ZIDOO Z9X

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Pabzroz

Pabzroz New Member

ok so I just put the folders path directly after the ip? like say my folder path is "H:\Test" I would put smb://andy:123456@192.168.1.101/H:/Test
    except my name, password, and ip of course
    I've been trying this and it's not working

Last edited: Feb 1, 2023
  2. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

you have to enable smb on your computer and that the folder you want to share is shared through smb, I'm not sure exactly how it works on Windows as I use Unraid as my server, but I guess it's easy.

3. Pabzroz

Pabzroz New Member

Thank you so much for all your help. Finally got it working.

Gilgamesh likes this.
  4. azon1951

azon1951 Active Member

Seems like I have the same issue when playing HDR on YouTube & ZDMC. But it's more like green covering the screen maybe because of different display tech.

Here's what I discovered to prevent it. I open my TV first and wait for it to fully loaded then turn on my Z9X. Hoping that they will fix it in the next software update.

5. Pabzroz

Pabzroz New Member

My Zidoo Z9X WiFi/Blueooth RP-SMA Antenna MOD
    Picture of the results: imgur.io/r3wQWAn

Raised my wifi speed by 200mbps, allows me to use whatever antenna I want, or have no antenna at all for a clean look when using ethernet.

I feel like A LOT of you will find this interesting. Here's a link to my post on avs with pictures/ instructions since It wouldn't allow me to post it all here.

avsforum.com/threads/zidoo-z9x-rtd1619-thread.3140924/post-62335192

Last edited: Feb 12, 2023
  6. ROLOCO

ROLOCO New Member

7. Željko Sušek

Željko Sušek New Member

Please help - advice!
    I connected my ZIDOO Z9X to a DAC (SMSL SU-6) with a USB (2.3) - USB-c cable. The DAC is connected to the amplifier and everything is fine. DSD (64-512).
    I bought a more expensive device, the SABAJ A30a (integrated digital amplifier - also has a DAC function) which has the same USB-C input. - but there is no signal or sound from ZIDOO (optical cable works). I didn't get an effective answer on the Sabaj Forum (there was also an answer that the ZIDOO doesn't have a USB output, but that shouldn't be a problem for USB-C, as far as I know. The DAC worked with the same cable.
    I am asking for your opinion on how to eliminate the problem.

8. Željko Sušek

Željko Sušek New Member

In short: to which output and with what kind of cable can I output (from ZIDOO z9X) DSD sound. Can the cable HDMI - USB-c / ZIDOO (HDMI out) - USB-C input on the amplifier or DAC work?

9. DMD

DMD Member

Good evening
    No word on whether the VP9 codec will be supported by Zidoo?
    Thank you

10. Željko Sušek

Željko Sušek New Member

I didn't solve my problem, but I found an incompatibility. USB AUDIO in Sabaj is supported in Windows. ZIDOO is an android - and that's a conflict I can't resolve. I did not see this as a warning on the store pages, or the forum.
    Second day -
    How to connect ZIDOO z9X (android) as a sound source with a device that has USB audio windows driver. In particular, how to listen to music from ZIDOO, USB output on Sabaj A30a, integral digital amplifier, USB-c input. I can't find an answer. Are there any options: what kind of converter or application.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2023
  11. Antofar

Antofar New Member

Hi I have encountered this pixel problem in the background with my z9x which is not present with the ATV 4K. I was really disappointed since this media player is talked about so well. What do you think it depends on?

Attached Files:

• ATV.jpg
      ATV.jpg
      File size:
      154 KB
      Views:
    • Z9X.jpg
      Z9X.jpg
      File size:
      162.2 KB
      Views:
  12. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

That looks like you're viewing 10-bit material in 8-bit - check your settings, it is of course not normal.

13. Antofar

Antofar New Member

Hi Markswift2003 I tried almost all of them, now my configuration is this. If you have black panther try also at time 1.02.35. Thank you

Attached Files:

14. Edworld

Edworld Member

Change non 4k to 444 8 bit

15. Antofar

Antofar New Member

I solved. I set the frame rate mode to match frame rate and resolution. Before it could not bring the video to 2160 24p but set it to 60p. Thank you

16. Recoba86

Recoba86 New Member

Hello all, I’m new to Zidoo (just bought a Z9x). Is there a way to direct download files directly to an external HDD connected to the Zidoo? I tried everything but I always end up not seeing the external HDD when I want to choose where to save files. Is there a workaround?

17. Jimbo Randy

Jimbo Randy Active Member

Confused on this. Why would't you want to leave non-4k at 444 10 bit? Aren't most newer x.265 encodes 10 bit, even in SDR at 1080p? All the 1080p SDR x265s I have show 10 bit.

18. Edworld

Edworld Member

I was just following Mark's guide, unless I read it wrong.

19. Jimbo Randy

Jimbo Randy Active Member

No you read it correctly. This has been something I've been wondering about for a while after I realized that all of my 1080p x.265 encodes are 10 bit.

20. IdahoBill

IdahoBill New Member

Hey guys, what in tarnation am I missing here. For the life of me I can’t figure out how to get a background/wallpaper in MP7 full screen mode. Looks kind of bland with a black background.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 7, 2023