Trailers not working

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by rola, May 20, 2021.

1. Deano86

Deano86 Member

I downloaded the latest HT4 apk... 4.0.69 and installed on my Z9s... still no trailers will play for me yet? Thoughts?

2. Troy Moore

Troy Moore New Member

Same here

3. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

We have I new change in YouTube api or is a new bug??

4. narkissus

narkissus New Member

They worked for some of my movies yesterday but today cant see anything
    Probably a bug

5. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

That’s very sad…
    It’s very useful for me.. :(
    I hope @mirror will fix it soon

6. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

There might be organizations out there not wanting this to work?

7. Deano86

Deano86 Member

Like who? The movie studios? That wouldn't seem to make sense, to me anyway....What better way to drum up demand and therefore purchases of your product then with allowing free access to the movie trailers? I would think this is just an unfortunate change to the API for access to the YouTube trailers that Zidoo needs to revise on their devices? Maybe?

8. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Like anything of today if someone is accessing something for free a company would like to make money on this especially if they have the rights to it .

will have to wait and see if this gets sorted .

9. rola

rola Member

Update, trailers not working anymore, and I have not updated to 6.3.12

10. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

Look like Google force age verify content, Zidoo need research work around for that.
    Some info about this on Kodi YouTube addon.

Mabon likes this.
  11. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Youtube and similar organizations want us to show a lot of things on the web but with access to the source asking for it with big data collection etc. They also like us to get a decent amount of advertising with it.

Backdoor access via an API or scripting is not really popular/stimulated. That is what I am talking about: There is not such a thing like a free lunch.

12. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

Why not just use TMDB trailers?

13. Netmask

Netmask Active Member

I've been downloading trailers slowly and popping them in the folder with the movie. Most of them are tiny in size.

Mabon likes this.
  14. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

A little while ago I decided to download trailers for my entire library - took about 2 days on and off but now I have just one trailer of my choosing per movie, 90% in HD (only the older stuff not) and of course all working perfectly.

Well worth the effort and not susceptible to the vagaries of the internet.

Mabon and thaworn R like this.
  15. Markswift2003

Licencing.

16. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

TMDB trailers are YouTube trailers and play like embed YouTube on TMDB site.
    TMDB get-movie-details look on API maybe I missed something.
    Zidoo use YouTube API v3 to get all YouTube trailers then play as playlist on Zidoo player.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2021
  17. Markswift2003

Sorry - I misread that as IMDB

18. Mabon

Mabon Active Member

The best way :cool:!

Markswift2003 likes this.
  19. Mabon

Mabon Active Member

Yes, I've noticed the age check recently! I now need to logon to YouTube manually andther do the download there :(!

20. Mabon

Mabon Active Member

@Markswift2003 , @McBluna , @pcristi - Guys, I've come up with an idea :eek:!

Instead of renaming all my video files to include the default video and sound tracks with labels:

My Latest Movie (1999).fhd.dtshd.5.1.mkv

and having to (incorrectly) name a downloaded trailer as:

My Latest Movie (1999).fhd.dtshd.5.1-trailer.mkv

because I know the trailer is actually only in HD resolution and Dolby 2.0 sound :mad:!

Can I simply leave them as:

My Latest Movie (1999).mkv

and then edit the headers with MKVToolNix-GUI to set the Default Video Track and Default Audio Track to the ones I want?

Then I can download and add a trailer:

My Latest Movie (1999)-trailer.mkv

which can be of a different video resolution and different sound from the actual movie.

Does that make sense? I've tried it on a few movies and it appears to work :).