ZIDOO Z9X

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Rodolfo

Rodolfo New Member

:):):)

Last edited: Jan 12, 2023
  2. Rodolfo

Rodolfo New Member

Thanks for the..."no reply"!!!:mad::mad::mad:

3. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

@Rodolfo I think you need to use the forum's search function rather than coming across in a rather rude fashion (politeness is a virtue) - although I cannot answer your question, I know this has been answered before. But I gather from another one of your threads you are giving up on the Zidoo - oh well

xskip likes this.
  4. xskip

xskip Active Member

+1 "use the forum's search function"

5. Rodolfo

Rodolfo New Member

Where I come from (ROMA CAPUT MUNDI) they say:
    "asking is it legitimate to answer is an obligation".
    I asked a simple question (as an ignorant neophyte on the ZIDOO Z9X)
    hoping for an answer that would push me to purchase the ZIDOO Z9X ... the question was ignored for two days, so I looked
    for other ways to get at least a decent answer.
    I had it (although I still have some doubts) and I deduced that the Zidoo Z9X is not suitable for my needs. If someone will be
    able to convince me otherwise, I'll be very happy, also because a click was enough to start the order of the ZIDOO Z9X.

My doubts remain about the HDMI IN (because it's not IN 100%) and the use of the GOOGLE PLAY STORE App (because it's not 100%)...

I hope I was "courteous"
    GoodAudioVideo
    Thank you
    Rudy

Last edited: Jan 13, 2023
  6. Rodolfo

Rodolfo New Member

I found this in a 2021 review... I ask you if all the video options have been improved with the latest FW,
    i.e. if everything is now in 4k HDR10+ and DOLBYVISION.

This would be (IS) the main reason for the purchase!!!

GoodAudioVideo
    Thank you
    Rudy

Now this may change with future firmware updates but at least for the unit we tested
    you can see in the table below the kind of playback quality you get from the available apps.

Streaming service Video Audio Comments
    Netflix FullHD (1080p) 5.1ch Netflix on Android
    Youtube 4K (2160p) stereo With "Smart Youtube TV"
    Google Play Movies Full HD (1080p) Stereo
    Amazon Prime Video SD (480p) Stereo
    Amazon Prime video on Android
    Disney+ HD (720p) Stereo Disney+ on Android
    HBO FullHD (1080p) HBO Stereo on Android

As you can see from this list there is a lot to be desired in terms of the quality you can get from these services right now. Most of them do not support 4K resolution, with Amazon Prime even rendering at only SD resolution, and most of them can output only in stereo so if you are using a lot of these services the Zidoo Z9X is not
    the best option to consider.

7. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

If you are buying a Zidoo primarily for "Streaming" then this probably isn't the device for you.

8. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hello Rodolfo,

I agree with rozel, you will be disappointed with a Zidoo.

This is only my opinion but I think you should look at shield TV or something similar.

9. Rodolfo

Rodolfo New Member

What about inserting the FireStick 4K MAX into the HDMI input?
    So GOOGLE PLAY STORE is not needed for streaming apps...
    Thank you
    GoodAudioVideo
    Rudy

10. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Again search the Forum - the Zidoos are not known for their streaming capabilites

xskip likes this.
  11. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

if you have newer Smart TV just use the streaming apps on that, I do that, using my OLED77C2 för streaming and Z9X for local playback.

rozel likes this.
  12. Rodolfo

Rodolfo New Member

I tried everything (information) to purchase the Zidoo, but I have a Sony 270 (295) 4K video projector which obviously doesn't have the apps...
    so I have to give up the device...I'm sorry because it is combined with the arcana, would have done a great job in LLDV, and beyond!
    Thank you
    GoodAudioVideo
    Rudy

13. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

It's really really simple.

The Zidoo for local content - honestly, nothing else comes close. LLDV is awesome on a projector.

An Nvidia Shield for streamed content - honestly, nothing else comes close.

If you keep looking for a one box solution, I absolutely guarantee you won't find it - I've been doing this for decades and it just does not, never has, and probably never will, exist.

14. Rodolfo

Rodolfo New Member

You're right...after all the research, subscribing to this forum (thanks), I have to admit there is no solution.
    I'll continue with the FireStick, the Nokia 8000 the pana UB820 and the ARCANA, as well as the Sony 270.
    Thanks again
    GoodAudioVideo
    Rudy

Markswift2003 likes this.
  15. Markswift2003

Not sure why you'd use a telephone, but fair comment ;)

B0RN likes this.
  16. Rodolfo

Rodolfo New Member

I don't understand what you mean by "use a phone"...never mentioned using one in this area.
    I use my iphone regularly but definitely not for AudioVideo!:)

GoodAudioVideo
    Rudy

17. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

I guess Nokia 8000

18. Rodolfo

Rodolfo New Member

Ah I understand... Nokia = mobile... No, what I have is this:
    https://www.amazon.it/Nokia-Streami...s=electronics&sprefix=nokia+8000,electronics% 2C154&sr=1-3 ...
    It's a "Streaming Box" that I bought only because it has an audio output, which is missing in other "Boxes" such as FireStick ATV etc...
    Unfortunately it doesn't have DOLBYVISION which is why I was looking for the Zidoo Z9X which however is not a streaming box...
    In short, if one device has a "gem" the other has another but not both.
    They are all "castrated" appliances, I don't know if for commercial reasons or otherwise... but who pays for them (in every sense)
    it is the "Consumer" who has to struggle to reconcile the various AudioVideo needs...
    which are "trivial" things as much as you like but for us enthusiasts they are indispensable...
    Good Audio Video
    Rudy

Last edited: Jan 14, 2023
  19. Markswift2003

20. Rodolfo

Rodolfo New Member