ZIDOO Z9X

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Aug 4, 2020.

1. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Info button is only on original remote. We are missing info function button on programmable 4 color buttons. I asked for this before but no luck. Programmable buttons work great across all platforms and are dynamic with active components on CEC commands. My LG TV 4 color buttons operate those functions from Zidoo but to get info I have to reach for Zidoo remote.

2. Edworld

Edworld Member

I also have an orange light instead of green, even if I connect the zidoo to the netgear modem/router via ethernet cable.

If the above statement still applies today, I have no idea why it would be throttling. Is there a setting I must change to get a green light on the back of the zidoo?

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Is green your favourite colour?

4. Edworld

Edworld Member

For a long time it was red...

Markswift2003 likes this.
  5. Markswift2003

The colour of ethernet LEDs is somewhat arbitrary.

Some hardware will denote 100base-T as orange and 1000base-T as green. Others will use two LEDs so they can show 10base-T, 100base-T and 1000base-T with a combination of colours.

The Zidoo shows 1000base-T as orange, so orange is what you want to see.

Red would be better though ;)

Edworld likes this.
  6. Recoba86

Recoba86 New Member

Hello, when I try to download subtitles during a movie a have an error. Am I the only one? It was working properly 2 days ago.

7. azon1951

azon1951 Active Member

I don't have my device right now to test it...
    May I ask if I can stream videos from WebDAV server using Zidoo player?

8. Recoba86

Recoba86 New Member

That’s what I was doing in fact :) (so the answer is yes you can)

9. azon1951

azon1951 Active Member

Hi. I added the server in file manager but when I'm trying to play the video it's just spinning...

10. Verve

Verve New Member

I'm thinking of getting a z9x. Is it able to access movies shared through windows 10 media streaming (under Network and Sharing)?

11. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

Yes

12. azon1951

azon1951 Active Member

If future software updates is important to you...I don't know if Zidoo is still there???

13. thivame

thivame Active Member

Yes, I wonder if our devices will still be supported.
    Frankly I don't believe it... I think they will drop and support the new products

14. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Why do you say that, do you have any information about it ?

Zidoo has always did the software follow-up of these products even after they are no longer offered for sale 1 or 2 years later offered for sale.

There is no reason for this to change... at least I hope so. :)

15. thivame

thivame Active Member

Hello OlivierQC,
    No I don't have any information, and that's why I'm saying it, because nobody has had any information for a long time about the Z9X.
    I hope I'm wrong because there are still corrections or improvements to be made

Six66Mike likes this.
  16. azon1951

azon1951 Active Member

I've noticed that the resolution switched automatically when you press 3x the "resolution" button in Z9X remote. Is there a trick that it will switch only after 3s your not pressing it? Sorry in my English...
    Or is it possible to disable other resolution like all 1080p?

17. Markswift2003

The resolution button cycles through the available resolutions one at a time.

18. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

19. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

it's 1Gbit and I do get it from the Zidoo port.

B0RN likes this.
  20. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Good to hear, wish I could get similar with Deco. Hardwire is not a choice right now, oddly shaped rooms etc etc.