Beta version v6.3.0 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Apr 30, 2021.

1. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

I also ,am having zero issues with this 3.0 f/w
    but i only watch from main media player ,and dont skip forward /back, and rare occasion i do i use the side arrows on remote

2. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

Issues I've noticed so far with v6.3.0 that never happened with previous firmware (could only be me):
    • Playback stops suddenly for some titles for no reason, play it again and it's fine
    • Frame-rate always switch to 60Hz for no reason for a few titles
    • Black level issue with SDR, certain frames that are meant to be black becomes gray, I've noticed the GUI is a bit brighter too (my GUI is SDR)
    • One time it stuck at the title logo and never recovers, had to hard reboot (only happened once)

3. TouchTunesHero

TouchTunesHero New Member

Any feedback about the raised blacks yet? Has this been fixed? Still on .25

4. UTAVATU

UTAVATU Active Member

Dear @ammar11

I can confirm, that playback stops suddenly for some titles for no reason for example yesterday .mkv HDR10 Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, played it again and it's fine, but it has happened on previous FW too. Also using Forward, Rewind, Next Chapter/Previous Chapter or D-Pad buttons Left/Right making a video choppy, sometimes lose frames.

Sincerely

5. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

I can confirm the Video Player seems to be less stable with this FW. Waiting for them to come back next week on it.

6. UTAVATU

UTAVATU Active Member

Dear Friends

I have got question to some of you, who are using ZDMC 18.9 instead of HT4. The question is related with movies splitted in to seperate files like The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, where each part has got two disc. I have added disc1, disc2 to the files.

HT4:
    ...and in HT4 there is one Poster for this movie, which is OK and when clicking on Poster there is box A (for disc1) and B (disc2) visible on the Info Page. When I click box A, it will play the first file (disc1), but when it ends it backs to the Info Page, instead of playing second file (disc2), I need to click box B to play it. Are there any possibility to set HT4 to play this movie continuously without the need to click box B or A?

ZDMC:
    ...and in ZDMC there is also one Poster for this movie, which is still OK, it's even showing summary time for whole two discs, but when I click on the Poster to play, it plays only disc1 and there is no possibility to click something like in HT4 was box A/B. Also it's not playing continuously the second disc. Maybe it's related, that ZDMC is using native Z9X player not Kodi one. Once again, a question, because maybe I am doing something wrong. Are there any possibility to play two files continuously?

Yes, I know I can combine those two files into the one whole movie, I have also done that, but there isn't a point of this subject.

Thank you in advance for your help and support.

Sincerely

7. Guy Brown

Guy Brown New Member

I have 2 blu rays with Auro 3D soundtracks. A music blu ray and the European variant of Blade Runner 2049 that comes with an Auro 3D soundtrack which sounds great.

My AVR (a Marantz SR7015) doesn’t automatically switch to Auro and outputs DTS-HD. But once you engage Auro 3D it picks up the extra information.

See the screenshots…

Attached Files:

8. Ozzyoz

Ozzyoz Member

You can better explain the steps with MKVtoolnix, to me to be clear about ripping with MakeMKV, but I don't understand what you append with mkvtoolnix, maybe you select the video and audio you are interested in listening to?

9. UTAVATU

UTAVATU Active Member

Dear @Ozzyoz

When you have ripped by MakeMKV your physical Disc 1 and Disc 2 of The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring you will have two .mkv files. Then in MKVToolNix you choose Multiplexer Tab and in the Input window click right button and click Add Files, choose .mkv (Disc 1), then click on the added file with right mouse button and choose Append File, then choose .mkv (Disc 2). To start merging those two files to one .mkv just click on the bottom Start Multiplexing.

I hope you understand my poor English :) I tried ;)

Sincerely

Last edited: May 5, 2021
    ammar11 likes this.
  10. Ozzyoz

Ozzyoz Member

Thank you

11. UTAVATU

UTAVATU Active Member

Dear Friends

I think I have found a workarround for someone, who would like to play for example: The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, which is on two .mkv files instead of one combined from two. As I said earlier, you need to click Box A/1 for first .mkv or B/2 for second .mkv, but you don't need to. You may set in Quick Settings something called Play Mode and there choose Repeat All or All, this way, when you click first .mkv and when it ends, it will automaticaly play second .mkv without the need of clicking Box B/2. The good thing is, it will play continuously, the bad thing is, it will also play next movie after The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring. It will also display Clear Logo of the movie between first and second .mkv.

@mirror it would be great, if movie added to Library, that is on 2 .mkv files should play continuously without need to click manualy part2 of the same movie. It would be great too, if there will be an option to disable Clear Logo or Title and the phrase Loading movie such way, there will be only black screen without any notices. I would like to have such option configurable via Quick Settings.

What is the difference between Play Mode - Repeat All and All?

Sincerely

12. UTAVATU

UTAVATU Active Member

Dear @mirror @Markswift2003

I have found a bug in HT4 and Zidoo Player:

1. Choose in Quick Settings>Play Mode>Repeat All or All
    2. In HT4 for example create Collection (you may choose custom and name it or just use an exist Collection of your movies, there must be min. 3 movies).
    3. Open Collection with min. 3 movies inside and change places of those 3 movies such way they will be SORTED by release date for example:
    a) The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001)
    b) The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (2002)
    c) The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003)
    4. Hit play of the movie a) the first one. When this movie ends, the Repeat All or All mode should play the next movie, right? Yes, it plays, but not movie b) instead it plays movie c). Why? Because the movie c) is played not by date, but by Movie Title in alphabetical order. I think it should be fixed, because when I rearrange my movies in the order I want to play, they should play by this order, not by Movie Title.

There are lots of movies, like:
    Prometheus (this should be played as the first one, but it will as the last one because of "P")
    Alien: Covenant
    Alien
    (...)
    Star Wars: Episode IV
    Star Wars: Episode IX (which should be played as the last one, but in this case, it will play after IV episode)
    Star Wars: Episode V
    (...)

I wish you be so kind and fix this. The easiest way to fix this is to ADD to .nfo files <sorttitle> and force HT4 to sort by <sorttitle>. In this <sorttitle> (Kodi has got such feature) I can put:

<sorttitle>Alien 1</sorttitle>
    <sorttitle>Alien 2</sorttitle>
    <sorttitle>Alien 3</sorttitle>
    <sorttitle>Star Wars 1</sorttitle>
    <sorttitle>Star Wars 2</sorttitle>
    <sorttitle>Star Wars 3</sorttitle>

Why <sorttitle> is so important?

You cannot Play movies by MOVIE TITLE, because Star Wars: Episode IX will Play after IV.

You cannot Play movies by DATE, because Star Wars: Episode IV (1977) will Play as the first one.

There is the need to Play movies by <sorttitle>. This is the only solution.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Sincerely

Last edited: May 6, 2021
  13. Dario86

Dario86 New Member

Sorry for late reply but what ZIDOO do u have? It doesnt work with my Z9X - do only the 3000 and up support Auro 3D ?