New version 1.2.50/1.2.80 for DMP-A6/DMP-A8 release

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by mirror, Jan 31, 2024.

1. dmp6

dmp6 Member

Was anyone able to check if v1.2.50 firmware supports Tidal Max decoding to an external DAC?

2. zzeitg

zzeitg New Member

So now, when there's even the common playlist, the Last.fm implementation should be easier, right..? (I'd use a third party app, but not which I tried is able to scrobble from the Eversolo Music app.)

3. pnjunction

pnjunction Member

Actually, this update broke playing flac albums with cue.

4. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

OMG!

5. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Overall not a good FW update it seems.
    Please Eversolo concentrate on fixes and forget additions for a while please.

6. Remik

Remik Member

Don't write nonsense because everything works without any problems.

7. Remik

Remik Member

8. sk-victor

sk-victor Member

To be honest, I'm fed up with this. I actually only use Eversolo for UPnP. Now it is impossible completely. There's a Synology in the attic and I can't use it. I see some of the resources, and not always the same ones.

9. Uwe

Uwe Member

100% agree. It's time that the basics are all implemented and the firmware is stable.

neoitata, Desmodromic and Fergus like this.
  10. kitus

kitus New Member

I just updated my A6 and everything works smoothly. No trace of LMS though.

11. The Moog

The Moog Member

Do a reboot after the install, should turn up in the usual place.

12. pnjunction

pnjunction Member

Further investigation revealed that A6 with 1.2.50 update no longer see files .flac.cue, only .cue.
    When you copy file .flac.cue to .cue in the album folder, all works as before (it seems I work part
    time as eversolo QA).

13. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

The files should be either .flac or .cue
    The fact you see them .flac.cue is because EAC makes the CUE for the .wav and the .flac if you ask for conversion.
    Now, I agree that the extension should begin at the LAST ".", but for some reason now (maybe a library update in the software chain, or actually a bug...) the file extension is assumed to begin at the FIRST ".", and not matching any known file (that is, ".flac" and ".cue" are know extensions, while most probably ".flac.cue" is not, and the eversolo finds no file.
    As you noted, it suffices to rename them in just ".cue" for the things to work.
    (anyway, for cleanness I suggest - recommend? - you always name the files properly; and in case it is EAC doing the mess, maybe there is a configuration regarding the template of the CUE file name; I don't know, maybe from <title>,<format>."cue" try to make it <title>_<format>.cue (just a suggestion, you'll probably figure out what's best by yourself)

HTH

RolandG likes this.
  14. kitus

kitus New Member

Ok! I will do that later today and report back! Not sure if I’m on the right track but I ultimately want to see if I can access my Eversolo through iPeng, which offers a very very nice Apple Watch interface for LMS endpoints. Not sure if the LMS feature shipped in our Eversolos will allow me to do that.

15. The Moog

The Moog Member

I use Squeeze Connect, which is a similar app that controls LMS, so iPeng should work fine!

16. Delpo74

Delpo74 Member

Is there a way to delete the playlists that are created (I think 4 maximum).

17. kitus

kitus New Member

That would be such great news!!! I’ll report back!

18. Arcticpollen

Arcticpollen Active Member

Once the DMP is connected to LMS, iPeng on an i-device definitely sees the DMP as an available player. Works very nicely.

19. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

...out of curiosity: Is the 1.2.50 classified as "beta" or "stable"??

20. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

It is not pushed via OTA so regarded beta by me.

Reelyator likes this.