New firmware v1.0.30 for ZIDOO X6 release

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by mirror, Jan 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goujam

Goujam Member

That's strange your receiver says dts-ma so it must be getting the signal to know that. If it wasn't getting audio it wouldn't show that

dorol likes this.
  2. skyhigh

skyhigh New Member

Now after the "upgrade" to 1.3.0, Kodi crashes Black Screen!and the old problem of a unusable remote...
    To use a Beta Version of Kodi, who brings almost new versions on a daily basis..is out of my understanding!
    No idea who came to such an idea by Zidoo! I think, the X6 is a kind of paperweight sooner or later!

3. Goujam

Goujam Member

Yeah looks like it is a handshake problem. I brought my box right at the start far too late to send mine back. All I want is bitstream HD audio and proper 23.976 playback. Which was promised from day one, wish I'd have gone for a nvidia shield now HD audio is working (well bodged). I'm hoping the new amlogic 905 chip maybe my answer they seem pretty cheap but won't be getting the zidoo one

nice159 likes this.
  4. gridlock

gridlock Member

me too.... any S905 brand will do , but not zidoo...

5. Abel

Abel New Member

Hi all,

Is it just me or aren't there any PVR addons included in this version of Kodi Beta 4 (Firmware .30) ?

Second question: Is there a(nother) way to put my device in standby modes. I can do it with the original remote but I'm not using that one. I'm using HDMI CEC?

Thanks for answering,
    Abel

6. portokali00

portokali00 Member

Not recognising external subtitles through Zidoo media center. (source is NAS HDD)
    KODI does recognise.
    I think that native player can not "see" moovies stored in NAS HDD but I have to test it again for sure.

7. nguyễn hong

nguyễn hong New Member

Hi @mirror .This my report from new user about Ziddo x6 firmware .30
    -
    I mean is not known due to firmware or no way I can not play m3u this ?
    I do not use it on IPTV software (download on google play ) , and even by Kodi tv stream ?
    Lays using mobile (smart phone LG G , or Kodi on a laptop , they use normal ) ?

8. jbv

jbv Member

Hi gridlock,

Are your 2 x USB drives powered from the USB port?
    If so, have you tried using a powered hub?
    I have done quite a bit of testing with the USB ports.
    I have found some USB issues. I will document and report these in another message.

Using a powered hub (with 3.1A USB power available), I was able to connect 2 x USB HDDs (powered from the USB port) and watched a complete movie (using Kodi player) from 1 drive without any pause or dropout.

Cheers

9. portokali00

portokali00 Member

I don't know what is the problem in Kodi. Just can not play any add on .
    Can not open NAS HDD (Only with native file manager).
    I take the messenger unknown error.

10. gridlock

gridlock Member

Thanks for the reply bro.... i'm using just a simple 4 usb ports hub with no power source attached... i would struggle with cables if i'll be using a powered one.... the thing is ; i'm using one of the ports on the x6 pro for my mele remote , or else would've never suffered with the lack of ports.... thanks

11. thelankygeek

thelankygeek New Member

Guys, what on earth have you done to kodi on this firmware. why would you release a firmware with a beta kodi?? are you mad.

this is a really poor update, where are all the PVR addons gone from kodi? it's also very unstable. the majority addons I use don't work anymore

Is it possible to downgrade back to firmware .27 as this firmware is garbage.

12. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Flash (from a Windows PC and following the procedure you'll find somewhere on Zidoo site) the only flashable release, the 1.0.19 image (keep in mind that it erase ALL), then unse the OTA version you like.

13. dimtris

dimtris Member

Hey everyone
    The only thing that makes me happy is that I didn't try v 30 still 27
    I'm looking that problems haven't stopped are still there
    An adevise for zidoo team for the next version ___take your time wait stable kodi 16 go through
    The only think that I hate is you want fancy think try simple and stable
    Everyone how dosen'the like
    hard decoded homepage on browser
    The fancy Chinese repository
    In kodi or zidoo repository
    We know that you must change things on decoding
    OK but stop there
    ☆☆☆☆ Simple☆☆☆☆
    How like this suggestion and support them can we open a threat about them to make that happen

Thank you

14. John.m

John.m New Member

First of all X6 is (could be) a wonderful machine. Sound x bitstream HDMI with Kodi working fine all formats dolby true hd, hddma, atmos 7.1 you name it plays. However connected 4 drives using 2 hubs 1 of the hubs is powered X6 crashes after sapprox. 20 playback of a file. Before this Zidoo i had a divco Android A1 it played on android 1.... without Kodi. I had it for many years connecting several drives, all known formats played without any problems it seemed to me that this machine was outdated and so i decided to take a shot at the Zidoo X6. Had i known upfront that all these problems would occur i would have choosen a other device. Zidoo solve the major problems one at the time without all these patches.
    Luckily i only have one "small" problem that it crashes all the time it looks like a buffering problem anyone any idea???
    Iám still convinced that this can be a leader in mediadevices however a long way ahead to get there.

15. PILUSO

PILUSO New Member

I tested firmware v 1.0.30:

DTS-HD: OK
    DOLBY TRUE HD: OK
    NO MORE CRASHES OR BLACK SCREEN
    AUDIO SYNC: MUCH BETTER THAN OLDER FW.

v. 1.0.30 is the best firmware so far. However, auto refresh rate still doesn't work in kodi. This is a serious issue. You have to select the correct hz in "hdmi settings" of ziddo for every mkv file. My Tv is 1080p. I have to set:
    1080p 50 hz for mkv 50 fps
    1080p 24 hz for mkv 23,976 or 24 fps
    1080p 60 hz for mkv 30 o 60 fps

If you don't set the correct hz for every mkv file, video video playback is very defective, and hardware acceleration doesn't work fine and causes audio sync issues. If you set the correct hz for every mkv file video playback is Ok. It's very annoying selecting the correct hz every time you want to use video playback.

You could add auto refresh rate in general HDMI settings of zidoo x6 (just like many others andorid box), so this feature might work both kodi and zidoo theater. Also, you could fix auto frame rate in kodi.

I would like to Know if zidoo team will fix auto refresh rate. I Think zidoo x6 would be much better then.

Another important issue to fix is 1080p/23,976 video playback.

Thanks, and sorry for my English.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
    nice159 likes this.
  16. Bernd

Bernd New Member

Hello!
    I recently updated to 1.0.30.
    Am I the only one that recognized that 3d bluray iso playback in Kodi is gone? The output is only in 2D.
    Or have I somthing missed in the settings?

LG
    Bernd

17. portokali00

portokali00 Member

External subtitles do not work through native player even if you download them thay do not appear. I have these problem streaming moovies through network. Not tried usb or external HDD .
    Also could you fix PVR add ons please. Kodi is useless without them.

18. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

PILUSO, you mean that you must change Zidoo X6 HDMI settings in X6 setting panel every time you play a MKV file with different frame rete?
    Seems related to the problem already reported (may be firstly in tis post http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...or-zidoo-x6-release-beta.649/page-2#post-3823 ) that in any FW until now HDMI output settings doesn't remain saved on Auto as it should be, but changes and remain on another refresh rate.

Anyway, if this is the issue, must be solved ASAP.

Also will be nice if Zidoo Developers can confirm if X6 will be able to handle 1080P/23.976 or not.

19. bovirus

bovirus Member Beta test group

Why in the file name there is X6+Pro?

What does Pro mean "Pro" in the firmware file name?

20. PILUSO

PILUSO New Member

In fact, that is the problem. If you select "auto" in zidoo X6 HDMI settings, refresh rate always changes to 1080p/60 hz, and remain on 1080p/60 Hz. It never changes to 1080p/24 Hz or 1080p/50 Hz. If you a play a mkv file with 24 fps, zidoo x6 should change refresh rate to 1080p/24 Hz, not to 1080p/60 HZ. Also, auto refresh rate doesn't work in kodi when you select auto refresh rate in kodi settings.

As I said, I would like to know if zidoo team will fix auto refresh rate, because this issue leads to many video playback problems, and It's very annoying selecting the correct hz every time you want to use video playback.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.