New firmware v2.0.25 version for ZIDOO X9S release

Discussion in 'X9S Official Firmware Releases' started by mirror, May 25, 2018.

1. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Hi best post on avforums as im there more so than here so to speak .

2. Ekul

Ekul Active Member

Ok, strange, with stream i mean playing episode from nas.
    720 25fps is ok but 1080 not.
    So if you play 1080 with 25fps your x9s switches tot 50fps? (Tv info button)

3. redscorpion133

redscorpion133 New Member

Hello mirror

Thanks for child lock update !

4. John7

John7 New Member

Yes, happy days, thanks for the child lock fix! Back to normality!

5. kayama728

kayama728 Member Beta test group

thank you Mirror
    please consider my request to give evidence of how many files are associated with the poster

is still there home theater on pc?

6. Chavdar Odzhakov

Chavdar Odzhakov New Member

Thanks for the good job! HT now recognize all my files!

7. Liebra

Liebra New Member

I still can’t play DVD .ISO-files or VIDEO_TS-folders.
    When will that issue be solved?

8. Stephane

Stephane New Member

I same problem.

Configuration : Auto 23,976/24 switch framerate only ON
    episode 25p, Info TV -> 50Hz.
    result : tremor
    All others video (24 / 23,xx / 30) it's ok .

Configuration : Output HDMI 720/60Hz Auto 23,976/24 OFF:
    episode 25p, Info TV -> 60Hz.
    result : stuttering only with Motion Rate (Motionflow tv) enabled. When disabled it's ok !!!
    All others video (24 / 23,xx / 30) it's ok .

Last edited: May 28, 2018
  9. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

@Stephane, can you check using some other player that can produce the output you want? It almost looks like you have issue with TV motion processor trying to work with 25fps over 60Hz HDMI port.
    You said it is OK when Motionflow is disabled.
    You should also download demo files 25fps and double check to eliminate the possibility of issue with your stream file.
    https://kodi.wiki/view/Samples#Codecs.2C_Framerates_and_Subtitles

I just checked one of my movies 25fps 1080p. I don't see anything abnormal with or without motion processing on my LG OLED E6.

What is:
    Info TV -> 25p ? Is this what the TV is showing you as source input?
    Output HDMI 60Hz ? Where do you see this?

10. GoldBar

GoldBar Member

Can anyone tell me where can I get this Child lock update?
    Is it a new version of HT2.0 ...where to download this one?
    Is it incorporated into v2.0.25 F/W ?

11. Theeraphon

Theeraphon Member

Once you install 2.0.25, you just run HT2.0. There will be a pop up screen telling you to upgrade, then click OK and install. Done.

3DBuff likes this.
  12. GoldBar

GoldBar Member

Thank you !

13. Icy

Icy New Member

HomeTheater 2.0, Music Theater 3.0 ...
    Why investing in those apps ... re-inventing the wheel ? Re-Create feature from scratch, with tons of bugs ?
    There still lots of bug in basic feature : frame rate, sub-title, image quality etc...

Why the Zidoo dev team don't put more effort in a better version of ZDMC (Kodi) ?

14. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Yea, sure better ZDMC would be OK but I actually enjoy HT very much. It all depend on what you are using it for. HT is a bit simpler compared to Kodi interface, has a lot less options and much better looking interface. I use it specifically for 4K and 3D movies. It gives me BD menus and most of the tags for 3D, 4K, audio etc. with movie sets and version A, B, C.. for 3D, 4K..

Can't get that in Kodi.

Very nice :)

x9suser likes this.
  15. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

yes i agree with you,

Ht2.0 must have improvements but I like it a lot and I do not use ZDMC any more

godalmighty likes this.
  16. Random_Vibration

Random_Vibration Active Member

I would think that if they could easily have made ZDMC support UHD, MVC 3D, DTS X bitstreaming, and Atmos bitstreaming they would've. At the time of release, Kodi 16 couldn't do what they wanted with the Realtek chipset. Thus, they made thier own media player and used Home Theater as an alternative front end. I haven't tried the ZDMC based off Kodi 17 but I would bet there are still realtek chipset support limitations that prevent Kodi from doing everything Zidoo wishes it to do.

17. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I use both HT and ZDMC.
    Home Theater for 3D and 4K only.
    ZDMC for much larger library of music and movies. I also use Raspberry Pi with Kodi 18 including latest night builds.

HT with 3D and 4K HDR BD menus is a showpiece :)

For larger libraries of music and variety of movies Kodi is probably a better option.

18. thrang

thrang Member

Nice update - but can you PLEASE add the option to ignore common sort words (The, A).

As it stands, way too many titles are aligned as “the...” making it unnatural to look for titles

Also, can you show the master count of titles at the top of the screen? If many titles are in collections, the count is not a true title count...it helps to determine if any files have been skipped.

Vinny4K and litlgi74 like this.
  19. Please allow to disable blutooth on startup... makes my unit unstable.

20. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I finally found some time today to upgrade to firmware v2.0.25. Much smoother than I expected. I didn't clear any data. The system was upgraded, fresh copy of HT 2.0 applied and my movie collection in HT was preserved as it was before with matching movie sets and total count :)

Looking through my set I discovered another issue. I have couple of ISO movies that don't play correct chapter sequence. The solution in Kodi was to select correct playlist manually. I can't find a way to do it in Zidoo at all. HT 2.0 has no way to select playlists. There is no option to browse into ISO under media browser. ZDMC is also limiting browsing to the first layer before I can get to playlist folder. I'm not quite sure if this is limitation of ZDMC, Kodi 17 or Aeon Nox skin. I can't get back to default Estuary skin either. After selection screen ges black and back to Aeon Nox.

Is anybody able to select playlist within ISO file?

Edit:
    Looks like this is limitation of Kodi 17.

Last edited: May 29, 2018