Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD 1619BPD Players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Jun 30, 2023.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Ok - this is your EDID with an LLDV Block

https://mega.nz/file/xPhUGTyY#t31tFKLr_4dQzvHz1BybAfuQ1-EAhq1gwBRnW2DAngI

But it won't behave any differently to the other ones. If you're getting pale washed out images that means you haven't manually set your projector to its HDR setting.

DonnieYen likes this.
  2. DonnieYen

DonnieYen Member

Thanks a lot. I will test and respond in 15 minutes. on my projector the HDR mode has 3 options, ( normal, detail, user). when i select detail mode the image color setting is locked. and 2 modes normal and user can still edit the color. I don't know which mode I should choose

3. Markswift2003

Can't help with that projector I'm afraid - all I can tell you is you need to be in BT.2020 colour and HDR gamma (ST.2084).

DonnieYen likes this.
  4. DonnieYen

DonnieYen Member

I tried edid with all 3 HDR modes but it still overexposed resulting in colors becoming pale and wrong. red to orange. sure i will stick with vs10 output sdr. Thank you very much

5. Markswift2003

Those HDR modes probably rely on the projector receiving an HDR SEI (Supplemental Enhancement Information) message which doesn't happen when you send Dolby Vision - this is why you have to manually switch the display into HDR.

If you get pale colours you're not manually switching the projector into HDR. Some displays do not allow it (especially TVs) and this is why a lot of people need an HDFury device to send the HDR SEI message.

DonnieYen likes this.
  6. RandoMe

RandoMe New Member

Often when trying to play content I get a "popup" saying applied 1080 23.96hz mode, despite the content being 4k hdr

I have auto refresh and resolution on, and when looking at the media stats through my LG TV it says 4k, is this some bug in playback? Or just the notification appearing when it shouldn't?

In the advanced settings in the video menu there a HDR output mode, by default it's set on input, presumably for the media type playing on the device.
    VLC and other players don't seem to be playing DV content on this mode, they fallback to hdr, but when I set it by default to DV they do manage to play the media as DV. What should I do? Is there any error here?
    Additionally exoplayer won't play at all, but I think that's some unrelated bug.

The reason I'm using a third party player is because HT4 won't play video files from a HTTP link, is this a known issue?

7. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I know this is an old post but I have the same TV. I can see you have DV mode set to LLDV. I recommend you set it to TV led and let the C2 handle the DV. LG are very good at DV!

8. Android-Matze

Android-Matze New Member

Forced subtitles, film was in German with many foreign languages, but was not translated via subtitles.

It should actually work automatically.

No problems on the PC, it worked

9. rb2k5

rb2k5 New Member

Sorry for the stupid question, but I cant finf these settings anywhere.
    Should I be looking in the Quick Settings menus, or in the settings in Home Theatre 4? I'd like to turn off the default subtitles.

10. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

In the Quick settings, Playback, Default language.

11. rb2k5

rb2k5 New Member

Got it-
    In the latest firmware (1.0.52) there's no "Off" option under Default Subtitles, only
    "Automatic"
    "Shutdown"
    "Follow default flag"
    and
    "Priority plugin"

Choosing "Shutdown" disables the automatic subs....
    Thanks

12. Markswift2003

Depends on which language you choose.

upload_2023-8-24_12-23-29.png

13. Aleksander.1

Aleksander.1 New Member

I own LG C2 and Z9X Pro version

When previously watching DV content on streaming apps / trough disk i noticed that peak brightness setting didnt do any difference if I had it at low or high. But now when i tweak peak brightness there is noticable brightness difference. Any clue why?
    Difference in brightness is if i set option in Z9X Pro to TV led or Player led.

Thanks in advance.

14. rb2k5

rb2k5 New Member

You're right. I was using English (United Kingdom) and the menus are totally different.
    Switched back to the default English (United States) and my Quick Menu now looks like yours.

dr4go likes this.
  15. steveoat87

steveoat87 New Member

what are the settings for playing multichannel dsf files using the internal hard drive?

16. C7 Translate

C7 Translate New Member

Hello, I am currently using Z9X with Formovie X5, is there any way I can watch movies with Dolby Vision with this projector? Or at least change EDID to use Dolby Vision with VS10. I'm not very tech savvy, sorry if the question is stupid. If possible, I hope you can help me explain and advise me on the best solution. Thank you

17. C7 Translate

C7 Translate New Member

I have a 2.5Gb USB lan running RTL8156B chip but I cannot connect to the Z9X. Is there any way to make it work?

18. C7 Translate

C7 Translate New Member

This is my EDID
    mega.nz/file/tytE0aQL#C_2V3aFpcm5X5wAVGmjiNRND1gLThNcFtJnjLNTsDRE

19. Todd Z

Todd Z New Member

I just got my Z20 pro a week ago and have played about 4 movies on it with only one playing all the way through without a freeze, If you just let it sit for a min it would start playing again but typically not play smoothly and or lose the audio track, stopping and restarting fixed that, It also doesn’t seem to matter if its a 1080 full rip or 4K, I have the Zidoo and Zappiti connected to the same gigabit switch and NAS but the Zappiti plays the same files without issue. The issue seems very random, one time I had a freeze right after hitting play and another the movie played through without issue. I opened up developer options but couldn’t find any settings that would help.

20. royibo

royibo New Member

Hello Mark,

I have a problem with my new Zidoo UHD5000 playing on LG OLED 55C9PLA: at the recommended settings, when I play DV movies, the image is whitish, with low contrast, as if seen through fog. (When I play this type of movie, the TV displays the Dolby Vision tag in the top right corner.)

I was able to get a normal movie image by changing the HDR setting from "Auto" to "Dolby Vision V10 Engine (Output HDR)," but everything (including the settings menu) has very high contrast. Now the TV displays the HDR tag in the top right corner, even if I play DV movies.

The same DV movie, but played from my old Zidoo Z9X on the same LG C9, has correct image quality, with DV tag, using the recommended settings for the Z9X.

Could you advise me on what to do to have correct playback of DV films on my LG television?

Many thanks.