ZIDOO NEO A - NEO X - NEO S

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Aug 4, 2020.

1. mirak

mirak Member

It's a part of an incoming french forum test.
    I will give you the link when published.
    "Google Translator" will be your friend :D

2. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

:D

dr4go and muha like this.
  3. mirak

mirak Member

3 testers.

One compared the DAC to his own.

Another exclusively the headphone output.

And finally the third tester (the biggest part) for measurements, listening to headphones, DACs and video on TV and video projector.
    This third person has his first Zidoo in his hands. His expertise will be all the more interesting.

4. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

Ok, thank you :)

5. Natpolly

Natpolly New Member

Hello, everyone.

I see Zidoo Neo X with 2 versions, standard edition and founder edition.
    What is the difference between standard version and founder edition?
    Why is founder edition more expensive than standard edition?
    Does founder edition have better parts or components with better video and audio quality?

Thank you for your help and support.

6. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hello,

I have refreshed the information in my thread dedicated to the NEO range on HCFR.fr, to all Francophones do not hesitate to come

[​IMG]

See you soon​

Last edited: Oct 28, 2021
  7. mirak

mirak Member

8. OlivierQC

Thanks for the HCFR Mirak report :)

To summarize and in good French, the HCFR.fr report presents a mixed picture of the NEO X.... sold at 2000 Euros, the NEO X forces you to make compromises that can have an impact on your user experience...

As always we have an excellent quality of manufacture (as for all the Zidoo range) one of the strong point of the Zidoo company...but unfortunately...

A lack of maturity on the audio software part (and some gaps)

Also to underline, is this an atypical product that does a little bit of everything but does not stand out in anything... Is this the problem of being versatile as the NEO X offers?

The NEO X as already said in the previous messages is sold at an interesting price for this range of devices... Is it the low price that makes it possible to say that it is an interesting device ?

At 2000 Euros potential users of this type of device would have the right to expect a little more than having the same applications and their flaws (MP6) as with a 210 Euros Z9X.

As a NEO X tester pointed out...a lot of work to do for Zidoo

------------------------

Mirak kindly answered one of my questions...is there a device close to the NEO X ?

He said no, except maybe the South Korean brand ROSE which according to Mirak has a device with such versatility (more limited for headphone amplification and for its internal construction) but I don't know what their audio and video applications are worth.

[​IMG]

Thanks to him​

9. mirak

mirak Member

It does stand out for almost everything except the music app !

10. OlivierQC

Hello Mirak,

Unfortunately it also has one or more unresolved video features

And for a device sold in the high-end ''HIFI AUDIO'' range, the current shortcomings on the Audio part should not be present, let's hope as usual that Zidoo will improve this part...but it doesn't seem to be the case now.
    when you write that the NEO X stands out for almost everything except the music application!" that's a bit much.

This is just my opinion

11. muha

muha Active Member

Pure example of irony.

12. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

NEO S up for pre order for Dec 1st price £1099.99 562DBFAE-8F6E-4476-9356-5A6979950AFE.png

13. OlivierQC

For North Americans it seems cheaper

[​IMG]

14. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

American prices are as always about the same just in $ instead of € as we like taxes over here.

15. OlivierQC

For French people, according to Mirak, you have to add 20% of taxes to the posted price, which would give about 1350 Euros.

We can say that Zidoo adjusts the price of its devices to cover a large customer base

Z9X 250$
    Z1000PRO 450$
    UHD3000 980$
    NEO S1320$
    NEO X 1940$

See you soon

16. myzidoo

myzidoo Active Member Beta test group

Is the Neo-X roon ready now ??
    Haven't seen any progress in this matter....

17. OlivierQC

Hello

Here is an answer from Zidoo

Fully understand that many Zidoo fans are waiting for Roon ready, we will let you
    know once it is certified for UHD3000/NEO X and NEO S.

Currently Zidoo Z9X, Z10PRO and Z1000PRO are already Roon Ready.

Regarding to difference of NEO X and NEO S, they have different DACs, remote controls, internal hard drives and connectors.

Nice Monkey likes this.
  18. myzidoo

merci pour l'info

19. myzidoo

IT's actually ironic that the "expensive" players geared clearly towards audiophiles are the ones that do not have a roon certification yet....over half a year after the announcement of roon readiness to come for Neo-X

20. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

I have no clue how long the Roon process takes to certify a device? The newer devices are not yet certified but the older are.
    I understand they do this physically having a box at their possession.