v6.4.18 Firmware Update

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by nc88keyz, Jul 15, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Serg111m1

Serg111m1 New Member

Well! Call to order and tell what to do - THERE (in private messages)!!

2. serg fedorov

serg fedorov Active Member

There are 4 pieces of wallpaper from zidoo left. When the screen saver is turned on, the sound stutters.
    Zidoo-DAC USB - receiver.

RESOLVED.
    Developer mode - usb debugging - for the splash screen.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2022
  3. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Has that resolved all your issues, in particular UAPP flying out?

4. serg fedorov

serg fedorov Active Member

On this firmware, the UAPP does not flying out.
    But now I have stopped using this player. I really liked the MP7. Now I only use them.
    USB debugging solved the problem of sound stuttering in mp7 when the screen saver is on.

5. wolfy196

wolfy196 New Member

CEC still not working as it should. I have to go manually to and from HDMI on the TV to view the Zidoo. Still no trailers.

6. Capitan Solo

Capitan Solo Member

HDMI IN ISSUES

Here I am again (unfortunately!).

Nothing has changed with latest BIOS Z9X_P_v6.4.18_202207151632_ota-package.zip (THE UMPTEENTH BIOS SINCE THE Z9X WAS RELEASED!!!)

If I try to record an entire movie, a sport event and so on, for unknown reasons:

- NEW issue: doing a recording of less than 30 minutes (the only time frame where Z9X is able to records through HDMI IN port), now, after 5/6 minutes, the recording miss the audio!
    - something happens after 00:30:00 (hh:mm:ss) that force the exit from HDMI record feature and back Zidoo to its "home page"
    - seems to completes his job, but when I try to play the resulted file, I receive a message that inform me that the file is corrupted/unreadable... :(

I've opened again a request to Zidoo... but after 2 years, I've some doubt that just now they'll reply.

In fact:

upload_2022-7-22_23-35-10.png

upload_2022-7-22_23-35-20.png

NO NEWS FROM 30.05.2022 ... :(

TO ALL PEOPLE WHO WOULD LIKE TO TAKE A ZIDOO FIRSTLY TO RECORD VIA HDMI IN: DON'T BUY (TODAY ...) THE Z9X BECAUSE IT DOESN'T WORK AT ALL!!!
    THINK RATHER OF BUYING A ZIDOO X10 (OR A Z9S), EVEN IF TECHNOLOGICALLY OLDER

Thanks in advance for the attention.

Paolo Stanic

Last edited: Jul 22, 2022
  7. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

Tonight I tried Orange Cream Pop Filled Twizzlers.

They are dreamy

Oh,

How are you liking the firmware leak? Any new issues discovered?

8. Gordon Freeman

Gordon Freeman New Member

DON'T UPDATE TO 6.4.18 It's a transfer from NEO S / a its not working correctly to Z9X!!!!

9. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Please give your reasons and explain what isn't working

xskip and serg fedorov like this.
  10. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

No it’s not.

11. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Bull crap. I've been using it for several days and works just fine.

muha, nc88keyz, xskip and 2 others like this.
  12. Polypenko

Polypenko Active Member

Being a very unpatient person I also installed this version on my Z1000pro last sunday, no problems encountered sofar
    under normal conditions.

The scanning of the Musicplayer improved tremendously.

Even so I just went back to 6.4.0.6.G since this version is leaked and not approved by Zigoo Team, eventhough we think the basic motherboards are all the same, minor changes/difference in de firmwares might be added or deleted.

Hence please also realize that future over the air updates might be restricted or not even possible.

People shoud realize that using same is entirely at your own risk, and if you brick your mp and recovery is no longer possible, so be it.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2022
    thenextvision likes this.
  13. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Going back using the emergency procedure is more risky than keeping it till the next official update I think. It is not a bad FW.
    Don't recommend going down that road once installed. Just wait for a Zidoo announced new version instead.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  14. Polypenko

Polypenko Active Member

Recovery went perfectly, in the future I will only download offical firmwares and not leaked versions.

15. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

It is an official beta, zidoo just hasn't released it . The MD5 is included and its from zidoo servers.Not defending it, just saying it would not have been in beta package if it was dangerous , it would have been uncomplied or alpha.

vddan and serg fedorov like this.
  16. Polypenko

Polypenko Active Member

Okay, but why is this version not yet released by Zidoo for Beta testing by the common users?

17. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

These are the official release notes by @mirror, that are posted in this thread.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2022
  18. Polypenko

Polypenko Active Member

Saw them, but still strange no oficial release by the Zidoo team.

19. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Not every beta is released publicly - some are just to address specific problems or to include incremental changes to be incorporated in a public release later.

xskip likes this.
  20. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

There is always TX/RX on debug port method of restoring firmware after a very very slim possibility of brick on the Realtek SOC. Both Mediatek and Realtek SOCs are very difficult to brick permanently.