Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD 1619BPD Players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Jun 30, 2023.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Thought I'd start a recommended settings thread for the new players.

This thread will no doubt grow with time.

Essentially things are the same as before, but there are a couple of settings that have changed, for example there is no "HDMI Range" control now as this is taken care of automatically.

Also the VS10 options have changed at the behest of Dolby.

MAIN SETTINGS

Playback/Automatic frame rate/Frame rate mode: Match frame rate and resolution *

Display/Resolution: 3840x2160p 23Hz **

Display/Color Settings/4K 50~60Hz: Priority YUV420 10BIT
    Display/Color Settings/4K 23~30Hz: Priority YUV444 10BIT
    Display/Color Settings/Non-4K: Priority YUV444 10BIT
    Display/Color Settings/Deep Colour compatibility mode: Turn Off
    Display/Color Settings/HDMI Signal format: Enhanced format

Display/HDR: Auto ***

Audio/HDMI Audio: Auto ****
    Audio/Downmix HD Audio output: OFF

* Personal preference. You can use "Match frame rate only" to allow the Zidoo to scale and reduce HDMI resyncs

** Personal Preference - setting to 23Hz will reduce resyncs because the majority of content is 23.976fps

*** Can be set to VS10 engine, but I don't recommend "Mapping HDR10" or "Highest SDR Rec.709"

**** There are issues with "Auto" only playing LPCM for some audio codecs in FW prior to v1.0.70. If using earlier firmware, set this to "RAW"

NEW VS10 SETTINGS

VS10 options have changed from input dependency to output dependency:

Dolby Vision VS10 Engine (Output DV)
    Uses VS10 to output GUI and all content as Dolby Vision (as long as EDID allows).

Dolby Vision VS10 Engine (Output HDR)
    Uses VS10 to output GUI and all content as HDR10 (as long as EDID allows).

Dolby Vision VS10 Engine (Output SDR)
    Uses VS10 to output GUI and all content as SDR.

Dolby Vision Low Latency (LLDV, YUV422/444/RGB, 10/12-bit)
    Uses VS10 to output GUI and all content as LLDV (as long as EDID allows).
    Available colour sub-sampling levels and bit depth options for LLDV are dependent on EDID.

USB Recovery Images for RTD1619BPD Players

As promised, below are recovery images for Zidoo RTD1619BPD players.

Please be aware that use of these images should be a last resort - if you don't do it 100% correctly you could brick your player.

Follow the instructions to the letter.

Z9X PRO
    https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/suppor...Leq7k9e[ld]3ulg==/guide_faq/raXr0bxKWKM=.html

Z20 PRO
    https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/suppor...Teq7k9e[ld]3ulg==/guide_faq/raXr0bxKWKM=.html

Z2000 PRO
    https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/suppor...feq7k9e[ld]3ulg==/guide_faq/raXr0bxKWKM=.html

Z2600
    https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/suppor...]eq7k9e[ld]3ulg==/guide_faq/raXr0bxKWKM=.html

UHD5000
    https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/suppor...jeq7k9e[ld]3ulg==/guide_faq/raXr0bxKWKM=.html

Last edited: Jan 4, 2024
    Andalex, Frostb!te, Spider and 6 others like this.
  2. fsuguy92

fsuguy92 New Member

Any recommendations for the VS10 settings? I am using an LG C2 OLED and am new to Zidoo and am struggling to understand the different VS10 settings. Thanks!

3. Markswift2003

With that TV I'd just stick to Auto, then you get everything native.

4. rola

rola Member

I have a z2000 pro on the way, and wonder if there is a new control 4 driver or if it works with the driver for z1000 pro?

5. Markswift2003

I assume it'll work the same - I don't think the IP protocol has changed.

6. rola

rola Member

Thanks, good to hear.

7. Anthony C.

Anthony C. Member

Really stupid question on this new chipset/system… can it still use a custom EDID locally for LLDV, and more importantly, can/does it send an HDR infoframe to trigger HDR? I only ask because the options changed so wondering if this can negate the use of an HDFury device in the chain for a non-DV display.

8. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

Zidoo really really need to add QMS to their next players so no need to think about the framerate for those of us with newer TVs like C3/G3 OLED.

9. Markswift2003

The EDID options are still the same and unfortunately still no ability to send an HDR message.

10. Anthony C.

Anthony C. Member

Thanks for confirmation. Me and the HDFury VRROOM did not get on well. Had to send it back. Might try the Vertex2 at some point since it seems more stable at this point.

Anyway… thanks sir.

Kenny#66 likes this.
  11. Markswift2003

The vertex 2 is 100% stable, although I've every reason to believe that the Vrroom is too despite its stupid name.

12. Anthony C.

Anthony C. Member

I kept having issues with audio not syncing up and having to switch to another port on my Denon and back to get it working or power cycle the thing. It was sporadic at first and then every time I started my system up. Went back and forth with support on Discord and unfortunately went nowhere. I even bought their cables so they would stop telling me it was the cable(s). This was a year ago so when the Vrroom was on very early firmware. At least I got a refund on the unit. :)

13. hdmkv

hdmkv Active Member Beta test group

So with the new player, it seems a downgrade for VS10? No outputting SDR, HDR, 10+ as "DV" anymore like so w/old player?
    [​IMG]

Or, a HDFury is required for Z9X Pro to "see" a DV player and apply it for all formats?

14. hdmkv

hdmkv Active Member Beta test group

Nm, I saw your post in the other section:
    Looks like I'll need to wait for the native DV update to my AWOL 3500 projector to apply "VS10 to output all content as Dolby Vision".

15. electrobento

electrobento New Member

Outputting all content as DV (VS10 for all non-DV content) works. I'm currently doing so on my Z9X Pro.

hdmkv likes this.
  16. DonnieYen

DonnieYen Member

It's a step back from z9x if your display device doesn't support DV. I am currently using VS10 ( HDR output) on vivitek hk2288. hope zidoo brings VS10 for all content back soon

hdmkv likes this.
  17. electrobento

electrobento New Member

The option is still there.

Attached Files:

18. Markswift2003

…and now you don’t need a custom EDID if you want a non EDID supported VS10 output.

hdmkv likes this.
  19. When I use VS10 output for all contents, it seems like it Zidoo Z9X Pro has a glitch (the movie pauses) with DVDs converting to Dolby Vision (I have no 4K contents, all I have are blu ray and DVD).
    Does anybody else have this issue with playing DVDs using VS10?
    Is there any way to force Z9X pro to convert DVDs to DV and output them correctly?

Last edited: Jul 7, 2023
  20. DonnieYen

DonnieYen Member

z9x pro won't show VS10 output DV option on devices that don't support DV

Attached Files:

vddan likes this.