Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD 1619BPD Players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Jun 30, 2023.

1. Creator44

Creator44 Active Member

@Markswift2003 any news on this? Do I just need to remove the detailed timings block in my edid? It looks like it only contains one 720p entry or am I understanding the gui of the edid editors wrong?

I dont want to mess my tv by doing sonething I shouldn’t do with the timings so help is appreciated!

Thanks!

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Sorry - been a bit busy...

So yeah, here's your EDID without 480, 720 and 1080p29.

You can't do any damage by messing with EDIDs.

Attached Files:

3. Creator44

Creator44 Active Member

thanks! Ill take a look but yesterday I removed the detailed timing entry and it worked and removed the 720p.

4. kawara

kawara New Member

Update on this issue.

change hdmi color space from auto to 16-235 the restart the device. Then picture becomes bright.

5. Puppy75

Puppy75 New Member

Hi everyone, @Markswift2003 do you know if the UHD5000 z(or the Z2000 Pro) supports AV1 Dolby vision ?

6. Markswift2003

Honest answer, I don't know.

AV1 support was a recent addition to Dolby Vision in 2023 and requires Profile 10 support in the decoder. I've never seen any Profile 10 content so no idea whether this version of VS10 supports it or not.

7. JCW

JCW New Member

I have the same issue with my Z9X Pro and EPSON LS11000 Projector.
    I am using a Logitech Harmony Remote to start the Zidoo scenario. Harmony starts Projector, AWR and Zidoo. Then Harmony sets the inputs on AWR to Zidoo and the Projector to HDMI-1. With these settings, i get the same issue as you "back to 60Hz and Auto".
    But if I remove the "set Projector Input to HDMI1" in the startup sequence it works perfectly. I think that the "set Projector Input to HDMI1" forces a HDMI handshake that overrides the Zidoo settings.

8. Puppy75

Puppy75 New Member

Arf oki :(

Honestly I don't know if actually it's important but who wants to buy something who can be obsolete next year :(

I will try to find the answer before buying it

Thx again :)

9. Markswift2003

I wouldn't lose sleep over it, but if you can find a sample somewhere I can test it.

10. Puppy75

Puppy75 New Member

I can create a short video (around 55 sec ) with free dolby vision sample on internet and send you a link to dl it if you want.

11. Markswift2003

Yes, no problem.

12. Puppy75

Puppy75 New Member

I send you the link in private :)

13. misichavichus

misichavichus Member

Hi Mark. I looked for information, but couldn't find it))
    Display/Color Settings, priority 10 bits. Why not 12?

I read a lot of topics on this forum. You were asked this question several times, but you never answered) Perhaps I missed it.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2024
  14. Markswift2003

Simple really - the content is 10-bit so you want it as close to native as possible. 12-bit just pads - there’s no image processing, so no advantage. All you do is increase HDMI bandwidth.

2K content tends to be 8-bit but there is 10-bit content around so I changed the recommendation for non 4K to 10-bit from 8-bit a while ago to allow for 10-bit content.

misichavichus likes this.
  15. misichavichus

misichavichus Member

It turns out that this is self-hypnosis? It just seems to me that the picture is better at 12 bit?
    organoleptic...

and the receiver at 12 bits through the information button shows 36 bits, is this just fixing the cable bandwidth?

16. Markswift2003

Placebo :)

36-bit is just another way to express 12-bit. 12-bit is per RGB channel, 36-bit is all three.

17. misichavichus

misichavichus Member

OK. I switch to "nocebo" 24bit))) if this does not affect anything)

18. Markswift2003

24-bit is 8-bit per channel.

19. mark5564

mark5564 New Member

@MarkSwift

My head is spinning from reading, my English is actually good but this is all very technical. As you can see in my signature, I have the Ziddo Z9X Pro with the latest firmware and an LG Oled M3 which is technically a G3. What is best for me to use TV-Led and HDR on Auto or rather Player-Led in combination with LLDV,YUV422,12Bit?

I read this in the commentary of a German YouTube video.
    Recommendation:
    Note on Dolby Vision "TV LED" and "Player LED": Zidoo Z9X Pro
    I mention that I have diagnosed a better display with the "Player LED" setting and explain that the "Player LED" setting can be used to enable direct chroma output in order to dispense with RGB tunneling. The "TV LED" setting is generally recommended by the manufacturer, as well as in general, as it can be used to establish broad compatibility with Dolby Vision televisions. With "TV LED", the correct display of Dolby Vision can be 100% guaranteed. Nevertheless, there are differences in picture quality that I noticed on my test TV (LG G3 evo OLED), which make the differences between "TV LED" and "Player LED" visible. With "TV LED", due to the RGB signal, the picture on my test TV appears brighter in the black areas (which can be typical for RGB) and therefore reduced in contrast. This is not the case with the "Player LED" setting and the picture is displayed correctly. (Due to the chroma output of 4:2:2) The Dolby Vision "HDMI tunneling" to save bandwidth (8-bit tunneling for HDMI 1.4, or 8.9 Gbit/s) remains unaffected. "Dolby Vision Low Latency" can also be activated in the Zidoo settings, which also has nothing to do with the "TV LED" and "Player LED". "Dolby Vision Low Latency" enables Dolby Vision tone mapping on the part of the player and should not be used for correct display under any circumstances.

many thanks in advance for your advice.
    Markus

20. Markswift2003

Not really sure what you're asking here, but there's a huge amount of inaccurate information there!!!