Beta version v6.3.0 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Apr 30, 2021.

1. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

And unless I'm mistaken it seems to me that on my old X20 PRO, online was already present on the VFD, but I never paid attention to it.

2. Movie78

Movie78 Member Beta test group

What happens when you play an ISO file that has DV and HDR10+ metadata, which of the metadata gets trigger?

3. UTAVATU

UTAVATU Active Member

Dear @Movie78

I have played such file, but instead .iso it's .mkv - Back to the Future /Part II/Part III, all of them are played as Dolby Vision, because my Sony KD-55XF9005 has HDR10 and Dolby Vision only.

I have also tested Alien .mkv, which is only HDR10+ and it's played as HDR10.

Sincerely

4. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

DV has priority on all players over HDR10(+) I have seen, but obviously one can set HDR10 as the preference and then it plays HDR10+ instead of DV. Very difficult to judge the PQ difference. An option to choose the HDR output format like for audio or subtitles would be nice.

Last edited: May 2, 2021
  5. Cristiango

Cristiango Member

hello good, I back to the future that are hdr 10+ the image is very dark, another that I have in hdr 10+ no, I have version 6.3.0 with the zidoo z9x, Samsung qled 80r tv, you can go back to version 6.0.90?

6. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

Oppo Clon (and maybe Oppo Original) in auto mode prefers HDR10 + format instead of DV. Strange but that's how it is.

7. UTAVATU

UTAVATU Active Member

Dear Friends

I have got The Lord of the Rings The Fellowship of the Ring Extended on 2 discs. After ripping I will have 2 .mkv for one movie. Should I merge to one .mkv or it's possible to have one Poster, but still two .mkv files? Any ideas.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Sincerely

8. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

You can have the two movies under one poster by naming something like:

The Fellowship of the Ring.disk-1.mkv
    The Fellowship of the Ring.disk-2.mkv

or just

The Fellowship of the Ring.1.mkv
    The Fellowship of the Ring.2.mkv

The attached file shows all the options.

Or you could stitch them together with MKVToolnix.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 2, 2021
    UTAVATU likes this.
  9. Movie78

Movie78 Member Beta test group

Ok I just got time to watch a full movie for the first on the Z9X and what a disappointment, the movie will stop after every 20-30min into the movie and I have to start playback again and FF it, this was pretty annoying and I hope this was just movie file that I was watching.

10. UTAVATU

UTAVATU Active Member

Dear @Markswift2003

Thank you for the explanation. I have got questions, if you don't mind. I mean...

1. File Suffixes are case sensitive or they could be all capital letters for example TRUEHDATMOS instead of truehdatmos?
    2. There is no DTS-HD Master Audio Suffix only DTS-HD for DTS-HD High Resolution?
    3. Title of the movie should be without spaces and separated each word by dot, for example:
    "Exodus.Gods.and.Kings.4k.hdr.hevc.truehdatmos.mkv" or "Exodus - Gods and Kings.4k.hdr.hevc.truehdatmos.mkv" is also valid?
    4. Channels like 5.1, 7.1 are only valid for not Dolby Atmos and DTS:X?

Sincerely

11. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

My guide Zidoo Home Theater Media Labels should answer your questions.

UTAVATU likes this.
  12. Cristiango

Cristiango Member

my zidoo z9x does not update me via OTA, may I know why?

13. Mariusz

Mariusz Active Member

Because the update is suspended.

14. Cristiango

Cristiango Member

no update skips me

15. Markswift2003

1. Actually not sure ;) I don't think it matters..

2. No, unfortunately the code picks the high resolution png not the master audio one - I pointed this out months (maybe years!!) ago but it hasn't been changed.

3. I use dots as a delimiter as I'm used to coding that way, but again, it's looking for text strings so it's kind of optional - I keep it as per the pdf just to keep everything tidy and the same.

4. I think so - to be fair, although I wrote that PDF, I have to fess up and say that personally I don't actually bother using suffixes :)

16. Markswift2003

Yes it should.

That'll be the wine :):rolleyes:

(cut and pasted and forgot to change the paste...)

blenky likes this.
  17. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

My OPPO original prefers DV.

18. timmyp53

timmyp53 Member

That would be a great option. I would like to see a discrete HDR10+ logo as well for HDR10+ content on content start like DV.

19. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

?

HDR10+ does have an hdr10+ come up at start , same as DV or VS10 or HLG for the other types

if HDR is set to auto or vs10 s DV will be first choice if movie like Alita , does both DV and HDR10+
    if HDR is set to HDR10 , Alita will play in HDR10 +

20. timmyp53

timmyp53 Member

From what I saw from the film Nobody which was hdr10+ it only shows HDR10 not hdr 10+logo.

I may be wrong or need to test more content.