Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD 1619BPD Players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Jun 30, 2023.

1. Faceman2k24

Faceman2k24 Member

I pulled some AV1 HDR test files from youtube, bitrates aren't crazy high, but good enough.

Fifa likes this.
  2. upin_cool

upin_cool New Member

Hi everyone, I'm new here, just bought Zidoo Z20pro.

Z20pro has no problems playing movie that i downloaded from psarips, but when i played remux 4k files, the color is pale, i tried reccomended settings from the front page, but still not much different.

For my setup, i connecting it using my AVR, my TV still 1080FHD, but i dont think it matter, since i do have 4K Disc player, connecting it to my AVR, i dont have color pale issue.

Thanks you guys .

3. Faceman2k24

Faceman2k24 Member

Sounds like your TV is not HDR compatable and the Zidoo is sending it HDR anyway.

You need to go into your HDR settings and choose an option like VS10 output SDR and the Zidoo will convert the HDR to SDR on the fly for you in the same way I assume the Bluray player is.

upin_cool likes this.
  4. willy2000

willy2000 New Member

I got my first zidoo player, z9x pro recently.
    I use non DV support display, samsung TV and Epson LS12000 projector. I use HDfury Vrroom between z9x pro and displays.
    Here's my question..
    If I use Dolby Vision Low Latency (LLDV, YUV422/444/RGB, 10/12-bit) option instead of AUTO, that means hdr10/10+ converted to LLDV using VS10, right?
    What is the benefit of that compared to AUTO option which sending native?
    Converted HDR10/10+ using VS10 much better than it's native?
    Can produce better or same picture quality without weired color saturation or something?

Last edited: Mar 28, 2024
  5. upin_cool

upin_cool New Member

i see, thanks, i will try... i will update again the result.

6. vddan

vddan Active Member

Personally, this is how I work on my projo, and I even put a 4000 nit edid in LLDV on the zidoo.....
    This is the best image obtained for all formats read!!!!

7. willy2000

willy2000 New Member

you mean the picture quality converting hdr10/10+ using LLDV option is the best?
    then I should try, I thought some kinds of color problem happens.

I also want some info, It'll be happy if markswift2003 will answer.

8. upin_cool

upin_cool New Member

It works great now, thanks

Attached Files:

9. vddan

vddan Active Member

Exactly at home and on my installation the image is at the top!!
    You should try with the right settings......

10. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

What was the question?

11. willy2000

willy2000 New Member

I got my first zidoo player, z9x pro recently.
    I use non DV support display, samsung TV and Epson LS12000 projector. I use HDfury Vrroom between z9x pro and displays.
    Here's my question..
    If I use Dolby Vision Low Latency (LLDV, YUV422/444/RGB, 10/12-bit) option instead of AUTO, that means hdr10/10+ converted to LLDV using VS10, right?
    What is the benefit of that compared to AUTO option which sending native?
    Converted HDR10/10+ using VS10 much better than it's native?
    Can produce better or same picture quality without weired color saturation or something?

12. Markswift2003

Yes, using LLDV, everything (SDR and HDR) is converted to LLDV. In the case of HDR10+, only the HDR10 layer is used, not the HDR10+ dynamic metadata.

Some people prefer the LLDV image and it helps reduce HDMI resyncs - if you set LLDV and Match Frame Rate Only then you'll only ever see a resync if the frame rate changes. If you set the GUI to 4k23 then you will rarely see a resync because most content is 23.976Hz.

It's up to you to decide which mode you prefer - it's subjective. If set up correctly you shouldn't get any weird colour saturation issues etc.

You can also use an LLDV EDID with HDR set to Auto and the Vrroom can send an HDR10 message when it detects LLDV so the displays use their HDR modes correctly.

This means you can have native SDR, HDR10, HDR10+ and LLDV on both displays. Although if you play a Dolby Vision file with HDR10+ base layer, Dolby Vision takes precedence.

vddan likes this.
  13. willy2000

willy2000 New Member

thanks Mark.
    It helps a lot

14. supermood

supermood Active Member

hi Marc that is to much for me sorry have to ask again. I'm starting to check the dv settings and my set up is a bit different.

1. dv oled
    2. currently auto, that works great all content is native and dv Pic is superb

3. the description for dv profile 10 output dv says it's used for non dv devices? confusing for me. but anyway. I checked and I got weird colours. so that seams to be wrong for me ;)

4. I checked another setting (not really sure which one) and I had a black screen and was a bit shocked until it changed back because I luckily didn't press anything. puhh. if I would have pressed ok stay with it, there's no possibility to get it back? maybe hard reset button somewhere?

questions.
    a. So, if I want to check / watch sdr or hdr10 (also dv content of course) - - > I use lldv, not dv 10 output dv, correct?

b. can I leave the setting on lldv or do I have to change for sdr hdr10 only?

c. if I can leave it, is the pq with dv content similar good? worse? even better?

many thanks!!

PS i locked the resolution to 4k23hz is that the setting you mean with GUI?

15. Markswift2003

a) Do you mean "if I want to check / watch sdr or hdr10" in DV?

If VS10 (Output DV) is available, that means your EDID supports TV Led DV, and if you have DV Compatibility set to TV Led then this option will output TV Led DV. If you have DV Compatibility set to Player Led then this option is exactly the same as LLDV.

If you get a pink/purple output from VS10 (Output DV) then that means the TV doesn't support TV Led DV and there's something wrong in the EDID.

The safe bet is LLDV.

b) Yes you can leave on LLDV if you want everything in LLDV.

c) Only you can decide what looks best for you.

Setting Resolution to 4K23 means the GUI is set to 4K23. The resolution and refresh rate for content is dictated by the Auto Frame Rate settings.

Lock Resolution is only there to ensure the resolution comes back to the preset one when restarting (EDID allowing) - it doesn't "lock" everything to 4K23 during runtime.

supermood likes this.
  16. supermood

supermood Active Member

thanks! TV led is on, and with auto, dv is working great.
    I thought for Player led I need a custom edid that's out of my league.

I will check again with profile 10 dv output, maybe a reboot helps. but as said, the text is a bit confusing (used for non dv capable devices...)

and I will also check lldv again, I just hope I don't destroy anything..

17. supermood

supermood Active Member

do I need player led dv and/or own edid to get this work?

with all on your recommended settings here from the post 422 10 bit 23hz etc... dv 10 output dv gives me a pink Pic and lldv a black screen.

maybe the lg oled b7 is not able to work with that signal. the denon x4500h with hdmi 2.1 is not the issue I've connected it directly to check.

anyway. I stay with native Pic and dv Pic is very nice

18. Markswift2003

What are you actually trying to achieve?

Can you clarify what you mean by "dv 10 output"

19. supermood

supermood Active Member

hi I want to see how non dv content looks with dv picture
    I'm still confused by the text here on my device, because I asked you that and you answer was clear. the Chinese English translation can't be so bad?

1. dolby vision vs10 engine output dv, that's what I mean and I tried.
    text pls see also Pic, text: recommended for non hdr devices. I have an dv tv.

with that option a pink Pic. of course extended is on, but compatibility mode is off, TV led is on.

2. dolby vision low latency lldv as second option to try, my question was if I have to turn off with dv content, your answer no, text here Pic also: only recommended for sdr content..
    anyway black screen only here

in order to get non dv content with dv Pic my question now was. player led? own edid needed? any other idea? maybe it's just not possible my b7 oled is some years old. maybe 7? I've not tried it with the new c oled from last year. not needed in that one anyway.

IMG_20240405_171916.jpg IMG_20240405_171809.jpg

20. Markswift2003

Ok, first thing to note is to ignore what's written on the right hand side there - it's mostly nonsense.

1. Dolby Vision VS10 Engine(Output DV) - this outputs all content as TV Led Dolby Vision. This mode is only available if your TV supports TV Led Dolby Vision - it wouldn't even be available for non HDR devices so I have no idea why it says that!

I also have no idea why your TV displays in pink - that happens when you play TV Led Dolby Vision to a display that doesn't support it. But because that option is available, your TV must support TV Led Dolby Vision. So you see we have a dilemma.

2. Dolby Vision Low Latency (LLDV,YUV422,12Bit) outputs all content as Player Led Dolby Vision. This mode is only available if your TV supports Player Led Dolby Vision.

I'm not why you only get a black screen using LLDV. Again, this option is only there if the TV supports LLDV.

However, it's possible that your HDMI chain isn't up to the job - if you have GUI framerate set to 4K60 then outputting LLDV at 60Hz at YUV 4:2:2 uses the full 18Gbps bandwidth of HDMI 2 so it doesn't take much for the HDMI chain to fail. For an 18Gbps signal all the HDMI cables need to be Genuine Premium Certified.

Try changing to 4K23 and see if you get a picture then.

To see if I can figure out what's going on can you upload your TV EDID (Zidoo connected directly to the TV)

To Download EDID
    ================

Settings/Display/Custom EDID/Save EDID

Save to a USB stick or network location.

Change the file extension from .bin to .txt to upload to the forum

(The forum won't accept .bin files)

supermood likes this.