Upcoming Zidoo Model Z9X Pro and Z20 Pro

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by McBluna, Apr 26, 2023.

1. Jimbo Randy

Jimbo Randy Active Member

Haha yea. So how bad is it? Do you think Plex would get bogged down too? Is your hard drive connected to the Zidoo?

2. gollygosh

gollygosh Member

Many drives connected via USB and some via SMB from a PC and a NAS.
    As for performance, well it is clunky, I can not use the full size poster wall, as it populates incredibly slowly.

I don't use Plex - so ??

3. Jimbo Randy

Got it. I was just asking a hypothetical about Plex. I was curious if even Plex would start to slow down with thousands of library entries. I use Plex on our other Roku TV and I used to use it on the Shield before I got a Zidoo.

4. Puppy75

Puppy75 New Member

Hi Markswift2003, do you know if there will be a new z1000 pro ? (planning to change my z9x for a model with hard drive) Or maybe it's a secret :D

5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Of course it's a secret! :D

(I don't know)

6. fnhanks

fnhanks Member

Was really hoping for a faster SoC :( The UI on this is just really slow compared to my shield. I love the device, but it is woefully underpowered.

7. szewi

szewi New Member

Hey, is there a plan to refresh Z1000 Pro and UHD3000 too ? Is Realtek chip different in the upcoming models ?

Last edited: May 6, 2023
  8. Markswift2003

I mean I know it's not as butter smooth as the front end of a shield, but the shield has way way less to do as far as file access and processing is concerned.

But "woefully underpowered" is a bit harsh :)

Excuse the crap video and reflections..
    https://streamable.com/ks41y5

9. vddan

vddan Active Member

I would like this to be so quick to me !!!
    By cons you have few files compared to me ............. I run at around 6000 files!

10. Markswift2003

The maximum I've tried was a library of about 4000 including TV series and the performance was the same.

The problem with a big library is that the images need to be cached once before it works like that, so you have to scroll through from top to bottom to allow the posters to populate. But you only have to do that once.

I agree it could definitely be better.

11. vddan

vddan Active Member

OK thanks ;)

12. Jimbo Randy

Anything is better than Plex on Android....

13. Markswift2003

Most things are better than Plex on any platform.

Jimbo Randy likes this.
  14. Puppy75

Puppy75 New Member

Oki thank you for your answer i will wait and see :D

15. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

My view on these boxes is very simple: The Realtek RTD1619BPD SOC is launched to keep customers away from (cheap) Amlogic S905X4-K based boxes.
    The SOC update adds exactly the new goodies coming with those including 4 Gbyte RAM and 32 Gbyte Flash but without the various HW drawbacks/limitations.
    By the way I do also own a "Dune HD Homatics Box R 4K Plus" and a full review is in the making (AVforum). You may ask questions there.

So do I expect the other models to get also such upgrade? The answer is no that will need a much bigger investment and will wait for a real innovative SOC.
    I see the current practical difference for my use only for Youtube as it deploys the new codecs here and there.

Last edited: May 13, 2023
    darkeyes909 likes this.
  16. Markswift2003

Agreed, and hopefully that's what it will do - certainly the BPD will be exclusive to Zidoo for quite a while.

Be very interested what you make of the Homatics box (door stop maybe ;) )

17. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

No definitely not. :rolleyes:
    Absolutely unusable as a doorstop. It is small enough but also extremely light. :D

Markswift2003 likes this.
  18. Puppy75

Puppy75 New Member

For what i saw on dune website, with the Amlogic S905X4-K, we lost the VS10. Personally I use it on HDR10 videos because it makes disappear posterization in dark scene on my TV (65oled706).

19. Markswift2003

Yep - it's severely hamstrung compared to the Realtek devices.

20. Franconian

Franconian Active Member

Useless product for Z9X owners (like the Z9S was useless for X9S users and had no real benefit at all).