v6.4.18 Firmware Update

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by nc88keyz, Jul 15, 2022.

Tags:
  1. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

I had no issues with G version on Z1000 Pro. I reboot twice after the flash update and pull power from main, run clean sweeper afterwards. No issues to report.

2. serg fedorov

serg fedorov Active Member

There are no problems when you do not use third-party applications. It is with them that problems arise on the firmware with G, namely, they can fly out.
    Personally, I had problems with crashes on HT4 and UAPP. And also the overall speed of zidoo slows down when you use firmware with G.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2022
  3. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I have to be honest and say your statement is rather rude (after looking up what it means) and not called for, especially from one Active Member to another. If, and I say "If", there are issues with this firmware then I feel sure you'll appreciate the disclaimer you have now added to the top of this thread. I know you are being helpful but I don't recall ever seeing an update released this way and it is mainly for this reason that I said what I did. I just wish @mirror or even @Markswift2003 would add their tuppence worth here - I'm not sure why they haven't done so already.

I use my Z1000 Pro extensively for both Film watching and Music listening. Without tempting fate I have NEVER had an issue regarding the firmwares to date - I always just switch off and then back on after an update. Never had a crash, never done a reset or re-flash and to be honest I don't want to start now - this is me being me, not an attempt to rubbish what others do. But I'm worried now because I always use the _G firmware and always use UAPP. So in my situation this is another reason to give this update a miss, at least for now until there's more feedback.

This update seems to offer much, particularly with the added function of decoding DSD multi-channel into PCM multi-channel. Whilst not a huge fan of MCH music, I acknowledge that Studio Technology has significantly moved forward and I really need to have a good and long audition of some titles. But I'll wait for now. I'm sorry if I have upset anyone, that wasn't my intention.

4. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

If this is snatched from a Chinese server how it comes the download url is official zidoo server?

5. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

It is snatched from an internal Zidoo server in China. Is meant for a local test community in China. Nothing dangerous about using it but definitely not tested yet as stable to be released. Even not as a Beta. We have seen more of these escapes before using that same source.

Not really relevant but do recommend myself to wait for direct Zidoo publications above all because downgrading is not that easy.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2022
    coyote2 likes this.
  6. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Well there you have it - not for general Zidoo owners' consumption

7. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

Great question. If Zidoo wanted it removed, they could remove them from the server or rename them pretty much at anytime. If there was an issue other than they were not ready for release they would have already done so. Anything you install on your zidoo or flash for that matter you do so at your own risk unless it comes in the form of an OVER THE AIR update polled from your box to Zidoo servers. An emergency recovery would be at your own risk as well. We live in the wild wild west today with technology living on the edge and dare I say thirsty for new betas.

8. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

I always follow my lawyers advice on received correspondence “ let it sit on the table and fester a bit!”

rozel likes this.
  9. coyote2

coyote2 Member

Thanks for mentioning this, I didn't know, I guessed that downgrading might be just a matter of flashing an earlier version. Where can I learn about downgrading, please?

10. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

coyote2 likes this.
  11. serg fedorov

serg fedorov Active Member

I use this firmware for two days and my impressions are only positive. Fixed issues that annoyed me. For example, a full disk or UHD remux (in folders) on previous firmware did not work well with AFR and VS10, i.e. either the AFR worked, but the VS10 did not, or vice versa, and only 3-5 times it started up normally. On this firmware, everything works correctly.
    The music player is just great. Finally added settings to the player itself and no need to go to quick settings every time. External DAC works stably. Added all sorts of improvements.
    I believe that at the moment, this firmware is the most successful of all the previous ones.
    Fears about 18 firmware are completely in vain. Working, stable.
    It remains to fix the trailers and it will be great.

vddan likes this.
  12. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

Did you try some videos with a DTS-HD MA track? No audio dropout?

I experienced that with a MKV Remux and I had to use the 15sec rewind to get it back. I didn't keep this firmware so I didn't try with other ones than this movie.

13. coyote2

coyote2 Member

14. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

This is a stable but middle-road firmware. We’re anxiously waiting an official release almost a couple of months later!!

15. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I'm on a mountain on the Umbria/Tuscany border.

dr4go, muha, giangi76 and 2 others like this.
  16. darkeyes909

darkeyes909 Active Member

What is clean sweeper?

17. m0j0

m0j0 New Member

Installed this firmware version on two different Z9X's I have and seems to be doing well in both cases. No stability issues that I have run into whatsoever. This is with the Non-G version.

18. george kmb

george kmb New Member

Hello people, anyone have an idea why since the previous firmware any movie i tried to watch suddenly stops at a certain point and drops me back to ht4? And after i restart the movie and fast forward to the exact point in does it again? And i mean EVERY movie either 1080p or 4k and sdr hdr or dv.
    Practically i can't watch anything…
    Any solutions?

19. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Factory reset maybe?

20. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Since v6.7.17
    1. Optimized the display of current output information of ROON.
    2. Fixed the problem that the Music Player occasionally crashes when
    opening the playback details interface.
    3. Modified the occasional scanning errors in the Music Player.
    4. Optimized the problem that some albums are displayed incorrectly in the Music Player.
    5. Fixed the problem that the DSD output sample rate of the Music Player is displayed incorrectly.
    6. Fixed the problem that the soundtrack of the Poster Wall does not take effect.
    7. Fixed the problem that Chinese trailers could not be obtained occasionally on the Poster Wall.
    8. Optimized file manager NFS mount.
    9.Added rescanning function in Music Player.
    10.Fixed the problem that MQA music with CUE files cannot output as MQA format in the Music Player.
    11. Optimized the USB audio play DSD Native function.

Since v6.7.06
    System
    1. Optimized the USB audio function.
    2. Fixed the problem that the audio input is incorrectly switched by the shortcut key of the source selection.
    3. Optimized system languages translation.
    4. Optimized occasional ROON connection failure problem.
    5. Optimized the volume pass-through mode, when the HDMI cable is unplugged, the sound from Optical is low.
    6. Added the function of decoding DSD multi-channel into PCM multi-channel.
    7. Added Tidal connect function.(Only for UHD3000)

Poster wall
    1. Added the function to mark watched icon manually for TV series.
    2. Added manual tagging function on the movie details interface.
    3. Optimized NFO information loading.
    4. Optimized the problem that the trailer cannot be obtained.
    5. Fixed the problem that the playback record of Trakt TV series is incorrect.
    6. Optimized the IMDB score function.
    7. Optimized the soundtrack function.
    8. Optimized the manual matching function of TV series.

Local player
    1. Optimized the problem that subtitles cannot be searched for some films.
    2. Added the default subtitle and audio track functions for MKV movies.
    3. Added more playback interfaces for third-party players.
    4. Modified the problem that fast forwarding to the end of the video does not take effect.
    5. Optimized the problem that the automatic frame rate of some films does not take effect.
    6. Optimized the problem that subtitles of some films do not take effect when external subtitles are prioritized.
    7. Added MKV video subtitle follow subtitle disable flag.
    8. Fixed the occasional problem that the subtitles are not effective in mobile phone controller.
    9. Optimized forced subtitle settings.
    10. Optimized playback stability.

Music player
    1. Added sorting function for songs album and artist.
    2. The song list shows in the album of relevant artist.
    3. Optimized the display of lyrics.
    4. Added the function of clearing the image cache.
    5. Optimized the display of artist information.
    6. Optimized the display of artist details album user interface.
    7. Optimized the display of the number of SACD sound channels.
    8. Added SACD preferred locale settings.
    9. Optimized the decoding setting function.
    10. Optimized the online matching function.
    11. Fixed the problem that the album interface is not sorted correctly.
    12. Optimized the sampling rate decoding setting.
    13. Added the support for SACD file CUE.

Boot Wizard
    1. Optimized some language translation errors.
    2. Optimized the sampling rate decoding setting.

Quick Settings
    1. Optimized some language translation errors.
    2. Optimized the sampling rate control function.
    3. Added the audio EDID display of the current output device.
    4. Optimized the default language setting function under the playback setting menu.

dr4go, McBluna, TifKag and 3 others like this.