Some news for X10/X9S/X8

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1295)' started by mirror, Oct 10, 2017.

1. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

It will be released in December

leonkoum and DELUCAS like this.
  2. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

So it looks like the 1295 chipset has / will get Android 7.1 update but on another make of machine ......
    So will the Zidoo also ?

3. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

Most useless answer, of course it will not be in november anymore....

4. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

i will be very dissapointed if realtek releases android 7.1 firmware and zidoo does not implement it, what is your source for rtd 1295 and android 7 ?

Qapla1 likes this.
  5. DELUCAS

03C3D326-4617-4586-9598-AC4E30849AC6.png
    At bottom of spec it shows 7.1

6. DELUCAS

70B518C3-F34E-4A33-BD9C-634ED18A5F72.jpeg D499B7DC-892C-4C99-9F24-DFD136659EC7.png

Looking very simular and same chipset etc

7. blasiusx

blasiusx Member

Android 7.1 ?? Much more important would be, if one concerns still existing problems, like the Auto Framerate, which outputs with Interlaced videos only 25 fps. Or the other formats like MKV and MP4 are played at the hefty frame rate, not the wrong one. This is especially true for the H.264 codec, because many things are not right. 50p and 60p are also often mispredicted. I have already pointed this out several times. These basic things should be addressed before "calling" for the newest build ...

I'll take a look at it for a few more months. If not, I will test the Dune and then compare.

8. DELUCAS

You miss read

The Dune lists Nougat / Android 7.1 not the Zidoo

9. blasiusx

blasiusx Member

I know that. The point is, before you even think about asking for the Zidoo Android 7, you should iron out the existing errors. ;)

10. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

that's wrong, they should jump to 7 NOW, the longer they work on this android version firmware the harder will be for them to implement android 7, at this point i'm already thinking it's to late

DELUCAS likes this.
  11. blasiusx

blasiusx Member

That is your opinion. I personally do not care about the Android version as long as everything runs smoothly. Of course, only because I do not use any other apps except the player.
    And if you do not get rid of "old" bugs in actual OS, it will not work with a new version, as more bugs usually do. To the already existing ones.

12. DELUCAS

Totally agree

And i was just reffering to that Dune have come out with a box with the same chipset and listing Android 7.1

Which suggests we can go that way soon .
    And the sooner the better as will opn up more benefits than be stuck in an old os system with drawbacks and restricted issues .

At least it can poss pave the way for Dolby Vision .......

And Android 8.1 is out now
    We are behind .

Christ we dont want to be stuck in win 95 now .

13. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

they need android 7+ for proper audio passtrough, the longer they not upgrade, the more i think this function will never come. you can't ask them to focus on things you only use, i don't use passtrough, but i see how important this function is, right now they are still using a hack that forces us to use ZDMC, a day will come when x8/x9s/x10 will fade in obscurity and you will understand then why proper API implementation is important, not just for passtrough, i know this problem is more on realtek side and not only zidoo, but it's also there job to communicate better, if they talk with realtek as much as they talk with us. it's sad way to do business

vadergr, Michele985 and DELUCAS like this.
  14. DELUCAS

So you dont want Dolby Vision amongst other future capabilities and not go forward ?

15. vadergr

vadergr Member

I don't believe zidoo will give a Nougat 7 update prior to x20 release.
    Nougat is the way to go is the existing minor issues cannot be ironed out.

16. blasiusx

blasiusx Member

No, that isn't what i mean.

The are many Bugs present since the first release that are not solved, this should be fixed. I didn't think, there will be Android 7 on this devices. If they present a new OS, i think it'll be with new players.

What should it bring me when you release a new firmware on Android 7.1 or higher, and the old bugs are not resolved ?! On the contrary, usually new ones are added.

And these are basic things you can easily fix with Android 5.1 even without a new SDK. If you compare the so-called, great upgrade from Android 5.1 to Android 7 at the Himedias, you might know what I mean. As you have improved virtually nothing, but there are even more problems. Anyway, that's my experience.

I do not always have to have the latest Android, I need a stable OS that runs flawlessly and masters the basics.

The Dune will certainly not run so well in the beginning, Android is fundamentally not a video system and it is difficult to reconcile all this.

I would have preferred a Linux based version 1000 times, as an Android system. But to that end there is nothing else.

After all, Zidoo is in my opinion still the best, just because they don't release a system change "as soon as possible". But many others make this mistake, without great testing. The customers are then up to date, but nothing works properly.

You also have to consider whether you have the manpower to do so many things at the same time.

Nevertheless, everyone may have a different opinion. First of all, I prefer stability and bug fixes. Only then progress, otherwise we are soon on Windows 10. ;)

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
    Davicom and Ekul like this.
  17. nikos_a

nikos_a Active Member

@blasiusx

The bugs that you are referring are mostly related to Realtek and their SDK not Android. And no, there is no rule of thumb that a new Android version will bring new bugs. Nougat actually provides more freedom for certain things and more stability than before regarding a/v support. Besides, Zidoo won't have to support ZDMC since we will have passthrough through official Kodi. So one program less to bother and more resources to work on Realtek bugs. The most flawed part at the moment is Realtek's and I respect Zidoo's effort to solve bugs related to their SoC and SDK.

DELUCAS likes this.
  18. DELUCAS

So with the hundreds of complaints from users with Audio passthrough issues upon firmware updates using Android 6.01 etc

It would pay just to jump to Nougat 7.1
    And sort out the issues with that before Oreo comes

At least Nougat 7.1 opens up more possibilities ( Dolby Vision ;) )
    And like you said they dont have to concentrate on the passthrough bug etc

19. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

I am a bit puzzled what happens with the X20 announcements. It is very close to christmas an nothing yet????

20. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

in my opinion it will be in January as for the new Dune ultra HD