New firmware v1.3.0 beta version for ZIDOO X9S released

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by mirror, Mar 4, 2017.

1. javarix

javarix Member

Stay cool and bring your questions directly to zidoo if your subtitles have problems or other Problems. sorry but does not intress me. Please go with your frustration direct to zidoo, I can do nothing for what the first fixed. It will not change what they fix first. Subtitle or hdmi recording. No matter what we write here. Zidoo will do what they will publish. I am not your contact, that is zidoo on which you can frustrate. Zidoo would solve the problem or ask questions, I would not report 6 pages of a problem. Believe me that

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Educated guess why the next update takes so long: Fairly simple the X10 is announced with official new features like BD Menu support. So the X10 introduction more than likely will have a big new release with some fancy new features V1.4 or V2.0 I guess. Once released these will drip down again to the X9s and X8.

So patience we will need to wait for the introduction/shipment of X10, nothing will happen before that. ;)

javarix likes this.
  3. javarix

javarix Member

You are certainly right with your guess! If the x9s can do everything then who should buy the x10?

But, in actual fact, it does not matter to me they should sell the x10 with BD Menu Support. :rolleyes:No Problem but i need the x9s with HDMI IN RECORDING !!! :)LOL:)

4. nikos_a

nikos_a Active Member

For those who tried the new BD Menu, in what resolution and Hz did it lock when booting to a menu? In the test I did, during the trailers that are usually before the movie and the Menu, it locks to 1080p@60Hz. And then, when I start playing the movie, the Hz continue to be at 60Hz and this means several, several hickups. See the video

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8SLZyU3x_wJM2JCUWRzWkNNSEE

5. transel

transel New Member

Do you really think it’s positive for zidoo’s brand reputation to let customers hang on a poor functioning product because of release of a new box they promise to be fabulous. What will people interested in zidoo’s products do seeing such negative comments of customers they should support? I’d say many will wait with buying until they see more positive responses or they will just buy another brand. Zidoo has to react now and do things better, it’s incredible they let so much time pass by without solving functions they price to be outstanding (e.g. HDMI IN), otherwise they could be out of the race soon. Btw would be nice if at least zidoo’s “engineers” would tell us what they are going to do to solve this mess until when. Thank you.

javarix likes this.
  6. zidology

zidology New Member

You can get this impression! The bluray menu for the coming X10 seems to work perfectly - If you believe Zidoos advertising:
    "It supports Full Blu-Ray menu navigation which is as authentically as Blu-Ray DVD players."
    When will that become reality for the X9s ??
    I was also happy and gladly accepted their bluray menu gift. But what should I do whith it if it does not work properly?! This takes my time and makes me angry, brings me frustration.
    A beta version is something different!
    I'm not pleased that no one from Zidoo developers reports here something about troubleshooting solution or tells us if the problems with X9s can be solved soon!

Their advertising motto "WE LEAD,THEY FOLLOW" gets an interesting meaning.

It greets the stupid sheep

javarix likes this.
  7. sem1903

sem1903 New Member

actually i bought this device for blu ray menu support and media player function i dont interest android function beta firmware in blu ray menu big improvision but somtimes blu ray menu dont play only directly play

8. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

X9S was never promised full blu-ray menus, but at the moment quite useless. I use my 3 year old popcorn media player for full menus and is 100% perfect in that regard. Like the post above if the x10 is promised full menu support and is working like the X9S this will be bad for the company. Also other issues need to be addressed first before adding new functions to the X9S.

9. javarix

javarix Member

Real, its true? Never promised? HDMI IN Recording was advertised and promised.

Future visions: why I throw a product like the x10 on the market when the x9s is not even finished. Clear case the need money.
    Is also nothing bad of zidoo. No one does for nothing

but...

I think all buyers who have an incomplete x9s, buy not the x10 . With us the current x9s buyers, no money can be earned economically.

Sooner or later we will all have a problem here in the forum. Which is not sold will probably in future synonymous no more firmware receive. These thoughts are seen from the perspective of a company. In the future one is dependent on the goodwill of zidoo. It can come differently, of course. Maybe we should put all together and ask a programmers team to finish the x9s.

I hope however it is different and the people of zidoo make from this part the best what ever.

I hope I hope and wait for a working HDMI In Recording app. For my part I only want to record hdmi signals for the rest I have other devices. And press the thumbs for the people waiting for the BD menu, even if I like it is above me to read is not sold with it. And, of course, everyone should get what he paid for.

As long as no direct representative of zidoo reports here it will be difficult whether one is with the assumptions right or wrong.
    And now it only remains to wait. What is fixed and what we still get for our money on functions.

Sorry but, we can not do more than wait.

I'm still waiting for the next firmware version. If there is no full working HDMI In recording again. Has done for me zidoo and two x9s and are sold.

Greetings from a sheep more

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  10. Ayokoya

Ayokoya Member

If you people play with enough of other android boxes, you get to appreciate that zidoo support is by far the best, but they are no where near ideal. Take Tronsmart as an example, they were the best a year ago until their support team disappeared with all their newly launched products in half baked piece of crap states. A competitor recently launched a box similar to X9S/X10 based on the same RDT1295 chipset with quarter baked firmware that left the CNX-software reviewer said he cannot review the box until he has new firmware to fix the network connection.

The X9S may be an overkill for my need, since I am not pushing the envelop of this box. Other than DIVX format, it plays everything I can throw at it with no stuttering, even over the gigabit LAN.

Having boxes base on the latest chipset does not always mean great, it just mean another round frustration dealing with bugs. I rather see matured products with improvement such as same chipset speed up and features added, or removed for cost reduce product such as X8, or strip down X8.

11. Jepsa

Jepsa New Member

Hello,

i am a patient reader of all this forum talking.

I got my x9s already, but i will only trying it next weekend..

But i feel that i have to write this:

on my mind:

1º - I purchased x9s because i noticed good reviews of it, and because it's starting to have BD ISO menus support! <----- clicked on pay now immediately.
    2º - After this, and almost 2 weeks have passed, i started to read about new x10! and i started to think... ummm, did i really sent my money out of window?
    3º - Don't ever forget that one brand is made by is customers, for the good and for the bad!
    4º - If i don't see any improvements in new FW regarding menus, hdmi recording, playback issues and watever problems customers are pointing here for x9s, and i see that all zidoo focus is turned into x10, completing forgetting all x9s customers. Believe me, that it's the last time i haver purchase a media player. As for sure, that i will say good bye to my already spent money.

But, i will try to do my best to test my x9s this weekend to see if it fits my concerns and my desires.

Regards,

12. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

Many years ago i bought a media player called xtreamer (shocking company and was banned from the forums) for my frustrations of buying a product and not working as advertised(no HDaudio). Less than a year another player came out with this does HDaudio of course i did not buy and never would buy again from them. Zidoo do seem to be making an effort with regular firmware updates but will it now slow down with a new player arriving only time will tell.

Trp3383 likes this.
  13. Herve

Herve New Member

Problèmes de durée et de restriction à 4g ont été réparés.Cela donne enfin de l'intérêt au x9s.
    Revenir au 1.2.3 image
    Mise à jour 1.2.7 USB zip
    mise à jour 1.3.0 USB zip
    Formatage HDD en exfat
    super cool
    Merci équipe zidoo...

14. sem1903

sem1903 New Member

i tried 15 blu ray iso files half of them not play menus when chose play with menu movie plays directly if i cant use menu and special option why i download 44 gb files i chose remux files and turn back to my old media player + have 150 dollar in my vallet

15. tiqq

tiqq New Member

@gadgetman
    Same here with the xstreamer - and I got banned because I asked for source to be able to contribute...

@all
    From all what I read about the X10 - it's the same hardware, only the case will change!
    So why do you fear that the the support for the X9S and even the X8 will drop because of the X10?

16. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

This is a BETA firmware, if you want full functions, wait for the OFFICIAL release, don't upgrade to beta and expect full.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
  17. Can zidoo confirm they are working on the resolving the audio output problem with users that have air mouses with built in speaker and microphones.

18. nikos_a

nikos_a Active Member

19. zidology

zidology New Member

Maybe I should kick the bluray menu in the bin and look forward, that at least the other nasty, small bugs soon disappear.
    Do you have more detailed information about the OFFICIAL release date?

20. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

Yes, never ask for date.

Braubursch and javarix like this.