New firmware v1.3.0 beta version for ZIDOO X9S released

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by mirror, Mar 4, 2017.

1. javarix

javarix Member

Amazon and Netflix Bug is a great fix.

Subtitles??, ok, DVD Menu?? ok. but now is not really important for me and several others. It would be nice if you would fix important problems. Without subtitles I can live, probably need far less than the hdmi recording app. I see here the priorities set completely wrong. Basic functions should work. secondary has time. If I have no subtitles is nevertheless no matter or principal of the movie runs with audio sound. If I can not recording without jerky screens over hdmi this problem is more important for me. Is like a car without a steering wheel otherwise I would have bought something else. I do not think the subtitles were now the most important reason for a purchase. Or what? Think about it.

But thanks that I get here a reasonable answer from you

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

First thing: I don't work for zidoo, i have no saying in what gets fixed and what not.
    Second thing:
    Let me disagree with you on one point, you can never have a priority that will satisfy all parties, you say subtitle its not that important, other say it's the most important, and you have another guy that say's " what's a subtitle ? i want one, is it free ?"
    I think most important part is to do it right the first time so we don't have to report/request the same thing again and again. The priority part is just a matter of personal opinion, as long as its done eventually, and done right, i'm ok with it. Trust me, you will want a longer wait but a good pass on the HDMI recording app bugs and improvements, than a rushed fix that will brake other function.

3. javarix

javarix Member

They are right to wait before a quick fix is made which does not work, i confirm but I'm waiting long enough. Since the beginning of november 2016 I can not use the device as I bought it from zidoo. And the hdmi recording was for me the REASON to BUY. Almost half a year wait is enough. And forgive me when I say i will wait no longer, then 2 pieces x9s are sold and I buy something else, something that works. I hope you understand this now?

4. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

Sure i understand, not sure you have other options tho. The boxes that can record HDMI are limited, unless you get a dedicated capture card ( and those things are not cheap ).

What source are you recording? i only tested HDMI in once, and think i used 29,9.. fps

5. javarix

javarix Member

Try to record something from ama*** or netf***. Neither in hd 1080p or 1080i 1080i 60hz or 50hz. Not 4k. Screen are jerky and no lipsync. At a 25hz source from sky or local tv programs goes without problems. 25hz the same jerky for ama*** and netf***. I use the original fire tv box hardware not the cheaper usb stick from amazon.

Where is written the hdmi input is limited?

6. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

7. javarix

javarix Member

from your link: Settings include HDMI 2.0, because Zidoo X9S suports HDMI 2.0 input up to 4K 60 Hz, although it will record the input at 1080p30 max. If the input is 60 Hz, it will record at 30 fps, and 50 Hz to 25 fps.

Do you mean now the hardware can not? But here is up to 4k 60hz!

The source would have to fit so only sync to low hz does not fit.

As it is now he loses the half of the hz if a source has 60hz and is down-counted to 30. the same from 50hz to 25hz Then it does not surprise me when it jerks.

8. javarix

javarix Member

OK. They say software limitation. Hopefully the problem will be resolved soon. thanks for your answers.

9. olisun

olisun Member

While I tend to somewhat agree with you here the priority should be to fix the basic stuff what the player has been design and advertised to do. A smooth playback of local files!!!! And it shouldn't be too hard to fix that for most of the file formats.

If I wanted Amazon or Netflix, I and so do others would have gone for an alternative product.

10. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Downscaling and encoding is typically done via a chip in HW. I am very pessimistic about getting better specs than what is available now: 1080P@25p/30P with 2 channel SD audio. I see many having the illusion that UHD Netflix/HBO etc etc can be recorded lossless with it, but offering that will very probably immediately lead to legal actions from those sources. These sources mandate certified boxes to receive UHD network streams which includes a check on no-recording. My gut feeling says "simply forget it". Also valid for the few other brand media players offering HDMI-IN I am aware of. Only cable and satellite receivers typically can record lossless capturing the full stream (what you see live is what you get recorded).

Indeed stating that up to 4K@60Hz is accepted as HDMI input easily triggers the assumption that is being recorded also in that format. Specifying clearly also the exact recording capabilities is essential.

11. tomeeli

tomeeli Member

During all this waiting time I did not wait for an answer on the problem with YouTube kids, Google play music. So I ordered a new minix u9-h. I hope that with the support of a team of MINIX will be better. Of course time will tell, but your team even can't announce that the fix in a future firmware!

12. nikos_a

nikos_a Active Member

Guys, mind you that some issues may not be entirely related to Zidoo. RTD1295 is a relatively new chip and Zidoo was the first company to use it. I believe that the Zidoo team are doing the "dirty work" for Realtek aka identifying bugs and trying to fix them with the Realtek techs. If you read some of the fixes for Zappiti boxes are exactly the same as the Zidoo ones. This makes me think that Zidoo is actually used all our feedback to make the whole RTD1295 experience better for the market. Just for this, they deserve some respect.

Meanwhile I have an issue with my AVR and how it works with x9s (fails to lock in true color when it boots) but I will make a different post and support it with video.

13. skank

skank Member Beta test group

@mirror: any chance next update brings kodi 17?

14. zidology

zidology New Member

And I believe we are doing the "dirty work" for Zidoo - And we payed for it. At least they could a little bit more "talk" with us here...

Best regards

javarix likes this.
  15. javarix

javarix Member

sorry but I'm waiting for this question to answer a professional. This is not sure at the moment that it does not work to record of 60 / 50hz sources. maybe 3:2 pulldown problem ?
    I think its time to come now an answer directly from zidoo with an official statement for this case.

Settings include HDMI 2.0, because Zidoo X9S suports HDMI 2.0 input up to 4K 60 Hz, although it will record the input at 1080p30 max. If the input is 60 Hz, it will record at 30 fps, and 50 Hz to 25 fps.

16. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

"Quote javarix"
    Subtitles??, ok, DVD Menu?? ok. but now is not really important for me and several others.

Ok, fine for you.
    For me and others it's important!
    I (and lots of others) don't give a **** about HDMI recording. Please stop complaining on every page on this topic about it. You make your point. Make your own topic here: http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?forums/zidoo-x9s.23/
    Everyday crying doesn't help.

17. javarix

javarix Member

Come back, if you want to discuss factually. And if something do not like it what I write then ignore me. thanks

ps: Strange, why is another buyer almost offensive?:eek:

18. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

Quote javarix
    "ps: Strange, why is another buyer almost offensive?:eek:"

Your reaction:
    "Subtitles??, ok, DVD Menu?? ok. but now is not really important for me and several others. It would be nice if you would fix important problems. Without subtitles I can live, probably need far less than the hdmi recording app. I see here the priorities set completely wrong. Basic functions should work. secondary has time. If I have no subtitles is nevertheless no matter or principal of the movie runs with audio sound. If I can not recording without jerky screens over hdmi this problem is more important for me."

was so selfish, it looked like they are only updating for you. That's arrogant.
    I can not understand why its neccesary to complain on every page on this thread about the HDMI recording.
    Everyone (Members, Tech supporters, everyone here) knows now the problems pages ago. I Also have problems with subtitles and yes i have wrote them here, but should i write the same probs 6 times on every page? Thats anoying.
    I think that its better if you want to discus such probs, you better create an own topic?

19. nikos_a

nikos_a Active Member

I agree that posting the same thing over and over again in a topic may lead to the tech team missing feedback from users about x9s issues.

Please guys, chill out and don't turn this topic into personal attacks. Let's focus on providing feeback for the firmware.

20. Ayokoya

Ayokoya Member

Can you asked them to fixed the anywhere mouse 2 bluetooth re-pairing issue please? Its just a small fix for a giant leap in quality of life improvement :)