Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD 1619BPD Players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Jun 30, 2023.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Have to be honest I'm still using a Z9X in the cinema so I haven't compared the two in there.

I have an old 2015 JVC so no tone mapping and I alternate between using VS10 SDR and LLDV. Mostly LLDV to be fair.

VS10 in the Pro is improved though, and from comparisons I've done on a Samsung flatscreen, VS10 SDR has better tone mapping than the old models so I think you'd see a marginal improvement. There's a scene in Wall-E where Eve is shooting up ships in a junkyard and the explosions, which have high pixel values, are handled better in VS10 SDR with the Pro - less blooming, more detail.

DonnieYen, FrostByte and swinskyi like this.
  2. swinskyi

swinskyi New Member

Ok! So you think I would see a marginal improvement on my setup going from "Dolby Vision VS10 Engine (For all content)" on the Z9X to "Dolby Vision VS10 Engine (Output SDR)" on the Pro? Thanks Mark

3. Markswift2003

Yes I think so, and you won't need the custom EDID to output SDR as the VS10 engine does that for you now.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2023
    swinskyi likes this.
  4. kokobsb

kokobsb New Member

Yes i know unfortunately but what i am trying to say is if i leave the resolution unlocked it is causing majority of bluray menu not to work as well it is freezing the whole box till i force restart or poweroff .sorry if i wasnt clear , thank you for your reply.

5. darky_zidoo

darky_zidoo Active Member

Good morning,

Perhaps a stupid question.
    Why do we put everything on 10 bit when it is 12 bit capable?

6. Android-Matze

Android-Matze New Member

Hallo, was ist das beste Audio?
    Raw oder automatisch
    Meine Box ist cinebar pro 4.1

7. Spider

Spider New Member

What is the correct setting for the color space?

I have a Panasonic OLED (LZ2000), when I set the color space YCBCR 4:4:4 12 bit my black is rather grayish.
    But if I change the color space to RGB 4:4:4 12 bit, my black is black.

How does it look with you?

8. Markswift2003

Because 4K content is 10-bit at best (except Dolby Vision which ignores those settings) and there's no benefit in selecting 12-bit, it just pads out the bits and needlessly increases HDMI bandwidth.

Commercial 2K content is generally h.264 8-bit but I know some people encode 2K in h.265 at 10-bit occasionally so I changed the recommended settings from 8-bit to 10-bit for 2K recently.

Personally I use 8-bit for 2K because I don't have any 10-bit 2K:

Display/Color Settings/4K 50~60Hz: Priority YUV420 10BIT
    Display/Color Settings/4K 23~30Hz: Priority YUV444 10BIT
    Display/Color Settings/Non-4K: Priority YUV444 8BIT

misichavichus and darky_zidoo like this.
  9. Spider

Spider New Member

Hi Mark,

thank you.

I know the settings from the home page and have now tested them again.

The result is similar to before between YCBCR and RGB. But I have now again YCBCR (10 bit 4:4:4) set, because to me the black with RGB too dark and dark scenes sag.

10. darky_zidoo

darky_zidoo Active Member

thank you for explaining. I stick with 10bit for now.

11. KristianR

KristianR New Member

Please, 23.976 or 24 fps for movies?

12. Vinay

Vinay New Member

Zidoo Z9X Pro flickering on Dune movie playback Dolby vision on LG C2 OLED TV. I tried the recommended settings all other movie formats are playing fine except this one. This movie plays fine when I play it with plex on apple tv 4k. Please help. This is my first purchase and first issue. @Markswift2003

13. Vinay

Vinay New Member

Format 1.jpg Format 2.jpg

14. Markswift2003

Some movies are 23.976, some are 24fps. You should always have Auto Frame Rate switched on.

Chestorx likes this.
  15. Markswift2003

Do you mean all Dolby Vision files are flickering?

16. Vinay

Vinay New Member

Only this movie directly playing from HDD. Other DV files run perfectly. I tried restart and changed other settings but it didn't work.

17. Markswift2003

So I think you answered your own question.

Deano86 and Vinay like this.
  18. LcSz

LcSz New Member

Hello,
    Is it possible to know if you can use Tidal for Android TV and OQEE by Free with the Z9X Pro ?

19. tc2007

tc2007 Active Member

Yes you can assuming the apps are designed for large screens. You would need a wireless keyboard to properly used Android apps not designed for larger screens.

20. DonnieYen

DonnieYen Member

Hello Mark.
    This is the EDID of the projector I am using. Vivitek HK2288
    Can I ask you to edit this EDID so that LLDV can be used? I have downloaded and tried all the EDIDs you uploaded on the mega but they all seem to be incompatible so the images are pale.
    Thanks

Attached Files:

• edid.txt
      File size:
      256 bytes
      Views: