v6.4.18 Firmware Update

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by nc88keyz, Jul 15, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

Download in Sydney was 45minutes and I have a premium high speed connection.

2. cVVGLabs

cVVGLabs Active Member

A full list of changes would be nice.
    About the speed at which someone downloads, this is of course good. But I would like more information on the firmware.

3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

The change list below is for Neo FW v6.7.17 and should apply mostly also for v6.4.17 but don't blame me for any differences.
    I don't think MP7 is fully stable on this FW either but anyway a lot better than old MP6.

System
    1. Optimized the USB audio function.
    2. Modified the problem that online streaming applications like Disney cannot be played.
    3. Optimized system languages translation.
    4. Optimized occasional ROON connection failure problem.
    5. Optimized the volume pass-through mode, when the HDMI cable is unplugged, the sound from Optical is low.
    6. Added the function of decoding DSD multi-channel into PCM multi-channel.
    7. Fixed the problem that the audio input is incorrectly switched by the shortcut key of the source selection.
    8. Added Tidal connect function.

Poster wall
    1. Added the function to mark watched icon manually for TV series.
    2. Added manual tagging function on the movie details interface.
    3. Optimized NFO information loading.
    4. Optimized the problem that the trailer cannot be obtained.
    5. Fixed the problem that the playback record of Trakt TV series is incorrect.
    6. Optimized the IMDB score function.
    7. Optimized the soundtrack function.
    8. Optimized the manual matching function of TV series.

Local player
    1. Optimized the problem that subtitles cannot be searched for some films.
    2. Added the default subtitle and audio track functions for MKV movies.
    3. Added more playback interfaces for third-party players.
    4. Modified the problem that fast forwarding to the end of the video does not take effect.
    5. Optimized the problem that the automatic frame rate of some films does not take effect.
    6. Optimized the problem that subtitles of some films do not take effect when external subtitles are prioritized.
    7. Added MKV video subtitle filtering disable flag function.
    8. Fixed the occasional problem that the subtitles are not effective in mobile phone controller.
    9. Optimized forced subtitle settings.
    10. Optimized playback stability.

Music player
    1. Added sorting function for songs album and artist.
    2. The song list shows in the album of relevant artist.
    3. Optimized the display of lyrics.
    4. Added the function of clearing the image cache.
    5. Optimized the display of artist information.
    6. Optimized the display of artist details album user interface.
    7. Optimized the display of the number of SACD sound channels.
    8. Added SACD preferred locale settings.
    9. Optimized the decoding setting function.
    10. Optimized the online matching function.
    11. Fixed the problem that the album interface is not sorted correctly.
    12. Optimized the sampling rate decoding setting.
    13. Added the support for SACD file CUE.

Boot Wizard
    1. Optimized some language translation errors.
    2. Optimized the sampling rate decoding setting.

Quick Settings
    1. Optimized some language translation errors.
    2. Optimized the sampling rate control function.
    3. Added the audio EDID display of the current output device.
    4. Optimized the default language setting function under the playback setting menu.

dr4go, nc88keyz and pcristi like this.
  4. serg fedorov

serg fedorov Active Member

NOOO!!! Does not work!

thenextvision likes this.
  5. Nice Monkey

I understand it can now be obtained but just doesn't play next. One needs to be precise. ;)

6. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

Next time when want to get FW release on Zidoo apidl server(qiniu.com.w.cdngslb) use JDownloader 2, will get in 5-8 minutes.

Netmask likes this.
  7. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

Thanks. I tried another standard Windows download tonight and it took 40 seconds, so I guess when I tried earlier the server was just busy - I'll give JDownloader 2 later and compare.

8. coyote2

coyote2 Member

Would my Zidoo ever have notified me that a firmware upgrade was available? The update window couldn't even find it. So I guess that's why everyone is downloading it.

9. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

This is not an official release. BTW, most of the time, you have to download and to install the beta versions in manual. :)

coyote2 likes this.
  10. coyote2

coyote2 Member

Ah, so people who are not using betas (or G versions) do get an onscreen notification when there's an update? (Since there's a box to check for betas, seems like beta notification is viable.)

11. Nice Monkey

This a pré-beta just snatched from a Chinese server. :rolleyes:

Some real Beta's come via OTA above all it seems for Neo models. ;)

coyote2 likes this.
  12. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I think the title of this thread is misleading and gives the impression that it's an Official Beta Release, especially for newer members. I think the mods need to intervene. Until @mirror adds his signature and/or produces a new thread, I will not be installing

thenextvision and coyote2 like this.
  13. coyote2

coyote2 Member

Thanks to you both, I appreciate the info. I actually learned of it at https://www.mcbluna.net/wp/zidoo-model-overview/zidoo-uhd3000-firmware-download/, I just came here to see whether people found it problematic. It seems to be working for me as AngryVirginian mentioned it was for them.

I shall be more patient in the future. Heck, the changelog suggests it's mostly about Music features and I'm not even using Music.

darkeyes909 likes this.
  14. serg fedorov

In my opinion, this firmware is better than 4.06.
    Mirror can make mistakes and upload not quite suitable firmware. You can remember the epics from the 80s firmware, which were published almost daily. Corrected along the way, as well as the ht4 version.

15. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

That's fair comment but @mirror takes responsibility. Who takes responsibility for this one? Do we know if numerically, future firmware releases will follow on? Rogue firmwares can result in future official ones not being able to be installed.

16. serg fedorov

I'm not worried that in the future there is a possibility of being unable to flash with official ones. To eliminate this risk, I have a full image of firmware 0.22.
    Actually, I almost always flash it like that. First, the full image is 0.22, and then I install the latest firmware.

17. cVVGLabs

cVVGLabs Active Member

Sergey. Good evening!!! I wrote to you privately, but have not received a response. So I'll ask a question here. From 6.04.06 is it worth upgrading to this one or not?

18. serg fedorov

I think yes. I have upgraded and have no regrets yet. Muses. player is better, home. cinema stable.
    Just update with the version without G. I first installed with G, but this firmware is as unstable as 4.06, namely crashes. Then I installed it on a clean (after installing 0.22) version without G. Now everything works fine, it quickly and correctly scans music and movies.

cVVGLabs likes this.
  19. Nice Monkey

I would say yes if you actively use Music Player only.

cVVGLabs likes this.
  20. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

It was specifically titled to NOT replicate official zidoo firmware beta subject line. Install at your own risk. You will also now have to copy and paste the link manually from the code tags. MD5 was included from the start if you wanted to verify the integrity of the file from the download source.

Original Post updated to appease the peanut gallery

Last edited: Jul 16, 2022