1. Dear all,
    As China's National Day approach, we're gearing up for a seven-day holiday from October 1th to October 7th. Please feel free to contact service@zidoo.tv/service@eversolo.com for any urgent messages during the holiday. we'll be back in action and ready to assist you with all your needs starting from October 8th. Thank you for your understanding and continued support!

Warmest regards,

Zidoo & Eversolo Team
    Dismiss Notice

Upcoming Zidoo Model Z9X Pro and Z20 Pro

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by McBluna, Apr 26, 2023.

1. jehangir kh

jehangir kh Member

Hi mate
    I ve also got Oled. I have got z2600 before i had z9x. They are fine for audio. Can play any format of audio and video files. But the issue i noticed this device and previous zidoo. Does not play file with natural color and detail. Sometimes too much noise and video is not smooth and sometimes too much bright color loose all natural detail of picture but when i play same file by usb it gives very natual and good detail and picture quality. I still do not understand it is cause by framerate problems or yuv and color issues with device. It did not meet expectation. I have got sony bluray player it plays all downloaded files but does not play atmos. :(

2. Papi

Papi New Member

I'm in a similar situation. I have a Synology NAS, and I use PLEX on my TV. Some video files with audio are not presented correctly, especially when it comes to the audio.My Panasonic UB 820 Blu-ray player is excellent, but I realize that its software is a bit outdated, and it doesn't support certain video files, particularly the audio. That's why I started considering an alternative, and on paper, Zidoo looks promising. However, I don't want to buy another device if it turns out that some aspect of this whole setup remains unresolved.

3. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

Must be something wrong with your drive. Cause I use a 16tb without any issues.

4. tc2007

tc2007 Active Member

The Zidoo on paper is much better than Plex on TV. The newer series products have some bugs which should be fixed in upcoming firmware updates. The risk is in this assumption. That being said, you can buy the previous lineup products and they have been working much better for me.

I currently have a Z9X Pro and I have 2 major issues:

1. I cannot access my USB hard drives on Kodi or other 3rd party apps.
    2. The built in video player doesn't play some (1%) of my rips properly. It hangs for some reason and sometimes doesn't skip chapters. But for most of the videos, no issues with playback.

darkeyes909 likes this.
  5. jehangir kh

jehangir kh Member

Hi
    Well zidoo plays anything and everything so far amd all sound farmats as long as your tv and sound system supports. Go for it. But you need to work out which settings best match for your tv.

Papi likes this.
  6. jehangir kh

jehangir kh Member

Hi
    It can play everything but its lacking in good picture quality probably due to EDID. something is difenitely wrong. I sent emails to support but never replied back.

7. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

Actually the picture quality is pretty good. Maybe mention your setup cause I think you have a problem with your setup that is causing the degradation in picture quality. You are the first person I have ever heard on these forums complain about the picture quality since the black level bug 1.5 years ago using the VS10 engine.

8. jehangir kh

jehangir kh Member

Hi

there is some issue i do not know what causing that. I changed hdmi cable. Even played thise files directly through usb connected to tv and even uhd player. Both plays it really good but my zidoo play does not play like uhd player. Picture is sometimes washed out and too much saturated loosing detail. Donot know how to fix it. I wonder if vertex 2 can solve it.

9. originalsnuffy

originalsnuffy New Member

So the Futeko description of the Z20 implies it can bitstream DSD. Everything else I have seen says no, DSD is converted to PCM by the unit.

Can anybody update whether DSD can be bitstreamed over HDMI?