ZIDOO NEO A - NEO X - NEO S

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Aug 4, 2020.

1. andrewrona

andrewrona Member

Yes that would be good, only issue I am having with my neo s is the clock, nowhere to do a setting, maybe next FW? apart from this I am delighted with mine, running in 24/7 at the moment. Easy to navigate, dowloaded Aptoide for further apps, not into play store.

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Yeah, there are quite a few things missing at the moment - clock settings being one of them!

To set the clock, go to Apps, select SetUpWizard and the third screen is Time Zone - set that correctly and it will grab the local time from an NTP server.

_dbw_ likes this.
  3. andrewrona

andrewrona Member

That was a swifty reply, thanks Mark.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  4. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I got news about replacing the M.2 SATA 3.0 2280 if needed

Mirror had indicated that the NEO S accepts M.2 SATA 3.0 2280 up to 1tb

[​IMG]

Having heard various things from Zidoo regarding the replacement of the M.2 SATA 3.0 2280, here is a recommendation...

Before you make the change, check with your supplier (Futeko, Zidoo, Futureland, etc. ....), as they are the ones you should deal with if you have a problem.

Thanks to Mark for giving me some explanations

See you soon

Last edited: Jan 7, 2022
  5. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

The replacing of the M.2 SATA is very simple to do it slots in in one end and secured in flat by one screw at the other end
    What or is in the way i dont know but they are very slim to slide past components as mm thick .

Req Detail photo to really see if there is any obstruction on fitting component .
    Also you can fit heat sinks to them if you believe they are emitting any heat or are concerned that they may do or peace of mind .

The sticker on them acts as some type of cooling etc on some types .

6. OlivierQC

Hello Delucas,

yes, changing a storage of this kind takes 1 minute to do.

We don't have any quality picture that shows correctly this storage and it's a pity because on some pictures we can think that the black plate is slightly over the storage ?

DELUCAS likes this.
  7. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Haha 256 Gbyte is enough for Music. You must be kidding. I have a 6 TByte Music HDD and it is almost full. But admit it need some cleaning to do.
    But OK if you play MP3 only a lot of music fits but try it with BD Pure Audio or BD Concert albums.

But also SACD and DVD-Audio do eat quite some space.

muha likes this.
  8. DELUCAS

Yes thats what i can see in photo but not to clear ……
    Id imagine someone will post a photo up of the area soon .
    then we will know . :)

9. Markswift2003

Zidoo have confirmed to me that there is no warranty issue in the user upgrading the SSD despite there being a security sticker over one of the retaining screws.

10. OlivierQC

Yes you are right Delucas,

For those who have a NEO S on this forum, could you please take a picture of the M2 location?

11. OlivierQC

Hello Nice monkey,

CalJake on AVSforum says the same thing and he also seems to say that he will install a 1tb model

12. Markswift2003

I’ll do that when I get home..

I’ve got one on my phone but can’t figure out how to get it on here :)

Last edited: Jan 6, 2022
  13. OlivierQC

Thank you Mark,

Would it be possible to have an official message from Zidoo?

14. Markswift2003

Do you not believe me?

15. Markswift2003

Here you go - the inside showing the SSD.

True to form for Zidoo the inside is nicely and logically laid out. If you open a Dune or Zappiti they generally look like someone's eaten a bunch of PCBs and been sick in a box.

!cid_bdbf22f5-d060-44c6-9b12-1d4ec8f56bb9@winuk.jpg

Last edited: Jan 6, 2022
    gymnos and sojer2005 like this.
  16. DELUCAS

Yep id say easy access for that M2 drive to be swapped .
    BIt tight but doo able .

17. Markswift2003

Three hex screws at the back and slide the (4.5mm machined aluminium) top off.

18. DELUCAS

Them M2 are used in pc as quick access for gamers to load games on fast …..
    But not to much speed difference between the newer faster read / write drives
    Reading Music or Movies etc cant see any benefit going the super fast M2 drives .

19. Markswift2003

It's a bit academic for me as all my music is centralised on the network since it's accessed by two servers (Squeezebox and Linn) and it certainly wouldn't fit on 1TB!!!

20. OlivierQC

Thanks for the picture Mark,

[​IMG]

--------------------

I believe you Mark and I hope you are not offended ?

--------------------

The change of M2 storage is not originally planned by Zidoo.

The NEO S accepts M2 up to 1tb

Zidoo suggests not to do it..... but if you do it anyway the warranty still applies

--------------------

I think it would be nice if Zidoo could be more specific about this... so that we can give official information for users who don't know you and don't come to this forum either.

Hopefully Zidoo Facebook will give me an answer.

See you soon