Trailers not working

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by rola, May 20, 2021.

1. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

yes, that's what I did but with no result.

My MP4 doesn't even appear in my source, only the ISO.

[​IMG]

On the other hand in Media Center it appears

[​IMG]

2. Mabon

Mabon Active Member

Only the main video file will appear on the Poster Wall. HT handles the other files automatically, so they are not listed.

You still have the filenames wrong, iso is an extension not part of the filename, they should be:

A Quiet Place Part II (2020).UHD.DV.truehadatmos.iso ........................ (the video file)
    A Quiet Place Part II (2020).UHD.DV.truehadatmos-fanart.jpg ............ (the Background image)
    A Quiet Place Part II (2020).UHD.DV.truehadatmos-poster.jpg ............ (the Poster image)
    A Quiet Place Part II (2020).UHD.DV.truehadatmos-trailer.mp4 .......... (the Trailer file)

only the main video file is an iso file!

The filename <A Quiet Place Part II (2020).UHD.DV.truehadatmos> tells HT that the video "A Quiet Place Part II", released in "2020", is in "UHD" (resolution), in "DV" (video) and "truehdatmos" (sound).

The extension <iso> tells HT that the file contains an identical copy of the original DVD or BD.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2021
  3. OlivierQC

Hello Mabon,

I'm sorry, I don't understand, it seems to me that I have the same thing that you wrote in your message when we look at my capture

A Quiet Place Part II (2020).UHD.DV.truehadatmos-trailer.mp4
    A Quiet Place Part II (2020).UHD.DV.truehadatmos-fanart.jpg
    A Quiet Place Part II (2020).UHD.DV.truehadatmos-poster.jpg
    A Quiet Place Part II (2020).UHD.DV.truehadatmos.iso
    A Quiet Place Part II (2020).UHD.DV.truehadatmos.nfo

4. Mabon

Mabon Active Member

Those are correct (except for the extra "a" in "truehdatmos" ;))
    But I was commenting on the the image you posted, which has an error in each filename:

extensions.png

5. OlivierQC

I have modified it but still no trailers.... it's not a big deal.

thanks for your help it's nice Mabon

6. Mabon

Mabon Active Member

You are giving up too easily! Let's try to fix this :)!

(1) Are your video files stored on an HDD in the Zidoo internal drive slot or on an external HDD?

(2) Can you check the Settings for HT4 and make sure that "Preferences > Show local trailers only" is set to ON. Then try to run the trailer again, as before, through Poster Wall. Does the message "There are no available trailers" appear or does it say something else or does nothing happen?

(3) Can you go back into Zidoo's Media Centre/File Manager and check that the trailer video file plays directly from there.

(4) Can you access the Zidoo HDD through a computer using SMB?

>>>(a) If so, can you check the details of the trailer file using the program Media Info (https://mediaarea.net/fr/MediaInfo for the French version) and post a clip here? It should look something like this:

trailer1.png

>>>(b) Also, if you have TinyMediaManager (https://www.tinymediamanager.org/download/) can you check exactly which trailers have been attached to that file? It should look something like this:

trailer2.png

You only need the trailer(s) that you have downloaded and saved on your HDD. If any other trailers are listed here it's best to delete them!

Last edited: Aug 1, 2021
  7. OlivierQC

Hello Mabon,

I tried with 2 different files, 1 .mp4 and 1 .mov and no result

8. Superdog

Superdog Member

Z9X online trailers working again after updated to v6.3.26

9. Netmask

Netmask Active Member

Trailers working on UHD 3000, well most but I do have quite a few obscure titles.

10. vddan

vddan Member

A little help please ..........
    I have no problem with the trailer on the films, on the other hand I tried for the 'series' and none of them work?
    How should they be named?

11. Mabon

Mabon Active Member

1) Are your video files stored on an HDD in the Zidoo internal drive slot or on an external HDD?

In the folder of my movie on my NAS

>> I use the internal drive slot on the Zidoo, so I know very little about external NAS drives :(. But I think this is where the problem is? I think this one is for @Markswift2003 :cool:

(2) Can you check the Settings for HT4 and make sure that "Preferences > Show local trailers only" is set to ON. Then try to run the trailer again, as before, through Poster Wall.

"Show only local trailers" is ON.

>> Good.

Does the message "There are no available trailers" appear or does it say something else or does nothing happen?

"There are no available trailers" appear

>> So HT4 is not finding those trailers! Can you now click & hold on one of the Posters on the Poster Wall and Re-Match the movie, then try to run that trailer again in Poster Wall. If it fails this time I can only suggest using TinyMediaManager to see if the trailers has been attached to the movie?

trailer3.png

If there is nothing there, it looks like a NAS problem? But why does it find the movie but NOT the trailer :eek:???

(3) Can you go back into Zidoo's Media Centre/File Manager and check that the trailer video file plays directly from there.

Yes, .mp4 and .mov work

>> Good. So they are genuine video files

(4) Can you access the Zidoo HDD through a computer using SMB?

Yes

>> Good

----------

BUT ..... Grasping at straws. I've just looked through my movies and found another possible reason???

I had named a movie "Bridge Of Spies (2015)" but named the trailer "Bridge of Spies (2015)" and that upper case "O" in the movie filename versus the lower case "o" in the trailer filename stopped HT finding the trailer and gave "There are no available trailers"! So can you check that the filenames match EXACTLY?

Last edited: Aug 2, 2021
  12. OlivierQC

Hello Mabon,

Thank you very much for the time you spent to help me,
    I have just discussed with Mark and he found the source of my problem, it will be difficult for me to explain but if Mark wants to post the solution it will help maybe other people than me....or so I am the only one making this kind of mistake...it's possible too :confused:

and thanks again to Mark

Mabon likes this.
  13. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I think the easiest is to copy and paste the conversation:

Ok - so it looks like you have file extensions hidden on your PC:

[​IMG]

So you've confusingly added the extensions as part of the filename.

The full filenames for your files, including extensions are:

Jungle Cruise (2021).UHD.HDR.mkv.nfo
    Jungle Cruise (2021).UHD.HDR.trailer.mov.mov
    Jungle Cruise (2021).UHD.HDR.mkv.mkv
    Jungle Cruise (2021).UHD.HDR.mkv-poster.jpg
    Jungle Cruise (2021).UHD.HDR.mkv-fanart.jpg

For trailers to work, the filename (not including extension) should be the same as the movie filename with the addition of .trailer at the end.

As you can see this is not the case with your files.

This is why it doesn't work. If you enable file extensions you'll see this immediately.

So if you want to keep .mkv as part of the filename your trailer should be called:

Jungle Cruise (2021).UHD.HDR.mkv.trailer.mov

including extension

or

Jungle Cruise (2021).UHD.HDR.mkv.trailer

with the extension hidden.

I always unhide file extensions so I know what type of file it is.

To save confusion, I would suggest that you rename files without the addition of the unneeded .mkv or .mov in the name as this is provided by the extension. So your files including extensions would then be named:

Jungle Cruise (2021).UHD.HDR.nfo
    Jungle Cruise (2021).UHD.HDR.trailer.mov
    Jungle Cruise (2021).UHD.HDR.mkv
    Jungle Cruise (2021).UHD.HDR-poster.jpg
    Jungle Cruise (2021).UHD.HDR-fanart.jpg

Netmask and Mabon like this.
  14. OlivierQC

thanks Mark, you're a champion :)

15. Mabon

Mabon Active Member

I said Mark would solve it :cool:!

16. Netmask

Netmask Active Member

I did find in a couple of my earlier problems with trailers, they were case sensitive if it didn’t match the rest of the files in the folder.

Mabon likes this.
  17. Mabon

Mabon Active Member

We've all done it ;)!

18. vddan

vddan Member

A little help please ..........
    I have no problem with the trailer on the films, on the other hand I tried for the 'series' and none of them work?
    How should they be named?
    Thanks in advance MARK

19. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I don't use the Zidoo for TV series so have never tried - I don't even know if local trailers work for TV series. I'd expect not as trailers are generally associated with movies.

20. vddan

vddan Member

OK thank you, I have some that work directly so I wanted to add more and do not work !!
    Not serious !