New firmware v1.0.27 for ZIDOO X6 release

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by mirror, Dec 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alanisrox69

alanisrox69 New Member

I tried with Kodi. I didn't know there was a native player?!

I never get any choice "play with 3D". If I click on the ISO it opens all the folders, I go to BDMV, then select the index file. And it starts playing the movie in 2D.

Same ISO on Popcorn Hour A400 plays in 3D fine.

Tried a bunch of different ones on Zidoo X6 Pro and same result, all play in 2D automatically with no choice.

What am I doing wrong?

2. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Do you use the zidoo custom kodi? the standard kodi not this function.pls use the built-in kodi version,it certainly have the "play with 3d mode" option
    Screenshot_2016-01-12-16-25-47.png

Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
  3. Ayman

Ayman New Member

My test of ver. 28 is as follows.
    I had to stop hardware acceleration in kodi to prevent black screen on some streams from phonix.
    I can't use fast forward. Kodi will freeze and system will hang. Only forced reboot by power disconnect works.
    Stock media player can play mkv good.

Everything else I need works fine.

4. dorol

dorol Member

ETA for v.1.0.30?
    Dust on my zidoo is probably heavier than box itself.

simple6 likes this.
  5. alanisrox69

alanisrox69 New Member

I didn't install anything extra. How do I install the custom Kodi?

6. nexy33

nexy33 New Member

any ETA on the .30 firmware release please ?

7. alanisrox69

alanisrox69 New Member

OK, I finally found the Play with 3d mode button. I had to turn off auto play main movie in the settings, not sure how this got turned on.

anyway, seems to work, for the most part, which it didn't work at all when I got the box in October/November.

Doesn't seem to pass DTS-HD MA to my receiver properly tho, I just get static noise. If I turn on the Downmix or whatever it's called (turn off Passthru), the sound is way out of sync, like SECONDS out of sync. Tried two movies: Ant Man 3D and Jurassic World 3D.

For now, I'll have to stick with the Popcorn Hour A400....this Zidoo X6 Pro was a waste of $100 :(

8. spring

spring Guest

which version do you use?
    do you open the passthroug setting in android system setting?

9. alanisrox69

alanisrox69 New Member

1.0.27, and yes Passthru enabled in Android system setting as well.

10. fred_A3

fred_A3 New Member

Hello, have the same issue,
    worked with 1.0.27, if set enabled passthrough,, so sound will get silence, otherway will works,,,

think, this problem have other people too,, now i'll wait at your next firmware release.. may this helps to figure out their problems...

11. dorol

dorol Member

Reported this few weeks ago - regarding DTS_HD, TrueHD not working in media center.
    Nobody cares.

12. mirror

There are a lot of people who can prove that,Native player support DTSHD,TRUEHD pass through.why nobody cares?
    Give me more infomations.What are your settings,we need the screenshots?video file format?What is the power amplifier?

Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
  13. grummel2005

grummel2005 Well-Known Member

and the others are to stupid to work with your device?
    nice statement from you?!?
    this allone is disqualifying zidoo and the tech supporter :(

14. mirror

We need normal communication, and provide us with more information. And not blindly blame, that can not solve any problem.

15. grummel2005

sorry mirror but a lot of people asking questions, giving you massive infos and until a specific point the communication is normal from us all, but after a while if more and more people feeling blamed we have the right to tell you our feelings about the device.
    i hope you can understand us.
    we give a lot of money to you and get an approximately something between alpha and beta version.
    every question from you will be answered immediatly but your "help" brings no one forward
    think about it!

16. mirror

As we have said, there is never a perfect product in the world. What we can do is to make it more beter. In fact, we have done this, and we are working hard than any other company to listen the custormer's feedback and update the firmware. You can see that a lot of other brand's user try to flash zidoo firmware. Sometimes, we do not answer, does not mean that we do not have to do, somethings always need to step by step. Our engineers need more time to write code, not to use all the time in the community.

17. grummel2005

so you (zidoo) told us at christmas - "tomorrow you will get a new firmware", then some days later "tomorrow, we are in beta phase", than "in three days we are checking" and so on and so on!
    we do not need a "perfect" product but we have the right, that what you are ADVERTZING is running, and this is definitively NOT the case!
    we are looking for a device which has specific options, find yours and think, "okai thats what i need", then it comes to us and a lot of things (some basic stuff) is not running.
    what would you do think of it - give us a private meaning on this?
    how would you feel then?

18. dorol

dorol Member

Now you use " There are a lot of people who can prove that" response?
    Nice.
    Keep up the good work.

Android settings:
    Settings - Sound & Notification- Audio output: Hdmi is set to bitstream
    You need a screenshot for this?

Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
  19. fred_A3

fred_A3 New Member

my settings are..>android set to ,,passthtrough spdif cable,, sent directly to an actual soundbar via toslink
    in kodi (original zidoo) , if set audio,,passthrough,, now is >silence !! otherwords all sounds will working

looks like crazy..nothing more to say,, think, no screens are needed...?

eg. with this combo works before non zidoo device,, since 2 years..

20. grummel2005

they need screenshots for proof :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.