Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD 1619BPD Players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Jun 30, 2023.

1. Lexiconman

Lexiconman New Member

Has anyone provided recommended settings for someone with a MadvR envy? Going into a jvc laser projector?

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I'd assume you want the Envy to do all processing so you want everything native out the Zidoo so everything exactly as per "Main Settings" in the first post.

The only exception might be Resolution (which is only for the GUI) which is down to personal preference.

3. Raymen

Raymen New Member

Does the z2600 support this resolutions
    4096x2160p@60Hz,
    4096x2160p@59.94Hz,
    4096x2160p@50Hz,
    4096x2160p@30Hz,
    4096x2160p@29.97Hz,
    4096x2160p@24Hz,
    4096x2160p@23.976Hz,

On the futeko site they say it does

4. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I tried to play the following video on my Z9X Pro without success.

Code:
    General
    Unique ID                                : 145827326552359834976376979828496848395 (0x6DB5524D47E767DA60EF06F2168AD60B)
    Complete name                            : Z:\20_06_012.mkv
    Format                                   : Matroska
    Format version                           : Version 4
    File size                                : 1.78 GiB
    Duration                                 : 14 s 584 ms
    Overall bit rate                         : 1 051 Mb/s
    Frame rate                               : 24.000 FPS
    Encoded date                             : 2024-02-04 21:46:11 UTC
    Writing application                      : mkvmerge v82.0 ('I'm The President') 64-bit
    Writing library                          : libebml v1.4.5 + libmatroska v1.7.1

Video
    ID                                       : 1
    Format                                   : ProRes
    Codec ID                                 : V_PRORES
    Duration                                 : 14 s 584 ms
    Bit rate                                 : 1 051 Mb/s
    Width                                    : 4 096 pixels
    Height                                   : 2 160 pixels
    Display aspect ratio                     : 1.896
    Frame rate mode                          : Constant
    Frame rate                               : 24.000 FPS
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 4.950
    Stream size                              : 1.78 GiB (100%)
    Default                                  : Yes
    Forced                                   : No

5. Raymen

Raymen New Member

Thnx for trying

but in de settins menu there is’nt an option for one of this resolutions

6. Markswift2003

No, it supports up to 3840x2160p60.

7. Raymen

Raymen New Member

okee thnx

8. nmfrankl

nmfrankl Member

Is there a way to have the Z9x pro output HDR10 when DV is detected and have it output SDR when SDR content is detected?

9. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Hi Mark,

Info on Futeko claims it supports:

4096x2160p@60Hz,
    4096x2160p@59.94Hz,
    4096x2160p@50Hz,
    4096x2160p@30Hz,
    4096x2160p@29.97Hz,
    4096x2160p@24Hz,
    4096x2160p@23.976Hz,

https://www.futeko.com/products/MP134.php

10. Markswift2003

Not sure why - the 1619 supports up to 3840x2160p60 and if you import a full 4K EDID 4096x2160 modes are not available.

I don't have any 4096 content to test and see if it down scales but I doubt it.

@futeko.com , maybe you could comment?

11. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I tried a 4096x2160p@24Hz test file and it would not play

12. Azrael

Azrael Member

on the Ziddo Z2000 Pro page shows this:
    upload_2024-2-6_10-42-35.png

13. NoBiluS

NoBiluS New Member

Not sure... look at my test last night.
    My z2600 can use 4096 x 2160 and it match perfect with my projector and my screen. But its fonctionnal only for the frontend and not for playing movies.
    These resolutions are not fully available, it depend on your choice in HDR section (currently 4096x2160 is ok with DV VS10 for HDR, but not with DVLL (LLDV YUV422 12 bit).

On this subject, I don't see any visual difference when playing HDR in DV vs10 for HDR and DV Low Latency. I haven't tried it with an SDR though.

Attached Files:

14. Markswift2003

Very interesting! I've certainly learned something here.

So if you load an EDID with DCI-4K capability, you can in fact get the box to output DCI-4K if you use the Android settings although, as you say, not in DV or LLDV. In those modes, the maximum available resolution is 4K-UHD.

So there is a restriction here, possibly due to Dolby Vision, or possibly the SOC.

Also, if you force DCI-4K and then change HDMI mode (HDR mode or refresh rate), resolution reverts to 4K-UHD.

So this would explain why the Android resolutions above 4K-UHD haven't been exposed in the GUI - because they're not supported in all modes.

As I say, very interesting - good catch by @NoBiluS !!!

One thing probably even more interesting that any of this to me is that because of this I've discovered that my Samsung flatscreen supports up to DCI-4K60 despite not being advertised in the EDID! I wonder how many more displays are like this...

Reminds me when I discovered my Sony TV supported Dolby Vision despite it not being advertised in EDID and despite the fact it was release a couple of years before Sony actually released Dolby Vision TVs! Mad world.

Azrael likes this.
  15. limitz

limitz Member

Last edited: Feb 18, 2024
  16. Martin Farinha

Martin Farinha New Member

Hopefully I'm posting in the right section, if not I apologise.
    I have been looking into transferring my physical collection onto a server for a couple of years.
    There are two main reasons for this, firstly I have a daughter with learning difficulties who cannot handle the discs without help and secondly it would just be more convenient for the rest of us if we didn't waste hours trying to figure out what to watch and then have to go on a treasure hunt to find the disc.
    Having watched many YouTube videos I was convinced that Zapitti was the way to go, obviously that idea went down in flames quite quickly.
    The last year has been an upheaval as we have relocated to a different country and only now do I find I have the time to restart this passion project.
    I decided between what seemed like the only two options that best suited my needs and Zidoo would win out over R.volition as I'm not sure I can trust the latter because of their record and also because when I emailed them for help they seemed quite disinterested.
    I ordered two 16 tb ironwolf pro hdd's and a ripping drive with the intention of ordering the uhd5000.
    Both film and tv shows are equally important to us so I need something that will be great for both.
    In the last couple of days I have seen a few posts here and other places that are making me nervous about pulling the trigger on an 1100 euro machine that might have some issues.
    I am hoping the people here as owners would be able to clarify the pitfalls and plus points of my choice and help me make an informed decision.
    Thank you for listening to my ramble and thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.
    Martin.

17. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Just a thought. As you already have a pair of drives and and a ripping drive have you considered buying the cheaper Z9X Pro? It's the same chipset for movies\TV as the UHD5000 but would cost a lot less - maybe 300 euro? You could then buy a decent 2 bay NAS for the drives. Getting a NAS would give you a lot of other options such as ability to run a Plex or Jellyfin servers etc.

As I said just a thought

As for issues - yes there are. But with these sort of players there always is. I have a fairly small library of movies and TV series and have very few issues. Zidoo are pretty good at addressing problems but have been slower recently due to the popularity of their Eversolo audio devices taking focus away.

18. Markswift2003

Ok, first thing to say is these boxes, whether Dune, Zappiti, R_Boot or Zidoo all have issue in one way or another - you'll never find the perfect solution for every eventuality.

That said, I think the Zidoos are the best bet and have been for a few years now, but with a couple of caveats.

They're not very good at BD Menu. And I doubt that will change. If I was to put a figure on it, I'd say they're 90% there.

No good for streaming - horses for courses - if you want Netflix or Amazon etc, get an NVidia Shield - or just use your TV!

But for MKVs they're bomb proof.

So first question - MKVs or full BD rips?

Next is HT4 - the jukebox. Again, I think Zidoo is leaps and bounds ahead of the rest. Others will no doubt give varying opinions, but most of that comes down to scraping, and that comes down to file names and that comes down to the old adage "sh*t in, sh*t out".

Name your files sensibly and you've won most of the battle.

I've got Zappitis here, I've got Dunes here. I've even got one of the new AMLogic Dunes here to play with. I've had just about every media player going for the last 20 years (and still have most of them!).

And the one I use in my cinema when it matters, with £25K of speakers, a £10K screen lit by a £5K (at the time) projector is a less than £200 Zidoo Z9X (I haven't migrated the Pro in there yet).

And it's also the reason I got involved with helping in development of these boxes - I think they're the best of the bunch. I used to use Dunes in the old Sigma days but after Sigma exited the SOC market and HDR came on the scene, I tried a Zappiti, a Dune and a Zidoo all based on the Realtek 1295 and after a lot of mucking about stuck with Zidoo. Now we're 3 generations beyond that.

Not perfect, but be pragmatic and use them within their capabilities and they will serve you well.

xskip likes this.
  19. Martin Farinha

Hi Blenky,
    Those are excellent suggestions, my thought process would be that if I buy the entry level model and end up loving it then I will regret not buying the reference machine and with buying the two bay nas instead of say an eight bay I will have forgone future expandability.
    My original plan was to kick off with the 5000 because of the included 2 bays knowing that it would not be enough to store my collection but get me used to the process of ripping and storing. I am completely green when it comes to this stuff and the whole thing is going to be a slow learning curve for me.
    Martin.

20. Martin Farinha

Hi Mark,
    Again excellent suggestions, I'm definitely in the right place.
    Ok, my first impulse is to go with strictly mkv rips and if I ever wish to go through any extras then I can dig out the disc. The only caveat here is as I understand is the titles I have that use seamless branching for multiple versions, for example I recently picked up the 4k versions of the Star Trek movies and the original tv series on blu ray. Both sets have seamless branching. If it is possible to rip say Wrath of Khan twice to get both versions then I would be content with that solution but I am a complete novice with this stuff and am still looking for answers to many questions.
    Not interested in streaming services, looking to curate my own.
    Ht4, not come across that term up to now. By jukebox do you mean choosing cover art for a Netflix like experience? If so then that is one area I am most particular about.
    The ability to use original poster art for movies is one of the things I look forward to the most, always hated Photoshop dvd and bluray covers.
    Again, thanks for the positive and helpful reply, the people here seem to be a damned site more helpful than the help desk at r.volution.
    Martin.