Beta version 6.0.80 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Dec 11, 2020.

1. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Got it. even can setting the time.
    Sorry about my English
    Maybe you can help me better describe this function
    Code:
    Dont make bookmark within this time from start:
    Make it watched  while stopped within this time from end:

Last edited: Dec 22, 2020
    Sledgehamma and ammar11 like this.
  2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Implicitly bookmark a movie as unwatched when stopping during the first 2 minutes and as fully watched during the last 5 minutes (end credits).

This change makes a lot of sense and avoids potential side-effects of the bookmarking feature

Mabon and ammar11 like this.
  3. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

Cool! I think you've got it right.

4. gogo789

gogo789 Active Member

Hi, I also have a suggestion for another parameters which should not be tricky but just ad more flexibility for users. In HDR settings it would be great to have an option to enable VS10 engine always when I'm playing HDR or SDR content in the zidoo player but not in the UI. I don't know why but I experience some color issues with the "Always LLDV" mode when I'm in the UI or in the Youtube App and this would be a quick and easy solution. Thank you for your help :)

5. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Somebody reported HD PCM audio being output at 16-bit instead of 24-bit when set to native output in MP6. Using the native Android driver it was output at 24-bit 48kHz.
    This is bad as 24-bit at 44.1/48 kHz in fact sounds mostly better than than 16-bit at double or quadruple rates. Could not find it anymore.

Checked this with Zidoo and this turns to be out the case indeed. They did this for better AMP compatibility. A coming FW update will allow also native audio output for bigger sample sizes using EDID responses from the AMP.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2020
  6. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

My suggestion for this was to make use of the 4 programmable hotkeys on the remote

Let us set say
    RED Auto
    Green HDR
    YELLOW DV
    BLUE SDR

save all the hassles of jumping back to settings and all it takes each time to change the setting to watch say an HDR 10+ or HLG tv epi ,then next one we want to watch is DV and we have to do it all again,and again after cos next one is an old sdr series
    et yadda yadda

DennisTheMenace likes this.
  7. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

you can change this even while playback via the Zidoo Controller App.

8. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

cellphones usually across the room
    remotes usually with me ,when im watching tv :p , and it does have 4 programmable buttons with nothing of any use atm :)

DennisTheMenace likes this.
  9. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

HDR modes are dynamic, dependent on the EDID so the only ones common to every user are:

SDR Rec.709 Limited
    SDR Rec.2020 Limited (although technically that one shouldn't be)
    Dolby Vision VS10 Engine
    Dolby Vision VS10 Engine For SDR
    Dolby Vision VS10 Engine For HDR
    Auto

Screenshot_20210107-085159.png

So you can't hard code modes that potentially don't exist. As @Sledgehamma says, this has been addressed with the app which is obviously able to cope with this.

10. Polypenko

Polypenko Active Member

Since I control my entire HT set up with a Logitech Elite Remote, I also would highly appreciate if the various HRD settings could be
    programmed to the 4 programmable hotkeys, avoiding the extra use of a sepearate Mobile Telephone.

rozel likes this.
  11. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

something i suggested like 6 months back ,but it sadly wasnt doable back then they said ( programming the learning colour buttons to diff HDR settings)

i pretty much just run the zidoo in vs10 sdr hdr now and only change when its specifically hdr10+ hlg

works well on most dl tv epis in x265 720/1080p as well as full makemkv bluray series i create ie SG atlantis got a nice boost with the vs10
    it also works really well with 4k AI upgraded tv series ppl are creating like ST Voyager

rozel likes this.
  12. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I totally agree with this suggestion - it would make life so very much easier