove the pgs subs and theyre stable till say 20 mins or so
    Also it happens on a Fresh start with nothing else on....i pretty much only use the zidoo for the native media player vis smb
    havent tried seeing if shutting down all but the bare min running in the back ground frees up enuff mem to effect things ? or im i thinking to PC windows oriented

8. DELUCAS

Many put Bloat ware on these machines which dont help things which use up resources / memory & run in the background etc
    One reason i just put on the non G version just in case
    Sometimes less is more . ;)

Osmar likes this.
  9. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Adding RAM is not that simple as it hits the 32-bit boundary. Moving to 4 Gbyte will not be fully effective but 3Gbyte will do the job for the time being. Moving to a 64-bit OS will require at least 8 GByte to outweigh the overhead.

xskip likes this.
  10. boxerfan

boxerfan Active Member

4K content surely requires more RAM space for processing, maybe you guys are on to something...

On a separate note, since these firmware releases are beta in nature, maybe Zidoo can build in instrumented code that users can switch on/off to help capture logs for them to diagnose the issues.

11. maglione

maglione Member

the same bug for me.

12. Fatih Durmus

Fatih Durmus Member

If your theory is correct zidoo cant solve shuttering problem.

So what will we do!!!

13. DELUCAS

Not my theory
    Someone elses saying 3gb ram solved stuttering on there shield .

Im saying to poss de bunk theory is wait till UHD3000 arrives and see if it resolves stuttering issues etc .

But if an OPPO 203 Blu ray or oppo clone player can playback Dolby Vision no problem are they using 1gb , 2gb , 3gb ,4gb ram on there players .
    and are some blaming lack of ram for these issues and it maybe just software / firmware related ?
    and 2gb is sufficient .........

14. Fatih Durmus

Fatih Durmus Member

What is really problem? Nobody explains this forum.

15. DennisTheMenace

DennisTheMenace Active Member

Beside the subtitle and Dolby Vision + Dolby Atmos stuttering problem this firmware is the best for Dolby Vision playback. All MEL MKVs are working. And with the FEL to MEL converter the FEL rips are working also. Of course it would be nicer if they would work without doing a conversion but if that is not possible I have to life with that.
    I hope they can fix the Atmos and subtitle problem soon

16. ghostshadow

ghostshadow Member

To confirm that the problem is a lack of memory and a buffer full you can test this and see if there is an improvement:
    activate Playback Performance mode (experimental) and deactivated ''switched reserve less buffer space off'' in setting realtek

17. Fatih Durmus

Fatih Durmus Member

I think we will be sure when uhd3000 release.

18. BREY

BREY Member

сделайте уже что нибудь с фиксацией разрешения интерфейса ! на этой прошивке по моему стадо ещё хуже. у меня теперь после каждого выключения / включения тв разрешение интерфейса бокса сбрасывает с 1080р@60 на 4К АВТО. и не предлагайте мне оставить 4К так как я на своём LG OLED65C9 вижу что на 4К тексты замылены по сравнению с 1080 . ну и плюс ко всему интерфейс 4К выезжает за края экрана.

19. DELUCAS

Mate how many more people you going to ask on here what the best firmware to be on ?

stick on what you have until you hear positive things on another firmware
    Every firmware has good & bad points depending on What You Req .

in my on opinion .

McBluna and xskip like this.
  20. Manbok Oh

Manbok Oh New Member

After upgrade fw to 6.0.80...
    Running the 3d bluray title failed.
    It was just worked before.
    Is that kind of bug?

How can i downgrade to 6.0.66?
    Somebody help me!!