v6.4.18 Firmware Update

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by nc88keyz, Jul 15, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Last edited: Jul 27, 2022
  2. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Hmm - I thought that I was getting higher than that - I was looking at the Album information, thinking that I was actually getting 96kHz in one particular case when I was reviewing a (96kHz) MCH SACD last week (see above post #146). My Amp at the time just showed PCM. Could you confirm how you realised you were getting 44.1kHz please?

I'd completely forgotten about your above Post - I see you have added a small section in Chapter 2. about fw 6.4.18 but really your post needs updating to reflect the capabilities of MP7 imho. I shall return to my MCH SACD and see what my Amp shows if I press "Info" on it, playing it back in MP7, otherwise is there a way to establish the resolution in MP7?.

@Nice Monkey In my above post I asked about whether or not there's a Gapless Playback setting and @muha said have a look for one called "connect continuous tracks". I cannot find this - any ideas? Also I would really appreciate your feedback about my other observations too if you can please.

Thanks

3. Nice Monkey

I think it is all in chapter-2 (Zidoo peculiarities).
    Since FW6.0.90 Zidoo implemented MP Stereo gapless playback on all platforms for playlists/folders containing tracks with the same sampling-rate only. This is ON implicitly and can't be switched off.
    On UHD3000 and Neo HiFi models one can chose to play the same way using "native sampling-rate" or at a specified re-sampling-rate. When doing the later all tracks will be down or up sampled to that specified rate and next be played gapless as a whole.
    Gapless is not supported for MCH output neither in PCM nor SACD.

Just let me know what you are missing.

4. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Ahh, I see that Gapless MCH isn't supported - shame.
    And is there a way to have Zidoo report the actual resolution of files being output?

5. Nice Monkey

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...ms-upto-fw-v6-4-06-no-feature-requests.84836/
    Guess what #25 is all about.

In fact Zidoo does so nicely on Neo models using the Front Panel with MP: Sample rate + Sample size.
    Just look at the pictures included with my Neo X review.

6. crutzulee

crutzulee Member

OK.. so this, and Federov's post has me a little bit more interested in this latest beta. I have zero need for music enhancement and am only interested in movie performance.

I will still probably hold back on this update until there are more people confirming that there is improvement in that respect. As much as the ZIDOO has been an improvement over my NVIDIA SHIELD, I do sometimes feel that some HDR/DV material lack the expected punch (brightness?) that I would expect. What firmware were you on before? Can you in some way quantify the difference you are seeing?

I run everything LDDV to my JVC projector and use one of Mark's custom gammas and his built in EDID. I love the elimination of syncs, and feel that the picture is better than what I had before, but would love to see a bit more punch on HDR/DV material.

7. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

8. Nice Monkey

Repeat: It is displayed on the Front Panel of Neo players only.

Music Player.JPG

That was the second part of my answer.

9. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Thanks for the clarification - you failed to say it is displayed on Neo players only.

10. muha

muha Active Member

Sorry I was away when I replied to your post.
    Unfortunately this setting is something related to how tracks are displayed.
    What I had on my mind was this Merge Split Track setting.
    Screenshot_20220727-165752.jpg

This will be my last meaningful post. Today I am dismantling all setup (audio and video). Next Thursday Ill be in Boston. MA, and next time Ill see my beloved Z10 Pro will be in July 2023.

Peace, Love and Unity to you all.

11. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

And to you to my friend - thank you for your help and support - speak next year hopefully :)

muha likes this.
  12. Nice Monkey

A media player always goes with me wherever I go. :rolleyes:

nc88keyz likes this.
  13. muha

muha Active Member

Well in my case it will be LG PH450UG, Samsung Level Speaker, Intel NUC, and when I arrive with short visit to Walmart, onn android tv, enough to run HBO Max and Disney +.
    Within a year, we will see what happens. I already have Wii U waiting for me there (for my kids).

14. Nice Monkey

Have a nice stay. Will be glad to see you on the forum anytime. ;)

muha likes this.
  15. coyote2

coyote2 Member

I was thrilled to learn the answer when my Zidoo notified me a few days ago of 6.04.20G. Very nice to not have to look for updates.

16. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

First (possibly the second time) ever - a big reason why I'm on here a lot lol!

coyote2 likes this.
  17. coyote2

coyote2 Member

Oh for heaven's sake, you mean I was just lucky that the first Update since I got my Zidoo was about the only time a notification ever occurred? Thank you very much for that news, rozel!

For those times when one is too busy to monitor this forum, I've find it quicker to monitor
    https://www.mcbluna.net/wp/zidoo-model-overview/zidoo-uhd3000-firmware-download/ (Though that led me to grab 6.04.18G not knowing it wasn't officially released.)

18. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Haha yes! Most of the updates have been "beta" and you need to download these via @mirror 's post announcements or wait a bit for the wonderful Mr McBluna to update them to his website - downloads from there can be quicker, especially quickly after the release is posted here. There have been a couple of "alpha" releases but these need careful consideration before installing. Beta releases are normally released for the Z9X boxes first followed by the releases for the other boxes a week or so later if there haven't been any issues. You know about the _G and non-G versions and the only other "release" was the recent "back-door" one namely the v6. 4.(.7).18 one recently. "4" releases are for the Z9X, Z10 Pro, Z1000 Pro and UHD3000 models and "7" releases seem to be for the overpriced (imho) Neo models. Welcome to the Zidoo forum for the 1619 SOC - which for the newcomer is structured in what can only be described by me as a complete mess. Hope I've helped and sorry to the Mods, SuperUsers and Well known members who I may have upset by saying this (again).

coyote2 likes this.