New firmware v1.0.30 for ZIDOO X6 release

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by mirror, Jan 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jambam

jambam Member

Another thing that got mentioned is YouTube playback which is jerky at best like playing at 10fps . pls put in the list to fix

2. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Have you read ALL my posts?
    I don't think so...
    There are problems also on my X6. Not enough to throw it away.
    I'm satisfied for the most use I do with it, anyway not completely.

Some examples:
    • Latest FW solved some issue, but, for example, now native player (Media Center) is no more able to access SMB shares. And no workaround or patch was yet proposed by Zidoo team.
      A lot of us hope this will be solved in next FW release.
    • Kodi, even latest debug version, on some MKV files with H264 encoding stutter a lot. On others files playing doesn't start immediately, but I need to do it some times, then it plays.
      The latter is not a big trouble, but is not a good symptom.
    • Youtube stutter, not always but often. Interface is not made/optimized for an TV Box, but this is by Google design. And the OGYouTube is not a solution, neither has an interface usable by Zidoo IR Remote. And I don't like it at all. But is my taste.
    • Android TV Youtube doesn't solve problems, at least on my X6. Strangely its interface is not enough usable from Zidoo IR Remote. Unfortunately I've not a real Android TV device with relevant remote controller to identify differences.
    • Is not possible to change Android fonts and size, the latter is something that all Android ROM I've seen has, but not Zidoo one. Maybe I'm the only one that wish this possibility.
    • Android Audio Volume has different sliders, but they are linked each other in a such way, so is not possible to tune each separately.
    • Native support for access external USB CD/DVD drive is partial, only CD are recognized even mounted in a strange path, but, to tell the truth, in oldest FW version neither CD was handled.
      May be I'm the only one interested for this capability...
    I'm doing all my best to help other users, I'f I can, and also help Zidoo developers to solve ASAP issues.
    But, because in my environment I can't test FHD, 4K or 3D video material, I hope some others keen and collaborative users will give useful information to Zidoo Developers.

3. Solo_7777777

Solo_7777777 New Member

I am from Bulgaria, sorry for my english. And to me not 90% of the problems that list do your hard reset tv boh. I have a question of the old TV boh double tap could zoom the page in the browser or a scroll button to make a zoom, and this box can not. Can anybody help me.

4. tienlequoc

tienlequoc Member

Anything news, Zidoo team?

5. PacoRabanne

Is not a touchscreen device, some things you are used to do on a Smartphone/Tablet are not (easily) feasible.
    May be you can do it with a external keyboard with multitouch touchpad, but mine is not able.

Any advice from other users?

6. krio

krio New Member

How many times do you think to erase post instead answering to my question? I'll give you negative feedback in all the forum and online reseller, like Amazon. Isn't this the right way to develop an android box and release new sw. Now delete also this post

7. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

We will release the firmware according to our plan, and you should know there are a lot of boxes with no firmware updates. At the same time, we have been listening to the feedback of customers. We don't want to have duplicate information. It's a disaster.This is ZIDOO forum, and we don't want any comments about competing products.RK3368 no 10bit HEVC support,It depends on the chip,not zidoo.There are some errors in ROCKCHIP's official spec, but we removed it in time.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
  8. krio

krio New Member

Ok, what do you say your firmware release plan? when will be the next release?

9. Anton_S

Anton_S New Member

Krio - give it a rest will you, and stop sounding like a petulant child. Let the Developers concentrate on their job and have some patience.

10. krio

krio New Member

i asked to you something? have you given me the money to buy this buggy box? i think no, so shutup.

Juri and dorol like this.
  11. Rene Veen

Rene Veen Member

I don't think this behavior will solve your problems.
    Let the developers do their work. Problem fixing takes time and is hard work.
    You cannot foresee all problems. Not even a Microsoft.
    Be patient and hopefully version 1.31 of the firmware solves ,most of the problems.
    Zidoo X6 is a good tv box for daily use, things can only be better with the next release.

12. Juri

Juri New Member

I am tired about Zidoo X6 "Pro". I sent my device back to seller.

13. MadAndron75

MadAndron75 New Member

Do not forget about the promised previously Auto Framrate in the native player.
    And if we can make the delay time of subtitle.

Paulus likes this.
  14. Paulus

Paulus Member

+1 on both

15. HortonTV

HortonTV New Member

I've not found any serious issues after the update. Everything seems to be working like you'd expect

Rene Veen likes this.
  16. quorumz

quorumz New Member

are the plex plugins still working in kodi 16 if I upgrade to this firmware?
    when can I expect a working Netflix for UHD? (android tv version crashes back to dashboard)
    when can I expect a working youtube in UHD? (not that lame version which still cannot play UHD)
    thanks

17. daitarn 3

daitarn 3 Member

it is possible downgrade to firmware version 1.0.27?

18. PacoRabanne

I'm afraid, I think never.
    There are some posts in this forum and around in internet that pointed out that Netflix don't like to give certification to TV BOX producers. And it also costs a lot.
    I hope this is feasible, but Youtube client is made by Google, so at least it need some modding

I'll like to receive a confirmation about from Zidoo.

Read the FAQ.

19. agmarco

agmarco Member

A long thread and I am not sure if I missed it but how about the sound issue? Dolby Digital 5.1 worked on my old device but know no signal or sound when pass-through is enabled. I use SPDIF optical to receiver DTS/DD but no multichannel sound with pass-through enabled. What I found is that MX Player Pro doesn't give sound when the audio is multichannel, but when I enable HW+ decoder then I have sound. Still no multichannel for what it seems. And I want to mention this. Zidoo technical team is probably not the same team who advertised and promised us things about the X6 Pro. They do what they can and they are listening to us. Maybe they can not solve everything but don't burn these guys down. Complain at the reseller or whatever. Thanks guys.

20. pjm

pjm Member

I recently upgraded from v1.0.23 to v1.0.30 and lost the sound to my TV.

I am using a Mele F10-PRO Air Mouse, one of who's features is a remote headset jack, and it seems that with the v1.0.30 upgrade all sound is being directed to the remote control, instead of the TV speaker.

Unplugging the Mele F10-PRO Air Mouse dongle, allows the sound to go back to the TV.

Anywhere I can change the sound settings to stop sound going to the Air Mouse by default, instead of the TV?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.