New firmware v1.0.27 for ZIDOO X6 release

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by mirror, Dec 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. simple6

simple6 New Member

I'm currently on 1.0.28. It is unstable just like the previous ones. Have to admit though that the out of sync audio issue has been improved quite a bit. There is a lot of inconsistency though to the result. I may play a movie once and audio is 5 secs out of sync, then stop and replay it and audio is spot on! How confusing...!

Please Zidoo team, try to focus more on the simple, synced, smooth, consistent playback. There is no point focusing on the advanced features until you resolve the basic playback issues that the X6 pro still has...

nice159 likes this.
  2. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Download the apk from this link (available for 7 days) http://we.tl/foeatQojSv (extracted by me from 1.0.27 FW)
    Put it on a USB Pendrive
    Connect it to one of the X6 USB port
    Remove (uninstall) the Play Store version of Kodi
    Access to USB from X6 native Explorer
    "Play" (launch) the "kodi.apk" on the USB, and install it.
    Zidoo Kodi should be restored...

If my procedure is wrong, please correct me.

3. dorol

dorol Member

For me, comin from another brands/boxes/forums, here is the most responsive support ive experienced till now.
    Im not tryin to defend anybody.
    +1

K Munir and andybux like this.
  4. Migeye

Migeye Member

I experience sometimes a sort of HDMI handshake issue, the screen goes black for a second and then comes back.
    I use Kodi.

had this with .26 but also with .27. Its very random, sometimes it occures not at all and just a minute ago several times. Its hooked on a Onkyo amp. Its not the onkyo because all other devices are running ok.

Hdmi setting is 1920x1080-60

Edit, ok, found on this forum that disabling the rockchipcodec acceleration could fix this and indeed, it seems to be fixed. I wait on the official .28 firmware because i read that this bug would be fixed than.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
  5. PacoRabanne

1.0.28 is a test release already published, you can try it if you want. Here the post http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...-27-for-zidoo-x6-release.771/page-8#post-4948
    Next release should be 1.0.29, and all of us hopes that a lot of problems will be solved.

6. aagvain

aagvain New Member

updated to 1.0.28 and now all sound is routing through my minix neo a1 air mouse speaker. i attempted to disable all usb routing through dev options but no luck. only way to get sound going through hdmi is to disconnect the usb reciever for the air mouse.

any other way to disable the routing of sound to air mouse?

7. spring

spring Guest

because of the sound only can routing only one device,so have no other way to do it. may be you can reply your air mouce of no speaker.

8. PacoRabanne

spring, I know that english is not your native language (neither mine, I'm italian...), but your answer is not clear enough.
    You mean that who own an airmouse with speaker must change it with one without?
    I understand that sound can be routed to only one device (but I don't think is completely true, there are around some software solution to send audio and/or video concurrently to more the one device or output....), but should be possible to disable some destination to avoid this behaviour, or at least define a priority.
    Anyway, could you explain it better ?
    Thanks in advance.

9. aagvain

aagvain New Member

actually I found a workaround. an app called soundabout
    I imagine that if the app works then native settings can be updated to allow for this functionality

10. cobra78

cobra78 Member

Sondabout app works.
    It disables internal microphone sound and route sound through bluetooth.
    When bluetooth sound device is disconnected, sound goes through internal mic again.
    So only 1 sound device is still used.
    On Lollipop when you connect a bluetooth headset mic, Lollipop still tries to use internal mic and since only 1 device can be used at a time, when you try to use a bluetooth mic, it doesn't work or say other device already in use.
    Here people also discuss a solution with Soundabout app for Nexus device
    https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=81093
    http://soundabout.userboard.net/t21...aker-wired-headset-or-some-other-audio-output

11. Jesper Jakobsen

Jesper Jakobsen New Member

I had black screen issues with 1.0.27 so I tried 1.0.28 which solved the problem.

Thanks zidoo team!

12. dorol

dorol Member

Too bad i cant use it for my primary reason:watching movies.
    For now just dust on zidoo x6, i am using Q5 who works like a charm.

13. grummel2005

grummel2005 Well-Known Member

thx dorol - maybe we should change then ;)

dorol likes this.
  14. Pharaon

Pharaon New Member

Guys, if you don't like it, it's not so bad. Put it on ebay, I'll buy a second one. :p

Keep the good work Zidoo folks !

15. dorol

dorol Member

For sure.
    Next week - on sale.
    I didnt buy this for collecting dust.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
  16. dennis

dennis New Member

having some passthrough issues here but very unusual one... with new firmware i do get 5,1 series sound but no sound when speaking?? so still hear background music etc just not the talking part?? dont really know what and how that is possible? all serttings are good ..sometimes turning passthrough in kodi out and on again will fix it temporarily until next episode

17. fred_A3

fred_A3 New Member

have the same issues about passthrough in Kodi,, (1.0.27),, in moment i set ,,passthrough off,, now sound works ???

same.. in this version with this nice ,,feature,, black screen issues.. (6-7 drop outs in movies)

18. dennis

dennis New Member

i need passthrough i use optical cable to get digital content but i got it working now by taking out the cable and putting back again....black screen issues i got solved earlier by unclicking rockchip in kodi accelerations menu..

19. alanisrox69

alanisrox69 New Member

How do I play 3D Bluray ISO? I open the ISO, it takes me to folder selection, if I select index, it starts playing the main movie but in 2D. It does not seem to be play back in 3D framepack? I already set the setting for 1080p24. What else am I missing? Installed firmware 1.0.27 (from original whatever shipped with the Zidoo in October - couldn't get 3D ISO playing on original firmware either), 1.0.27 still can't play 3D Bluray ISO???

20. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

via native player or kodi?if via kodi.pls select the "play with 3D" option

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.