Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD 1619BPD Players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Jun 30, 2023.

1. mustang5o

mustang5o New Member

I think the 12-bit limitation is with my HDMI capture card. If I decide to keep using MadVR maybe I'll upgrade to a better card. I may just try doing some custom curves with LLDV/HDR to compare with MadVR and see which way I prefer. Though I really enjoy having MadVR handling aspect ratio changes. In the past I had an anamorphic lens and I just let 16:9 content be stretched as I was too lazy to change it :).

Thanks!

2. misichavichus

misichavichus Member

How, for example, in the series, to choose between 1, 2, 3 and 4 :) Especially when the order of the desired sound track changes from series or from season to season to season
    I still did not understand why there is no such simple function. Or did not find. Maybe there are options?
    Tags of audio tracks in full format (with the name of the translator) does this apparatus still do not withdraw?
    Thanks for the answer.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2024
  3. anpehro

anpehro New Member

My X9S Pro cannot output DTS-HD-MA via HDMI passthrough to my AV receiver (Anthem MRX740). I have various mkv's, the AVR only sees the DTS Core. It can't be the settings. Is the current firmware not able to pass through DTS-HD-MA?
    It works perfectly with a friend's X9S on the Anthem.

4. Faceman2k24

Faceman2k24 Member

You don't have down-mix enabled in the settings do you? that cuts out the DTS and AC3 cores from HD and higher formats for compatability with spdif connections or older gear

And have you checked Raw output and the compatibility option?

5. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

What firmware are you on? An earlier version would not pass lossless audio if 'Settings> Audio> HDMI audio' was set to 'Auto'. Needed to set to 'RAW'. Fixed in later firmware's.

6. SpykeSIK

SpykeSIK New Member

What capture card do you have? Did you connect your Zidoo Z9X Pro directly to madvr and let it do tonemapping? How it compare to VS10?

7. mustang5o

mustang5o New Member

Decklink Mini Recorder 4K. All of my sources actually router through my AVR>Vertex2>MadVR PC(via DeckLink). Yes, MadVR is doing the tone mapping. I haven't done any comparisons at this time.

I do have the second HDMI output of my AVR going to input 2 on my projector so when I have time I can do some comparisons. What I really want to figure out is how to enable LLDV and be able to compare that to MadVR tone mapping. I believe there's a way to do LLDV output using Z9X Pro and if I used HDMI 2 it would by pass MadVR. So I could pause scenes and flip back and forth between HDMI 1/2.

SpykeSIK likes this.
  8. anpehro

anpehro New Member

Just cheked: Downmix is not enabled and HDMI is set to raw. What do you mean with "compatibility option"?

Running on 1.0.65.

9. anpehro

anpehro New Member

I installed 1.0.75 yesterday evening. With this version the pass through works now.
    The Z9X Pro still has problems with 192 kHz audio. It sounds badly distorted.
    DVD-Iso files usually only work once, then you have to reboot the box until the next one can be opened.

It copes quite well with the various mkv vidoes. Although I'll have to take another look. With some of them, the picture on my old 1080p Sony seems a bit too dark. The Sony cannot deal with HDR at all. What is the best setting for this. Probably set everything to SDR output?

Last edited: Mar 15, 2024
  10. Fifa

Fifa New Member

Hello Guys,
    I just got Z9X Pro yesterday. The firmware is 1.0.58 (It seems it is alpha version)
    I have two problems:

1- Playing AV1 4K video does not trigger HDR and shows on SDR and colors are washed out. (VP9 Version is completely OK)
    2- Some Dolby Vision files are played in SDR (NOT HDR) and some are OK.

11. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Upgrade firmware to current beta (see first post in this thread http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...20-pro-z2000-pro-z2600-uhd5000-release.97500/)

Then test again.

12. Fifa

Fifa New Member

I have heard this version adds lots of new bugs,
    is that true?

13. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

It fixes a lot of things, but it's true that it still has issues. Maybe try 1.0.65 first.

14. Fifa

Fifa New Member

Would you please let me know how I can download 1.0.65?
    and also let me know what are the big changes in 1.0.75 in comparison with 1.0.65.

15. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

16. Fifa

Fifa New Member

Thanks man,
    Which one do you prefer?
    Regarding my issue, in version 1.0.65, AV1 HDR is fixed?

17. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I always use the most up to date. There are a lot of fixes. Still issues but getting better. Not sure about AV1.

18. Faceman2k24

Faceman2k24 Member

I have a few AV1 HDR files in my test videos collection and they all played back in proper HDR on 1.0.75

The only time AV1 HDR played back in SDR was in SmartTubeNext, but that is understandable as a totally unofficial third party app, the built in player (directly or by ZDMC) play AV1 HDR just fine.

Fifa likes this.
  19. stacksmasher

stacksmasher New Member

Hello all! SMB does not like to transfer data so can we get an FTP service?
    How are you all moving files to your device?

20. Sanctrum

Sanctrum Active Member

Via SMB. No problems at all.

mustang5o likes this.