New firmware v1.0.23 for ZIDOO X6 release(beta)

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by mirror, Nov 14, 2015.

1. Goujam

Goujam Member

This is worrying about support dropping on older product after a new product comes along as Ive seen zidoo are going to release a amlogic s905 box will that be the end of the x6 support

2. skank

skank Member Beta test group

Is it not possible to use way of reading the stream file like native player , in fact use the complete native player (codec, demux and audio sync) but only with kodi gui?

3. quorumz

quorumz New Member

just like update 1.0.22 kodi exists to homepage after playing UHD or atmos mkv files..

4. tofinofin

tofinofin New Member

Hi
    Sorry , before usage I installed directly the kast 1.0.23 version, so I don't know if thefollowing where already present even b3fore:
    - volume of notification cannot be changed, ie you change but then it is not saved;
    - youtube app preinstalled, u cannot scroll down with the given remote, neither in defaukt mode, nor in mouse mode.
    Any help?
    Thanks

5. simple6

simple6 New Member

Hi zidoo team,
    I tried 1.0.23 beta to see if the issues I came across with 1.0.22 and the out of sync AUDIO/VIDEO have been resolved. I can confirm that this issue remains exactly the same with 1.0.23 beta. The sync between AUDIO/VIDEO breaks when the audio is passthrough my AV receiver. I hope this is helpful so it can be more quickly addressed. My X6 is unusable at the time.

6. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

+1

7. eullin

eullin New Member

Hi

The new beta 1.0.23 support HEVC 10Bits?

Thanks
    Regards

8. marek021

marek021 New Member

I totally agree Simple6. I've got a kick-ass Pioneer receiver that can't keep anything synced when passthrough is enabled. Oh yeah, Zidoo support team, before you ask, yes, I do have the correct HDMI cable. Just live up to your hype. That's all we ask.

9. Michael M

Michael M New Member Beta test group

I too am having all kinds of sync issues. My chromebox plays everything I throw at it but this device has been a monumental pain in the butt, mainly this audio sync. Passthrough has been solved for quite some time with other boxes. What gives with this miracle device? Honestly if it wasn't such a hassle to return this thing I would have already. I have wasted way too much time tinkering around with it. :(

nice159 likes this.
  10. nice159

nice159 Active Member

11. Goujam

Goujam Member

Got to agree far too much time is being spent trying to get advanced feature like 3d frame packing going when the very basics are being missed. Can zidoo not concentrate on proper sync and 23.976 playback. I think the saying is "learn to walk before you run"

12. Michael M

Yes nice159. Zidoo needs to make this right somehow.

13. ilan shnaidmesser

ilan shnaidmesser New Member

hello , first time here
    i got a few questions :
    1. how can i enter the closed beta forum ?
    2.how can i go back to 1.0.22 ver after installing 1.0.23 since on 1.0.23 and i keep getting black screen for a sec or so while watching kodi(it started to happen after a few mins of watching) this didn't happen on 1.0.22

i tried to install from update->local update (1.0.22 zip) but it fail.
    i tried to do a factory reset from android settings and i still keep getting the latest version

thanks

14. simple6

simple6 New Member

I have similar thoughts; there is little point to concentrate on the advanced features since the basic playback with pass through is not there yet...

To give some more details, I've tried more than one hdmi cables, and my AV receiver is also a pioneer as marek021's. Another issue that might be related to this is that the HDMI output setting in the android menu (not kodi) cannot be saved to AUTO. It still switches back to 1080p-60htz every time I go out of the settings menu...Luckily this doesn't stop KODI from switching to 24p when relevant content is detected. My whole point is that something is breaking when passthrough is enabled and that is easily seen at the first seconds of playback (you can realise that something is breaking at this point).

I have faith to the zidoo team since these have been long resolved in other players and it should be just a matter of concentrating resources to resolve the basic playback issues.

15. Eltax1693

Eltax1693 New Member

No support for HEVC 10Bit. Check 1.0.22.

16. Michael M

I too have that same "AUTO" issue. How maddening is that? Can someone from Zidoo provide us with some feedback concerning these recent posts and what the gameplan is? Pretty please. I get the early adopter argument but not in this case. These are the fundamentals we are talking about here.

Thanks!

17. SillyWilly

SillyWilly New Member

I uninstalled the YouTube app and then side loaded YouTube for google tv. This did work for me.
    Got the. Apk from:
    http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/youtube-for-android-tv/ easy to use with standard rc and also tv rc using cec.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
  18. Darek

Darek New Member

Hi
    I used this tv box with 1.023 version (it does not mater with version softwer) but I think at the moment it is shit. The main problem is with stil switches on 3D when is playing 2D films. It is in Kodi or native player. ZIDOO does somebody know when fix this bugs ????

19. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

Do you have 3D tv? If so, do you turn off 3D in tv? Maybe cec sending back 3D tv signal to zidoo xbmc?

20. Darek

Darek New Member

My tv it is samsung h6700 normaly 3d is turn of. The problem is that i am looking somthing on kodi (movi or tv, i used genezis adedones) of course it is 2d but after samotimes 1 min or 5 min turn on 3d for 2 seconds or made black screen and again 2d. And again after few minutes