Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD 1619BPD Players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Jun 30, 2023.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

As long as the file is MVC encoded the you get the full 1920x1080 frame when converting to 2D so no drop in image quality.

Tony121 likes this.
  2. Tony121

Tony121 New Member

Excellent - thank you very much for confirming.

I ticked the 2nd vid file in MakeMKV so believe all my rips are mvc encoded so that should be file.

Though there was one rip that I didn't, and I meant to check what that did as at the time i didnt know whether to tick it or not, but then forgot and carried on ripping and ticking the extra file - so they'll be one rip I'll come across at some point where I didn't tick that 2nd video file - so don't think that one will actually play in 3D...

Question though, does the zidoo 3D to 2D actually convert anything, or does it just play one eye and ignore the other eye with no actual 'conversion' taking place?

3. Markswift2003

It just plays one eye (left I think) - there's nothing to "convert".

4. supermood

supermood Active Member

hi @Markswift2003 can you pls check the edid (txt vs bin extension) if you see something that explains why I cannot use vs10 output dv mode. I cannot see anything in that file. LG oled is now directly connected to zidoo and I still have only a blackscreen with vs10 output dv (TV starts dv picture mode then nothing).
    other maybe relevant settings?
    lock 4k23hz
    custom edid off
    TV led dv
    color settings 4k60 yuv420 10b, rest yuv444 10b
    deep c comp mode off
    hdmi enhanced
    current Pic 4k23 yuv 44410b itu 709
    certified 48gig hdmi cable 1.5m

anything else important? pls let me know.
    many thanks!!!

Attached Files:

5. Markswift2003

No, that EDID definitely supports Standard DV and LLDV so there's nothing in it that would explain the problem.

Your other settings look fine too (Colour settings etc are ignored when DV is used - it will be 4:2:2 12-bit for LLDV and 8-bit RGB for Standard DV)

Does LLDV work?

This is your Dolby Block decoded:

DV Version: 1 [short 12-byte version]
    DV DM Version: v3.x
    DV Interface: standard and low latency 422 12bit
    2160p60: supported
    YUV422 12bit: not supported
    Global Dimming: not supported
    Backlight Control: not supported
    RED Primary: 0.676, 0.320
    GREEN Primary: 0.250, 0.676
    BLUE Primary: 0.137, 0.051
    MAX/MIN Luminance: 350 / 0.001 nits

supermood likes this.
  6. supermood

supermood Active Member

crazy! don't ask why. maybe the 10 reboots... I tried lldv to answer your question, it worked, then I tried vs10 output dv and it also worked :)

so besides the misleading text here the idea of that mode is to watch non dv content in dv mode.... I will def try these days..

thanks!!!

Attached Files:

7. supermood

supermood Active Member

that was to fast I played an dv file and it played, but exit is not possible that's a black screen again.
    and reboot doesn't help.
    what was the workaround? pressing resolution on the remote. have to search im using harmony
    oh my..

8. Markswift2003

I wonder if it's a bandwidth issue - 4K60 8-bit RGB is the full 18Gbps - although you do say you've set the resolution to 4K23 so that's not likely.

9. Markswift2003

Text is incredibly misleading to the point of being utterly incorrect - might have to sort that one...

10. supermood

supermood Active Member

I have the newest 2.1 8k certified cable they can surely handle 4k dv. I think 48gig.

and I'm watching dv content in dv as long as I'm in auto mode all was good.

hopefully I can repair tomorrow!

11. supermood

supermood Active Member

hi @Markswift2003

with every reboot tv goes in dv mode, then black.

no freeze i can shout down with the remote. I just don't see anything. not via avr not directly in tv.

how can I factory reset without screen is there a way?
    and what's the resolution button here? I hammered some but no effect.

many thanks!!

Attached Files:

12. Unclejoshc

Unclejoshc Member

I can only answer the resolution button question. It is the one below the red button. I think you need to hold it down for a bit to cycle.

supermood likes this.
  13. Markswift2003

Yes as @Unclejoshc says it's the one below the red key.

It cycles resolutions so you may need to press a couple of times but wait between presses for the tv to sync.

No need to press and hold.

Factory reset only through the gui or reflash using the emergency procedure.

You can use Scrcpy to duplicate the gui on your PC but ADB needs enabling on the Zidoo. This is possible without a TV display because a prompt comes up when first run so you press <right> then <enter> to enable.

dr4go, supermood and Unclejoshc like this.
  14. supermood

supermood Active Member

I will try resolution later. if no success I need a step by step guide, adb what....
    or maybe I should send back for exchange. obviously with that one something is wrong.

I'll give an update later. thanks!

15. supermood

supermood Active Member

I've switched more than 30 resolutions all I see is always the dolby vision top right corner and then again black screen.
    obviously this is changing the resolution not the hdr mode..

so I guess my device is faulty. the whole chain can dv I've watched several movies already. it also switches in dv with the vs10 output dv mode but it cannot give me the GUI.

can you pls give me step by step for complete dummies how to adb and reset or do you think I should just send it back for exchange directly?

what a xxxx.. :( I asked if something like that could happen some weeks ago. I was always in that vs10 mode for some seconds with black screen but changed directly back.

thanks!!

16. Markswift2003

Not sure I can do a dummy's guide to ADB, but I can for a full reset - see the website below.

Follow the instructions TO THE LETTER. Pay attention to formatting the USB stick as FAT32 and renaming the file to install.img

https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/faq/guide_target/2k02gFiWIINKKmVViAFMcQ==.html

supermood likes this.
  17. supermood

supermood Active Member

yeah sure full reset that's what I meant I thought for it I need adb..

18. Kris168

Kris168 New Member

Do I need to turn power off completely from the back in order to unload the hard disk or is it enough to simply turn off the player via the remote?

19. supermood

supermood Active Member

@Markswift2003 hey just want to feedback that I was able to flash back to 052 and then install latest, what is it 068..?

I also want to report that initial lib scraping yesterday was so much better compared to all my previous attempts!! now in shows it looks like it should!!

only
    1. all actor pics are missing. any idea?

2. dv vs10 output dv still gives me a black screen so I will def not try again

I have an friendly offer from. the shop to send the device back, with a refund, something I didn't want. but maybe only chance.

I guess, you also have no idea anymore why I can play dv movies in dv mode with auto but the GUI always gives me black screen..? the edid was good and the whole chain is also dv capable...

thanks!

20. Markswift2003

Latest is v1.0.86

1. Don't know why actor pics are missing. Not all are available, but certainly lead actors/director etc should be. They're gathered online at run time, not scraped, so it's probably a network trouble shoot.

2. No idea. You'd really need an HDFury device to troubleshoot that. The other option is to use scrcpy (https://github.com/Genymobile/scrcpy) now that you can see the screen and allow access when it's run.

supermood likes this.