Upcoming Zidoo Model Z9X Pro and Z20 Pro

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by McBluna, Apr 26, 2023.

1. Puppy75

Puppy75 New Member

We will see, maybe a better image, more settings, VS10 upgrade... The support of AV1 is good but maybe too soon : it will need time to be more present and at this moment (1-2 years?) there will be new products.

2. DIKKE

DIKKE Active Member

Not sure, the memory part is definitly a plus. Also, i see that the demand for the 1619 is growing outside the mediaplayer market into the NAS market. So i think realtek decided to come up with the newer model?
    And about the memory part, i noticed that when you connect some ext USB storage, and let android manage the int and ext memory, ( you can find that option in the advanced android settings ) that problem seems to be solved a bit..

Also Android 11 seems a bit strang ( as in irrelevant ) to me, and i do not understand why the current model is not able to update to a higher android version..

So, to me this 'new model' looks more like a rev 2 with a different graphic engine, but the current one is doing fine. So , for new buyers it can be interesting, for current owners nothing new besides more memory.

3. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

Zidoo can’t just upgrade the Android version as they are tied to what is supported by the Realtek SDK.

darkeyes909 likes this.
  4. clueluzz

clueluzz Member

I recently tried a Dune HD Real Vision at a friend's place with about the same size library (about 4500 titles excluding TV shows). I honestly don't like their navigation, but their handling of their "poster wall" is way snappier. Hopefully zidoo can improve HT to be as responsive.

darkeyes909 and vddan like this.
  5. Knight_Rider

Knight_Rider Member

6. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

7. Markswift2003

It's noticeably faster.

Onwrathz likes this.
  8. Knight_Rider

Knight_Rider Member

9. Markswift2003

As a trusted forum member told me recently, you can't even use the Homatics box as a doorstop because it's not heavy enough :D

10. DIKKE

DIKKE Active Member

Well, the posterwall/HT used to be a lot faster, so i assume that is also a matter of programming/optimizing the application, not just a benchmark?

Since i do worry that the software team has to focus on yet another model. ( unless these 2 are 100 % compatibel, but i doubt that)

11. clueluzz

clueluzz Member

Looking forward to the new models. Hopefully the pro versions come out soon too. Plus they should just stick with the Cancer UI

12. sadrettin

sadrettin New Member

let zidoo keep driving the ferrari on the country road:D

13. Markswift2003

Not sure if that's a simile or a metaphor or neither, but I have no idea what you mean!

14. sadrettin

sadrettin New Member

i say

"very powerful processor but does not support streaming,

it's just like driving a ferrari on a bumpy road"

15. Markswift2003

It was never designed as a streamer - it's a local player.

And I'd certainly never buy a Homatics box for streaming either, I'd always recommend an Nvidia Shield.

16. Onwrathz

Onwrathz New Member

This is good news. My interest is in the poster wall loading images. Not sure if that is a product of the CPU, GPU, Ram, storage speed, or combo of all those. CPU/GPU will be upgraded; however, storage type seems same. I have experimented with SSD and USB saving posters, but that doesn't seem to improve things, or if it does, only slightly. Good news, we are getting three of the four upgraded, CPU, GPU, and RAM (4 vs 2)...unless I am mistaken.

EDIT: Actually looks like CPU is similar, but Hexa-Core to Quad-Core???

Last edited: Jun 3, 2023
  17. gladiator

gladiator Member

hi guys ,

any news about price tag ?
    and coming date for marketing ?

18. Markswift2003

Six to four cores makes no difference at all on such a device.

Onwrathz likes this.
  19. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

clocked significantly higher, that makes a difference ;)

Onwrathz likes this.
  20. DIKKE

DIKKE Active Member

for current owners it should hardly be a next gen step forward. For that we need to wait for a new RT SOC. Optimizing current applications like HT can do miracles.

this is from the ps4 to a ps4 pro. I'll wait for the XZ9 :)