ZIDOO NEO A - NEO X - NEO S

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Of course not Olivier ;)

2. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Cool and I have nothing against you, but it's always better to have an official message if I have to talk about it on other forums, this is my opinion.

3. andrewrona

andrewrona Member

Thanks for all the info, I have now managed to do FFT from my mac, its nearly as quick uploading as a usb3 drive ! Iam not bothered about changing for a larger drive just yet because of FFT being so easy and quick for adding and removing. Sorted the clock now so very pleased indeed. Once Iam happy with burn in I will compare my internal files with spotify / jriver streaming, like for like , and see where that goes.

4. Markswift2003

Further note on SSD replacement - the metal shield between the power supplies and motherboards sits slightly over the SSD module so has to be raised in order to remove the SSD - it sits in runners cut into the side panels, so just slides up:

SSD1.jpg

SSD2.jpg

And for those interested, it does have a TTL UART socket on the motherboard:

TTL.jpg

gymnos, pcristi and Sledgehamma like this.
  5. OlivierQC

Hello Mark,

Thanks for all these pictures.

Can I use them on other forums?

The shield seems to be in plastic ? I'm not an expert but it should not be in metal ?

6. OlivierQC

As you and Nice Monkey said, the layout of the electronic components is very neat.

it's as beautiful on the outside as on the inside

andrewrona likes this.
  7. Markswift2003

Yes of course.

The shield is metal - judging by the weight I'd say painted aluminium.

8. OlivierQC

Thanks Mark,

Ok great, on the picture it looked like black plastic to me

9. andrewrona

andrewrona Member

Is there any internal fuses?

10. Markswift2003

Not internal, no - there is a fuse on the incoming mains supply accessible on the back panel.

11. andrewrona

andrewrona Member

Good , thanks.

12. Brad Scott

Brad Scott New Member

Any update on the Roon certification process?

13. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Roon ready for UHD3000 will be soon.

14. andrewrona

andrewrona Member

Whats so good about Roon anyway ?

15. Brad Scott

Brad Scott New Member

I couldn’t find the change list but here is what Zidoo support said:
    Hello. Sir
    We are working on this.
    UHD 3000 has roon certified two days ago, Neo S and Neo X will get it soon and they should have this certified together.

16. iyth

iyth New Member

so,how about the progress of neo x & neo s passing roon cetifaction?

17. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

The New :
    F973C6AF-0A76-4A5C-AAF7-07F43ADE32D7.jpeg 364E5569-F669-4EA4-98F8-9F3C5AF1A8D4.jpeg
    ZIDOO NEO ALPHA

Functional overview

XMOS 216+ESS9038Pro DAC hardware decoding,DSD512/PCM768KHz 32Bit and MQA.
    Dual HDMI audio and video separation output, multi-channel DSD (2.0/5.1CH) playback and DSD Native output.
    430 standard dimension, excellent texture with all-aluminum alloy reinforced chassis and shockproof foot pad.
    5-inch OLED high-definition touch screen will display general settings, music playback status and touch control.
    RTD1619DR SOC with 4K@60Hz, Dolby Vision/HDR10+.
    4G DDR4 RAM and 32G eMMC storage;512G SSD for local media storage.
    Internal 3.5”/2.5” HDD bay, up to 18T large capacity hard drive (hard drive isn't included).
    Dual power supplies, linear power supply and digital power supply.
    4K 60Hz, HDR (HDR10/HLG/HDR10+/Dolby Vision), 12Bit, BT.2020 wide color range and YCbCr 4:4:4.
    Support DSD (SACD ISO, DSF, DFF), WAV, FLAC, APE lossless audio formats and multi-sampling seamless playback.
    High-performance Bluetooth decoding with Qualcomm flagship QCC5125 module, support APTX HD, LDAC audio reception.
    6.35 headphone jack, two gain modes switching, the internal headphone amp can drive 16-300 Ω high impedance headphone.
    Multi-stage operation amplifier, fully balanced circuit design, XLR balanced and RCA output.
    Support asynchronous USB DAC input, monitor-level sound card performance, compatible with Windows, MAC, IOS, Android.
    XMOS XU216, MQA full decoding and dual femtosecond active crystal oscillator.
    Rigorous circuit design, manufacturing process and selected components.
    Based on Linux video decoding and output framework to output image quality with high reproduction.
    Support almost all Dolby vision formats and complete processing for stunning image quality.
    VS10 engine supports content mapping and colors similar with Dolby vision, the image quality is greatly improved.
    Poster wall management system supports automatic intelligent scanning, custom classification and movie info management.
    Gigabit wired network and 2.4G+5G dual-band 802.11 AC 2T2R 867Mbps WiFi.
    CD-ROM playback and CD Ripping are supported. It can connect with BD (non-encrypted)/CD discs.
    New Music Player supports personalized configuration, lyrics matching and track data matching.
    Support streaming services AirPlay, DLNA, Spotify and Roon Ready etc.
    Support Optical and Coaxial audio input and USB Audio Native, Optical, HDMI digital audio bit-perfect output.
    Support multiple network protocols such as NFS, SMB v1/v2/v3,
    UPnP and Web DAV.
    SMB sharing allow to transmit local media files
    stored in Zidoo hard drive to other devices.

: Thread title updated

Last edited: Jun 1, 2022
    gymnos likes this.
  18. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member